Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatemage
    That is odd...
    Indeed it is, Colonel O'Niell er i mean.....Gatemage.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Oh, come off it (laughing)
      Spoiler:
      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
      I caught frogs and called them prince
      And made myself a queen
      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
      I slept in castles and fell in love
      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
      To capture tinkerbell
      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
      And anything I can to get by
      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I like the ending but I didn't think that this episode was as good as the previous two, although HG Wells character was written terrifically. This episode was written by Mark Gatiss, a member of the League of Gentlemen, so I wasn't surprised that it was dark and somewhat frightening.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Its Charles Dickens not HG Wells

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

I think the weirdest thing re-watching this eppy last night was that Gwen(ith) was in it! LOL At the time I didn't take a lot of notice of the Gwenith character, mostly I was like Rose thought she was a bit stupid.

However since Torchwood I found myself comparing Eve's performance here with the one on Torchwood... are we to believe in anyway that Gwen is a descendant of Gwenith? Maybe Gwenith had a sister or brother who had children?

Anyway I missed a couple of things the first time around, one was the conversation between Charles and The Doctor. The Doctor mentions something about not understanding the "American" part of one of Dickens books and then Charles says something about The Doctor criticising him even though he is his No1 fan... this was obviously a tip of the hat to Doctor Who fans who didn't like the 1996 Movie of Doctor Who you can complain about that but still love Doctor Who!

The other thing was related to Gwenith, Bad Wolf and maybe Rose. I am one of those who never really liked or got the whole Bad Wolf thing, I am still a little confuse on what/who was Bad Wolf, but it does seem like Rose is the connection...
            Spoiler:
            with her appearing in Doctor Who in the new series I am wondering if maybe RTD has decided to not just leave the Bad Wolf thing totally behind... *shrugs* I have no idea I just had this thought when watching TUD that it wouldn't be a stretch to include Jack and maybe even Gwen in a future Doctor Who eppy centred around the whoel Bad Wolf thing and maybe Gwenith...

I like this eppy, not really scary but for what it was it was good. Although now I remember why I wanted to slap The Doctor, that grin is too much for me to handle! lol
            Spoiler:
            Thank god for Jackie! *slap*

Comment

Favourite part: What the Shakespear?

i agree WC, i think it would be cool to revisit the Bad Wolf storyline
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Favorite line: "The stiffs are getting lively!" --Sneed.
                sigpic

Comment

lol i loved that line fantastic episode
                  sigpic

Comment

Charles Dickens being a total skeptic was interesting to watch, especially when he would get snippy with Sneed and the Doc.
                    sigpic

Comment

i agree. i like him in this ep
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool episode. I really enjoyed Charles Dickens. The aliens were a cut above normal as well, cool idea.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          Cool episode. I really enjoyed Charles Dickens. The aliens were a cut above normal as well, cool idea.
                          I still agree with that... Funny that this thread has had no replies for over two years...
                          sigpic

Comment

Gwen...or not Gwen...maybe Gwen?
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X