Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forsaken (618)

Default Re: Forsaken (618)

go jonas for being a smart arse!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee View Post
    I liked the whole "Good-bad" swap around on this ep. For once the ugly aliens were the good guys, and the handsome humans bad.
    amen to that.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Interesting episode , it took a while before I found out who was the bad guys....

Oh and the alien guns sucked...

Rating : 5 / 10

I thought this was an average episode, not particularly good or bad really.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

I thought this was good and I liked how Jonas got to save the day and Jack trusted him.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by mishy_mo View Post
    i did likie this episode it showed that after god know how many months jonas is really fitting into the team with the trust that jack placed in him and his plan when he waled though the stargate at the end

the one thing i didn't like about this ep however was the very begining where jack was portrayed as being stupid when it came to using a telescope

i thought this was unrealistic as all gates know Jack has a telescope on his roof (COTG) and also knows quite a lot about astronmy (singularity ie accresion disks conserning black holes)

mind you i'm a thunker (i thunk therefore i am) so i'm a little biased lol

i think this ep also shows that humans are just a capiable of evil as wierd looking aliens if not more so because they know how to manipulate thier own kind
    interestin pt bout Jack--who knows what's goin on here? possibly:
    1) he's pretendin again to be stupid to maintain the facade fr humor purposes (incl irritatin Carter)
    2)he's so bored he's not usin even his basic brainpower?

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Interesting episode, and O'Neill's disinterest in astronomy surprised me too. Loved the fact that the humans were evil and the aliens were good in this one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

I just wished that they had kept their Scottish accents so when they were describing what happened to the ship it could go something like

Jack: So what happened here kids.
    Corso: We crashed because someone wasn't doing his job properly
    Lyle: It's not my fault I was giving it all she had captain.

First Lieutenant

Not a very memorable episode.......eh.........
    But I noticed the alien said that some were in stasis when all the three humans had already been arrested in the SGC. I guess it was a slip in the script.
    I wonder why these aliens weren't interested in the stargate and getting to know Earth. Certainly they could take their prisoners to a prison planet by a stargate......

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
    But I noticed the alien said that some were in stasis when all the three humans had already been arrested in the SGC. I guess it was a slip in the script.
    Warrick (the alien) said "They're all in transport stasis". Meaning the criminals had been put in stasis on the ship for the return to Hebridan (their homeworld).

First Lieutenant

But the three humans had already been taken prisoner already at the SGC!

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Warrick (the alien) said "They're all in transport stasis". Meaning the criminals had been put in stasis on the ship for the return to Hebridan (their homeworld).

But the three humans had already been taken prisoner already at the SGC!
    And then they were turned over to Warrick, who put them back in stasis on his ship.

After what they had done to the crew of that ship, don't you think it more appropriate they be returned to face the punishment of their own people for murdering all those people from the ship? Why would the SGC be inclined to keep them?

First Lieutenant

Is Warrick considered human enough to be married to a human? Does DNA. allow for them to have offspring?
    I would think he was not as compatible as the parents of Mr. Spock.

I wonder why these aliens weren't interested in the stargate and getting to know Earth. Certainly they could take their prisoners to a prison planet by a stargate......

Is Warrick considered human enough to be married to a human? Does DNA. allow for them to have offspring?
    I would think he was not as compatible as the parents of Mr. Spock.
    I wouldn't say he was "human enough". More that his culture/society was compatible with humans so that they could intermarry and have children.

Going back to your earlier question about the aliens from Hebridan and the stargate. They didn't know what a stargate was when they met SG1. I don't recall for sure (since I haven't watched the episode in awhile), but they were surprised that it was a transportation device to other worlds.

However, they manage to get one by Season 7, since they have one in "Space Race".

First Lieutenant

Well, they seemed to be a nice enough race to have contact and interaction with.....

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    I wouldn't say he was "human enough". More that his culture/society was compatible with humans so that they could intermarry and have children.

Going back to your earlier question about the aliens from Hebridan and the stargate. They didn't know what a stargate was when they met SG1. I don't recall for sure (since I haven't watched the episode in awhile), but they were surprised that it was a transportation device to other worlds.

However, they manage to get one by Season 7, since they have one in "Space Race".

Chief Master Sergeant LeftHandedGuitarist's Avatar

Not a great episode. Star Trek style aliens appearing on Stargate never works well, and really rubs me up the wrong way. What I liked about Stargate is how different it was to Trek. The human prisoners were completely uncharismatic and bland (the annoying little blonde bloke is asking for a smack in the face the whole way through). I did enjoy the twist as to who was who, though.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10

DHD Re: Forsaken (618)

Are we really to believe that the stereotypical Scottish love for strong drink has survived in thousands of years of isolation on another planet? This was almost as bad as the Native American stereotypes used in the "Spirits" episode. Except there the ugly aliens were afraid to show their true appearance to the humans they protected, while here they also played the role of protector to humans but seemed to have no shame in their hideousness. Anyone else see a parallel between these episodes?

Or maybe the aliens don't look so bad after you've had a few, making the coincidence of Scottish drunkenness and the ugliness of the native aliens fortuitous indeed.

I stuck a VHS in the Hall of Res machine.

1. This ep didn't really seem to be that big a deal first time around.

2. Have to admit I didn't quite expect the twist first time around but it seems 'way' too obvious on the rewatch.

3. One of Jonas's best moments of the season.

Decent enough filler that I didn't honestly think would be followed up on.

I enjoyed this episode first time round due to the surprise turnaround as to which race was the actual villain of the piece! Suffers a bit with rewatching though. However, Jonas and his shrewd thinking saving the day is always fun to watch.

Still baffles me why Jack looks into the telescope in the beginning and says he can't see anything, then being told by Sam because it's still light! Shouldn't he know since he actually has astronomy as an interest, he's there studying the stars on his own telescope on his deck in his first appearance on COTG?!!!

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Shouldn't he know since he actually has astronomy as an interest, he's there studying the stars on his own telescope on his deck in his first appearance on COTG?!!!
    At this point in the series, it was more important to the writers to make Jack funny than it was to make him smart. Unfortunately.

Seaboe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast