Forsaken (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Then tell me - how do barbarians look like? Please?
    When I say barbarian, I mean it like in the following definition:

A barbarian is a human who is perceived to be uncivilized or primitive. The designation is usually applied as generalization based on a popular stereotype; barbarians can be any member of a nation judged by some to be less civilized or orderly (such as a tribal society), but may also be part of a certain "primitive" cultural group (such as nomads) or social class (such as bandits) both within and outside one's own nation. Alternatively, they may instead be admired and romanticized as noble savages. In idiomatic or figurative usage, a "barbarian" may also be an individual reference to a brutal, cruel, warlike, insensitive person.
    Like how the Romans referred to the Germanic, Celtic, Iberian, .... tribes as barbarian.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      When I say barbarian, I mean it like in the following definition:

Like how the Romans referred to the Germanic, Celtic, Iberian, .... tribes as barbarian.
      This is a definition what makes sb a barbarian - nothing is said about the way a barbarian looks!
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
        This is a definition what makes sb a barbarian - nothing is said about the way a barbarian looks!
        When I say they didn't look barbarian to me, I meant it entirely in the way of the definition. They didn't look primitive as in no understanding of technology...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          When I say they didn't look barbarian to me, I meant it entirely in the way of the definition. They didn't look primitive as in no understanding of technology...
          Yes, that's what I wanted to know - barbarian in the sense of primitive or less advanced. Okay.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Did Sam have sex with Corso? They were flirting an awful lot while holed up in the ship together, and Sam's comment of "Don't get your hopes up, that's as far as I'm going" shows she was aware that he was sexually attracted to her. Did they do anything between the scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
              Did Sam have sex with Corso? They were flirting an awful lot while holed up in the ship together, and Sam's comment of "Don't get your hopes up, that's as far as I'm going" shows she was aware that he was sexually attracted to her. Did they do anything between the scenes?
              Carter's a professional - I highly doubt it.

Comment

He was flirting, no he was high on masculine hormones if you know what I mean, but I'm sure nothing happened in between.
                Wouldn't quite match the picture of Carter.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

I sure as heck hope she didn't. I've always found Corso uniquely unsettling, and I'm not the sort to get that way too often. I rewatched this episode about a week ago and was once again reminded, I've been thinking he was miscast for over half my life. I get that he's supposed to be this wild, rugged guy who attempts to charm Sam in all those cliche ways, but he comes across to me as worse than he is.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

What about Carter's "We're just plugging your ship into my battery...that didn't sound good, did it?" comment? What would be the point of having that line in there if nothing became of it?

And not long before Carter discovers the truth about Corso and his pals, they have this exchange:

CORSO
                    You know, Sam, I've never met anyone like you before.

[She shakes her head.]

CARTER
                    Aden.

CORSO
                    Right. You should remain professional. Major.

[He leaves.]

It's possible that Carter was just getting sick of him and his flirting (but then why did she look disappointed after he left in a huff?), but it's also possible that they did something that she's now regretting, and wants to get back to being on a professional basis with him.
                    Last edited by Claire98909; 23 October 2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

What about Carter's "We're just plugging your ship into my battery...that didn't sound good, did it?" comment? What would be the point of having that line in there if nothing became of it?

And not long before Carter discovers the truth about Corso and his pals, they have this exchange:

CORSO
                      You know, Sam, I've never met anyone like you before.

[She shakes her head.]

CARTER
                      Aden.

CORSO
                      Right. You should remain professional. Major.

[He leaves.]

It's possible that Carter was just getting sick of him and his flirting (but then why did she look disappointed after he left in a huff?), but it's also possible that they did something that she's now regretting, and wants to get back to being on a professional basis with him.
                      Carter definitely is fed up with his behaviour, therefore she mocks on her own statement about the battery.
                      IMO she doesn't look disappointed but relieved and fed up!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Carter is a pro who doesn't jump in the sack with every man she meets...

That only happens in fanfic, and basically would mean an out of character Carter, or an AU Carter (a very, very, very AU Carter).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                          I sure as heck hope she didn't. I've always found Corso uniquely unsettling, and I'm not the sort to get that way too often. I rewatched this episode about a week ago and was once again reminded, I've been thinking he was miscast for over half my life. I get that he's supposed to be this wild, rugged guy who attempts to charm Sam in all those cliche ways, but he comes across to me as worse than he is.
                          Well, it did turn out that he and his cohorts were ruthless murderers who were being transported to prison. But that's hardly the side he would display to Sam, when flirting with her.

I 100% do not believe that anything happened between Sam and Corso. It was nothing more than a harmless flirtation. And whatever look she had on her face when he left was undoubtedly relief that he was gone and she could get back to her work. She's never been the type of person who would just hop into bed or have sex with a guy she just met. She never did with any of the other guys who were attracted to her, so why would she with Corso?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Well, it did turn out that he and his cohorts were ruthless murderers who were being transported to prison. But that's hardly the side he would display to Sam, when flirting with her.

I 100% do not believe that anything happened between Sam and Corso. It was nothing more than a harmless flirtation. And whatever look she had on her face when he left was undoubtedly relief that he was gone and she could get back to her work. She's never been the type of person who would just hop into bed or have sex with a guy she just met. She never did with any of the other guys who were attracted to her, so why would she with Corso?
                            I don't know...when Corso said "Now I don't want to leave [the planet]" and Carter replied "We'll stay in touch" she sounded a tad...awkward. Like something had happened off-screen and now she feels incredibly awkward being around him. He then said "I've never met anyone like you before" and she says "Aden...". He replies, rather tersely, "Right, you should remain professional. Major." before leaving in a bit of a huff. It just sounded like the way two people who are ashamed of what went on between them might act after the fact.

Comment

I don't know...when Corso said "Now I don't want to leave [the planet]" and Carter replied "We'll stay in touch" she sounded a tad...awkward. Like something had happened off-screen and now she feels incredibly awkward being around him. He then said "I've never met anyone like you before" and she says "Aden...". He replies, rather tersely, "Right, you should remain professional. Major." before leaving in a bit of a huff. It just sounded like the way two people who are ashamed of what went on between them might act after the fact.
                              Never, he was in desperate need of a tango and she was completely fed up with him being 'cuddly'!!!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Claire, you see sex everywhere.

What you interpret as post-coital awkwardness, I see as Carter, knowing she's alone and without backup, discouraging someone she is not attracted to but feels obligated to help.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X