Gadmeer Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadmeer Technology

Would it not be reasonable to seek out the gadmeer since by the looks of their technology it might be at or just below asgard?

What would you put their technology on a scale of 10? 1

1 = Earth
    5 = Tollan
    10 = Ancients

just so there is a reference

1 Earth

4 Goa'uld

6 Gadmeer
    7 Tollan
    8 Asgard
    9 Ori
    10 Ancients

Comment

Who are the Gadmeer again?

I'm kinda forgetting stuff

Comment

Gadmeer

I'd rank them a 7 on 1-10

There tech was impressive however their physical requirements were very different from us. It should be easy to find them since we know what planet they were transforming. Communicating to them might cause a problem though.

Comment

i would say they were an 7 as well, and yes communication mught be problem
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Wasn't Gadmeer the Planet Doctor Who came from? Before it went Cablooey?

Hmmm, the Gadmeer seem quite advanced, Terraforming, Mass Data Storage, Genetic Reproduction, Holography, AI. They seem stronget than the Asgard to me. The only problem I see is that they're Non-Oxygen breathing lifeforms, so contact would be impossible, unless in a Bio-Suit.

I can imagin one of those cornny relasionships were a human falls for a Gadmeer but because they can't meet, they're relationship is going no-where, unless they et a mind-transplant into the other races body. Who will be transplanted? The Human or the Gadmeer? Find out in Part 2! Mwhahahahahaha!

On a scale, I'd put them up there with the Ancients. Possibly more or less depending on what more (if any) we learn about them. Any Fanfics made on them? It'd be interesting...

Comment

I would say they're def. above the Gould and prolly the Tollan too (6 or 7 on this scale, doubt they're anywhere close to the Ancients though, idk about the Asgard, we haven't seen enough of Gadmeer tech to judge I don't think). I'll have to watch the episode again, but when they were changing the planet to suit their needs there were no actual living Gadmeer I believe, so idk if there would be any now. Assuming the transformation was complete, I think the ship had the intention of then starting the evolutionary process over again, at least for any plants, etc. I'm not sure if the Gadmeer will be in any position to talk to us for thousands of years (assuming the ship will speed up the natural evolutionary process (if that is in fact the plan)), unless of course the ship has been holding them in memory or stasis and will just transport them to the surface once it's acceptable.

There's a whole lot of unknowns, but if possible I'd love to see them again, they had some really interesting technology, but given their forms (body forms), it might be expensive to have them come back.

if anyone else knows more than me, please let me know!
              Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Without sounding ignorant, who are the Gadmeers?
                  Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                  MSN: [email protected]
                  feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221
                    Without sounding ignorant, who are the Gadmeers?
                    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the race that Dr Who is apart of.

Comment

The Gadmeer are from the episode Scorched Earth

Do the Doctors race have any other name besides Time Lords?

Comment

Cheers, i'll have a look on the omnipedia in a bit

(edit)

Readin the omnipedia, i'd rate them about a 7ish!
                        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                        MSN: [email protected]
                        feel free to add me on either

Comment

The Gadmeer are reptilain looking sulphure based life forms whose civilisation is 10,000 years old. They were beaten and almost exterminated by a 'stronger military force' so thy put all their knowledge and the bio-samples of their homeworld on a starship which was to find a planet similar to their homeworld and restart their civilisation. The ship was automated and began terraforming a world to restart their civilisation. There music is completely alien to us as its a series of shrieks.

I put the Gadmeer on seven as well as they looked quite advanced and i would put them above the Tollans but below the Asgard in tech level. They had their own beam transporter like the Asgard almost. Their ships are fairly intelligent and they can create replica androids to communicate with other races.

And the Time Lords planet is called Gallifrey or something like that.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It would be cool if the Gadmeer paid us back for not letting Lotan commit genocide (and for not blowing up their ship to protect the Enkarans) by flying by the Sol System and terraforming Mars and a few Jovian moons for us.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Not sure if they would be grateful or not. I mean would you payback someone if they failed in destroying you then changed their mind? I would be very insulted if that were with me.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X