Forsaken (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mishy_mo View Post
    i did likie this episode it showed that after god know how many months jonas is really fitting into the team with the trust that jack placed in him and his plan when he waled though the stargate at the end

the one thing i didn't like about this ep however was the very begining where jack was portrayed as being stupid when it came to using a telescope

i thought this was unrealistic as all gates know Jack has a telescope on his roof (COTG) and also knows quite a lot about astronmy (singularity ie accresion disks conserning black holes)

mind you i'm a thunker (i thunk therefore i am) so i'm a little biased lol

i think this ep also shows that humans are just a capiable of evil as wierd looking aliens if not more so because they know how to manipulate thier own kind
    interestin pt bout Jack--who knows what's goin on here? possibly:
    1) he's pretendin again to be stupid to maintain the facade fr humor purposes (incl irritatin Carter)
    2)he's so bored he's not usin even his basic brainpower?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Interesting episode, and O'Neill's disinterest in astronomy surprised me too. Loved the fact that the humans were evil and the aliens were good in this one.
      sigpic

Comment

I just wished that they had kept their Scottish accents so when they were describing what happened to the ship it could go something like

Jack: So what happened here kids.
        Corso: We crashed because someone wasn't doing his job properly
        Lyle: It's not my fault I was giving it all she had captain.

Comment

Not a very memorable episode.......eh.........
          But I noticed the alien said that some were in stasis when all the three humans had already been arrested in the SGC. I guess it was a slip in the script.
          I wonder why these aliens weren't interested in the stargate and getting to know Earth. Certainly they could take their prisoners to a prison planet by a stargate......

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
            But I noticed the alien said that some were in stasis when all the three humans had already been arrested in the SGC. I guess it was a slip in the script.
            Warrick (the alien) said "They're all in transport stasis". Meaning the criminals had been put in stasis on the ship for the return to Hebridan (their homeworld).

Comment

But the three humans had already been taken prisoner already at the SGC!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Warrick (the alien) said "They're all in transport stasis". Meaning the criminals had been put in stasis on the ship for the return to Hebridan (their homeworld).

Comment

But the three humans had already been taken prisoner already at the SGC!
                And then they were turned over to Warrick, who put them back in stasis on his ship.

After what they had done to the crew of that ship, don't you think it more appropriate they be returned to face the punishment of their own people for murdering all those people from the ship? Why would the SGC be inclined to keep them?

Comment

Is Warrick considered human enough to be married to a human? Does DNA. allow for them to have offspring?
                  I would think he was not as compatible as the parents of Mr. Spock.

I wonder why these aliens weren't interested in the stargate and getting to know Earth. Certainly they could take their prisoners to a prison planet by a stargate......

Comment

Is Warrick considered human enough to be married to a human? Does DNA. allow for them to have offspring?
                    I would think he was not as compatible as the parents of Mr. Spock.
                    I wouldn't say he was "human enough". More that his culture/society was compatible with humans so that they could intermarry and have children.

Going back to your earlier question about the aliens from Hebridan and the stargate. They didn't know what a stargate was when they met SG1. I don't recall for sure (since I haven't watched the episode in awhile), but they were surprised that it was a transportation device to other worlds.

However, they manage to get one by Season 7, since they have one in "Space Race".

Comment

Well, they seemed to be a nice enough race to have contact and interaction with.....

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I wouldn't say he was "human enough". More that his culture/society was compatible with humans so that they could intermarry and have children.

Going back to your earlier question about the aliens from Hebridan and the stargate. They didn't know what a stargate was when they met SG1. I don't recall for sure (since I haven't watched the episode in awhile), but they were surprised that it was a transportation device to other worlds.

However, they manage to get one by Season 7, since they have one in "Space Race".

Comment

Not a great episode. Star Trek style aliens appearing on Stargate never works well, and really rubs me up the wrong way. What I liked about Stargate is how different it was to Trek. The human prisoners were completely uncharismatic and bland (the annoying little blonde bloke is asking for a smack in the face the whole way through). I did enjoy the twist as to who was who, though.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10
                        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Are we really to believe that the stereotypical Scottish love for strong drink has survived in thousands of years of isolation on another planet? This was almost as bad as the Native American stereotypes used in the "Spirits" episode. Except there the ugly aliens were afraid to show their true appearance to the humans they protected, while here they also played the role of protector to humans but seemed to have no shame in their hideousness. Anyone else see a parallel between these episodes?

Or maybe the aliens don't look so bad after you've had a few, making the coincidence of Scottish drunkenness and the ugliness of the native aliens fortuitous indeed.

Comment

I stuck a VHS in the Hall of Res machine.

1. This ep didn't really seem to be that big a deal first time around.

2. Have to admit I didn't quite expect the twist first time around but it seems 'way' too obvious on the rewatch.

3. One of Jonas's best moments of the season.

Decent enough filler that I didn't honestly think would be followed up on.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I enjoyed this episode first time round due to the surprise turnaround as to which race was the actual villain of the piece! Suffers a bit with rewatching though. However, Jonas and his shrewd thinking saving the day is always fun to watch.

Still baffles me why Jack looks into the telescope in the beginning and says he can't see anything, then being told by Sam because it's still light! Shouldn't he know since he actually has astronomy as an interest, he's there studying the stars on his own telescope on his deck in his first appearance on COTG?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Shouldn't he know since he actually has astronomy as an interest, he's there studying the stars on his own telescope on his deck in his first appearance on COTG?!!!
                                At this point in the series, it was more important to the writers to make Jack funny than it was to make him smart. Unfortunately.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X