Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: Forsaken (618)

  1. #81
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    Did Sam have sex with Corso? They were flirting an awful lot while holed up in the ship together, and Sam's comment of "Don't get your hopes up, that's as far as I'm going" shows she was aware that he was sexually attracted to her. Did they do anything between the scenes?
    Carter's a professional - I highly doubt it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  2. #82
    First Lieutenant Anja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vierhöfen (northern Germany)
    Posts
    659

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    Did Sam have sex with Corso? They were flirting an awful lot while holed up in the ship together, and Sam's comment of "Don't get your hopes up, that's as far as I'm going" shows she was aware that he was sexually attracted to her. Did they do anything between the scenes?
    He was flirting, no he was high on masculine hormones if you know what I mean, but I'm sure nothing happened in between.
    Wouldn't quite match the picture of Carter.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

  3. #83
    Major Jeff O'Connor's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,073

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    I sure as heck hope she didn't. I've always found Corso uniquely unsettling, and I'm not the sort to get that way too often. I rewatched this episode about a week ago and was once again reminded, I've been thinking he was miscast for over half my life. I get that he's supposed to be this wild, rugged guy who attempts to charm Sam in all those cliche ways, but he comes across to me as worse than he is.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

  4. #84
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    What about Carter's "We're just plugging your ship into my battery...that didn't sound good, did it?" comment? What would be the point of having that line in there if nothing became of it?

    And not long before Carter discovers the truth about Corso and his pals, they have this exchange:

    CORSO
    You know, Sam, I've never met anyone like you before.

    [She shakes her head.]

    CARTER
    Aden.

    CORSO
    Right. You should remain professional. Major.

    [He leaves.]

    It's possible that Carter was just getting sick of him and his flirting (but then why did she look disappointed after he left in a huff?), but it's also possible that they did something that she's now regretting, and wants to get back to being on a professional basis with him.
    Last edited by Claire98909; October 23rd, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

  5. #85
    First Lieutenant Anja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vierhöfen (northern Germany)
    Posts
    659

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    What about Carter's "We're just plugging your ship into my battery...that didn't sound good, did it?" comment? What would be the point of having that line in there if nothing became of it?

    And not long before Carter discovers the truth about Corso and his pals, they have this exchange:

    CORSO
    You know, Sam, I've never met anyone like you before.

    [She shakes her head.]

    CARTER
    Aden.

    CORSO
    Right. You should remain professional. Major.

    [He leaves.]

    It's possible that Carter was just getting sick of him and his flirting (but then why did she look disappointed after he left in a huff?), but it's also possible that they did something that she's now regretting, and wants to get back to being on a professional basis with him.
    Carter definitely is fed up with his behaviour, therefore she mocks on her own statement about the battery.
    IMO she doesn't look disappointed but relieved and fed up!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

  6. #86
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Carter is a pro who doesn't jump in the sack with every man she meets...

    That only happens in fanfic, and basically would mean an out of character Carter, or an AU Carter (a very, very, very AU Carter).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  7. #87
    General hedwig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula - huggling trees
    Posts
    23,186

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    I sure as heck hope she didn't. I've always found Corso uniquely unsettling, and I'm not the sort to get that way too often. I rewatched this episode about a week ago and was once again reminded, I've been thinking he was miscast for over half my life. I get that he's supposed to be this wild, rugged guy who attempts to charm Sam in all those cliche ways, but he comes across to me as worse than he is.
    Well, it did turn out that he and his cohorts were ruthless murderers who were being transported to prison. But that's hardly the side he would display to Sam, when flirting with her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    What about Carter's "We're just plugging your ship into my battery...that didn't sound good, did it?" comment? What would be the point of having that line in there if nothing became of it?

    It's possible that Carter was just getting sick of him and his flirting (but then why did she look disappointed after he left in a huff?), but it's also possible that they did something that she's now regretting, and wants to get back to being on a professional basis with him.
    I 100% do not believe that anything happened between Sam and Corso. It was nothing more than a harmless flirtation. And whatever look she had on her face when he left was undoubtedly relief that he was gone and she could get back to her work. She's never been the type of person who would just hop into bed or have sex with a guy she just met. She never did with any of the other guys who were attracted to her, so why would she with Corso?

  8. #88
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Well, it did turn out that he and his cohorts were ruthless murderers who were being transported to prison. But that's hardly the side he would display to Sam, when flirting with her.



    I 100% do not believe that anything happened between Sam and Corso. It was nothing more than a harmless flirtation. And whatever look she had on her face when he left was undoubtedly relief that he was gone and she could get back to her work. She's never been the type of person who would just hop into bed or have sex with a guy she just met. She never did with any of the other guys who were attracted to her, so why would she with Corso?
    I don't know...when Corso said "Now I don't want to leave [the planet]" and Carter replied "We'll stay in touch" she sounded a tad...awkward. Like something had happened off-screen and now she feels incredibly awkward being around him. He then said "I've never met anyone like you before" and she says "Aden...". He replies, rather tersely, "Right, you should remain professional. Major." before leaving in a bit of a huff. It just sounded like the way two people who are ashamed of what went on between them might act after the fact.

  9. #89
    First Lieutenant Anja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vierhöfen (northern Germany)
    Posts
    659

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    I don't know...when Corso said "Now I don't want to leave [the planet]" and Carter replied "We'll stay in touch" she sounded a tad...awkward. Like something had happened off-screen and now she feels incredibly awkward being around him. He then said "I've never met anyone like you before" and she says "Aden...". He replies, rather tersely, "Right, you should remain professional. Major." before leaving in a bit of a huff. It just sounded like the way two people who are ashamed of what went on between them might act after the fact.
    Never, he was in desperate need of a tango and she was completely fed up with him being 'cuddly'!!!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

  10. #90
    Major
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mapleleaf
    Posts
    2,063

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Claire, you see sex everywhere.

    What you interpret as post-coital awkwardness, I see as Carter, knowing she's alone and without backup, discouraging someone she is not attracted to but feels obligated to help.

    Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

  11. #91
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Claire, you see sex everywhere.
    She must be the goddess of fertility.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  12. #92
    General hedwig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula - huggling trees
    Posts
    23,186

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    I don't know...when Corso said "Now I don't want to leave [the planet]" and Carter replied "We'll stay in touch" she sounded a tad...awkward. Like something had happened off-screen and now she feels incredibly awkward being around him. He then said "I've never met anyone like you before" and she says "Aden...". He replies, rather tersely, "Right, you should remain professional. Major." before leaving in a bit of a huff. It just sounded like the way two people who are ashamed of what went on between them might act after the fact.
    Well, Corso definitely wanted something to happen between the two of them. But Sam was being polite and not realizing he was a criminal and murderer, was trying to show him that earth people could be friends. The only time we know that Sam had sex was when she got involved with Pete in Season 7. Before that, there were several guys interested in her, but she was not interested enough in them to take it that far. Amanda Tapping is the one the asked the writers to give Sam a boyfriend in Season 7. I really don't think she would have done that if she thought Sam had particiipated in sex prior to that. All the guys had certainly done that during those 7 years, but Sam didn't.

    Do you really want her to have had some fleeting sexual experience with someone along the way?

  13. #93
    Major General jckfan55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Carter's Lab
    Posts
    10,279

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    I interpreted her look as her thinking that maybe somehow she could have handled turning him down better. After they got along well and she was learning about their tech, now it was going to be awkward.

  14. #94
    Second Lieutenant BethHG's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    I think this is a good episode. A bit of a mystery with these humans that were too quick to fire upon the aliens. I really like the alien, and couldn't stand the humans. So glad that Jonas tricked them-- clever Jonas!

    Corso was coming on strong to Sam, and at least he got the hint that she wasn't interested. It creeped me out a bit, actually.

  15. #95
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Not at all a bad episode. I thought it quite enjoyable and it has Jonas Quinn outsmarting the bad guys with a nice little trap.

    It's also nice to see a different historical group of people put in the spotlight, the Celts. Add in a little history with the Ceberus of Dublin and you've got a nice little plot to work with.

    Of course, once you've seen the episode, you know who the bad guys are and who the good ones, but at the same time it gives you that little extra perspective to see how far the bad guys go to defend their "good guy" status, which actually makes it even more interesting in the end.

    How would you rate SG-1's "Forsaken?"

    Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible


    ************EDIT**************

    3-episode quiz: Metamorphosis, Disclosure & Forsaken

    Jigsaw puzzle: Forsaken
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; December 19th, 2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  16. #96
    Second Lieutenant Who Knows's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    11.39

  17. #97
    Second Lieutenant Who Knows's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    12.20

  18. #98
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Your second attempt was slower?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  19. #99
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    37,009

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Probably one of my favorites of S6 just because of how sneaky Jonas was. I like how this episode how Jonas compares to Daniel in intelligence. Makes all the more sad we lose Jonas soon. I get bored with Carter and Corse on the ship but loved Jack tracking down Warrick. This episode to me highlights that while Jack isnt smart like Sam or Daniel, he is quite genius in military intelligence. I have it a good. I got 11/14 since one of FH's quiz questions is wrong. Also 8:26. I fear FH will beat me so I'm going to think of a quick come back
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  20. #100
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    35,017

    Default Re: Forsaken (618)

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I got 11/14 since one of FH's quiz questions is wrong.
    Which one, so I may fix it?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •