X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fools!!! ("Iresistable" spoilers)

Spoiler:
    I dont get why Richard kind is doing an episode of atlantis as a difrent character.
    It would have been such a great opertunity to have him reprise his role from the movie, especialy if it were for the 200th episode of SG1.
    I'm just a bit bemused as to why TPTB would waste that opertunity.

Rant over.
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

Well, TPTB like reusing actors:
    Beckett/Young Ernest
    Tollan Guy/Weir's Ex
    & now Lucius (Richard Kind).

Anyway, what part would Richard play on the show? If they use the old actor, it wouldn't be much, just "Wow, look at how far it's come in 10 years!" Anyway, he seemed like a prototype Mckay, just a little less explored & deepened. Anyway, I'm glad Richard Kind has returned to the show (if only breifly), it reminds us, & pays trinute to the Movie that started it all off. Now if they could only get James Spader & Kurt Russel (Daniel Jackson & Jack O'Neil, with one "L" & no sense of humour ) to guest star, that would be funny... very funny... impertect clone kinda funny.... Mwhahahahaha! Ba'al's Clon legacy lives on! In the form of past-clones! Mwhahahahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
      Spoiler:
      I dont get why Richard kind is doing an episode of atlantis as a difrent character.
      It would have been such a great opertunity to have him reprise his role from the movie, especialy if it were for the 200th episode of SG1.

Rant over.

Probably why they most likely won't have the original cast members in it either, with the exception of KR & JS etc, nobody would probably remember who he is. I've seen the movie three times over the years & I can barely remember who he is. They probably feel it would be a better idea to bring him as a new character into a newer show. Where they can start off fresh, rather than have him come in as a 'lost son' type, only to have most of the audience not even know who he is. To be honest, if it hadn't been mentioned, then the ep aired with him. I'd probably not even known who he was without having it pointed out to me, or at least with me having to do a bit of brain straining to try & remember the face.

Although, it would have been good to do a 'Ripple Effect' ep for the 200th, they could have added something else in for that slot, then saved it for S10. They could have brought back all the characters from the past. The original SG-1 from another relaity, which had the original movie cast. Then O'Neill's team, O'Neill's team with Jonas from S6, then others with Janet on the main team like they did etc.

That would have probably been better suited instead of 'Ripple Effect', not to metnion, it would have been grwat to see all the past characters together again.

Comment

maybe some tptb didn't even know he was in the movie

Comment

Spoiler:

Rant over.
          I'm honestly willing to bet that no one even thought of his original SG character until it was mentioned that the actor would be returning for a guest shot. I haven't seen a single "bring back, er, um, whats'name' thread since this forum began

Heck, many actors have played several guest star roles on SG-1. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            I'm honestly willing to bet that no one even thought of his original SG character until it was mentioned that the actor would be returning for a guest shot. I haven't seen a single "bring back, er, um, whats'name' thread since this forum began
            thats right, I don't think anyone ever asked for a return appearance of General West either.

Comment

I had totally forgotten he was in the original movie until it was mentioned here at GW. Personally, I'm really looking forward to his role in this one - I can see him being an absolute riot with it!
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                I had totally forgotten he was in the original movie until it was mentioned here at GW. Personally, I'm really looking forward to his role in this one - I can see him being an absolute riot with it!
                Indeed! I think he'll be great in this ep. Besides, it was such a small part he had in the movie. It doesn't bother me at all that he's going to be playing a different character. Afterall, that's show-business.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anyone want to speculate about the actual episode? Sounds like a mind control episode.

Comment

No, I think it's going to be an Atlantis Version of the First Hathor episode, but this time with both sexes.

If anyone's read Martha Well's Atlantis Novel: Reliquary (you should, it's pretty good). It sounds quite like that. Minus the appearance of the Koan. And Shepphard's
                    Spoiler:
                    transformation into a Koan
                    . So, Fan-fic can influence Canon & Episodes! Better get Writing.... "On day, all of the SGC was killed, except for Carolyn Lam, who defently needs more character depth. She needs to find away to stop her 10 AU doubles, from helping the Ori/Goa'uld/Anubis/Ba'al/ Grace Ship/Foothold Aliens/ the Trust/ Furlings/ Wraith/ Replicators to return to power, using the ability of the 9th Chevron!" Mwhahahaha! "Also, she finds out what "Cut the Green one" in Ripple Effect was all about & finding a timeline of the Alteran/Ori."
                    This story clears everything up, from the new greenwire mystery to the Fuling Mystery to the Ninth Chevron Mystery to the Alteran/Ori timeline Mystery.

Comment

Spoiler:

Rant over.
                      We have to remember the number of differenes that there are between the shows and the movie...only a couple of actors of the movies cast have reprised their roles in the show, I believe.
                      Last edited by Stricken; 25 March 2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Thats not true, there was erik avari as kasuf, and alexis cruse as skara.
                        I just thought that this guy was kind of funny in the movie, thats why i'm in a mood with tptb. It was like h'd been working for 2 years on this translation, Daniel comes in and in 5 minuets totally re-interprets it, and i thought the look on his face was priceless. If they hadnt got Daniel in to do it we'd still be calling it the "Doorway to Heaven" (i think thats what they called it, not sure though).
                        Whenever i would see spincity i would say to myself, "hey, he was in the stargate movie." but i do that all the time.

The episode sounds to me kind of a Hathor meets Urgo for Atlantis. Could be interesting i suppose.
                        Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
                        Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
                        Citizen Joe

Comment

Thats not true, there was erik avari as kasuf, and alexis cruse as skara.
                          I just thought that this guy was kind of funny in the movie, thats why i'm in a mood with tptb. It was like h'd been working for 2 years on this translation, Daniel comes in and in 5 minuets totally re-interprets it, and i thought the look on his face was priceless. If they hadnt got Daniel in to do it we'd still be calling it the "Doorway to Heaven" (i think thats what they called it, not sure though).
                          Whenever i would see spincity i would say to myself, "hey, he was in the stargate movie." but i do that all the time.

The episode sounds to me kind of a Hathor meets Urgo for Atlantis. Could be interesting i suppose.
                          Skara and Kasuf actually had significant roles in the movie, and where in positions that would naturally open up an avenue for those two characters to return in the tv series.

While this actor isn't bad, the character he played was basically an extra that had a few lines in a couple of scenes. His effect on the storyline overall was limited. Plus, as a couple of people have already said, if it wasn't for the fact that there is an article about him returning to the Stargate universe, a lot of people might recognise the actor, but not have a clue as to who the character is.

Plus, if this is 10 years or more, from the point of view of the Stargate universe, from the date in which the events of the movie took place, this seems kind of late to bring in a character from the movie. With the exception of an appearance of a person that was supposed to be Ra in the SG-1 season 8 finale Mobious Part 1, pretty much all of the movie characters that appeared on the show where introduced within the first season of SG-1.

Comment

Richard Kind is the perfect actor for this kind of role, its just a pity they couldn't bring him back to play his original character.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                              No, I think it's going to be an Atlantis Version of the First Hathor episode, but this time with both sexes.

If anyone's read Martha Well's Atlantis Novel: Reliquary (you should, it's pretty good). It sounds quite like that. Minus the appearance of the Koan. And Shepphard's
                              Spoiler:
                              transformation into a Koan
                              . So, Fan-fic can influence Canon & Episodes! Better get Writing.... "On day, all of the SGC was killed, except for Carolyn Lam, who defently needs more character depth. She needs to find away to stop her 10 AU doubles, from helping the Ori/Goa'uld/Anubis/Ba'al/ Grace Ship/Foothold Aliens/ the Trust/ Furlings/ Wraith/ Replicators to return to power, using the ability of the 9th Chevron!" Mwhahahaha! "Also, she finds out what "Cut the Green one" in Ripple Effect was all about & finding a timeline of the Alteran/Ori."
                              This story clears everything up, from the new greenwire mystery to the Fuling Mystery to the Ninth Chevron Mystery to the Alteran/Ori timeline Mystery.
                              "Hathor' was a form of mind control. Anyway, sounds like an interesting book. And the episode sounds more like the sleazy salesman kind of 'irresistable' than the sexual kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X