Trek books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trek books

not sure if this should be in the off topic chatter or not, so i took a shot and i'm putting it here. anyway;

i've got about 30+ trek books, almost all of which are TNG fiction, a few are novelisations of TNG movies. i'm thinking of selling them on ebay, and i'm looking for opinions as to whether if it were you, would you sell them individually, or as a bulk package, or should i try to flog them off elsewhere?

also, do people still read trek books? and do they still publish them? and what was your fave trek book? mine was Q-Space. (i think that was the one)

I read TNG books, I really cant state a favorite. I dont think that you will get that much money for them anywhere. I get them for .25 at the local used book store.

Comment

Originally posted by buckner
      I read TNG books, I really cant state a favorite. I dont think that you will get that much money for them anywhere. I get them for .25 at the local used book store.
      oh i don't really care how much i get for them. they're just taking up space on my shelf. valuable space, and i'm unlikely to ever read them again, and its not like they're a collectors item and will increase in value or anything. i just think its time to get rid of them, and i think ebay is the way to go. people will buy anything there! i'm just really wondering would i shift them easier individually or in bulk. or is there a better place to flog them off?

Comment

My favourite Trek book is a Voyager one, Pathways. It's the backstories of all the main characters, and it all fits with canon. I think it was written by someone involved with the show, but I can't remember who!

You live in Ireland, stargate barbie, don't you? If you're in Dublin, places like Chapters on Abbey Street will buy second-hand books if you can't sell them on e-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          also, do people still read trek books? and do they still publish them? and what was your fave trek book? mine was Q-Space. (i think that was the one)
          I still read them occasionally. My favorite is one of the early DS9 ones, Warchild. Although I love anything with Q in it – The Q Continuum Trilogy (of which Q-Space is a part – I'm partial to Q-Strike myself. Q whumping... who'd'a thunk?), Q-Squared, I,Q, and of course, who could forget Q-in-Law?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I LOVED Pathways, Mosaic, A Stitch in Time and The Farther Shore

I own about 150 Star Trek novels and I've only read about 50 of them! The ones above are the ones that stick in my mind.

I also recommend the 'Day of Honour', 'Fury' and 'The Captain's Table' series.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I saw a couple of the Captain's Table books a while ago but I couldn't afford to get them at the time. They're probably on Amazon, I'll have to check it out!!
              Is Mosaic the one about Janeway? I think I got that one on tape, it was very good!!

Comment

Yeah it is...fantastic book
                sigpic

Comment

I've only read a handful of Voyager books. Most recently, Homecoming, part 1. Now if I could only find part 2.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

i used to be able to get trek books in town but for some reason the book shops all decided to stop selling them which is a shame as i love trek books, i am abit of a bookworm. i read any i can get hold of!
                    SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Morgania - part two's entitled 'The Farther Shore'
                      sigpic

Comment

I read TNG and Enterprise books. They're fun, mindless, sort of candy for the head. I think my faves are Imzadi and Peter David's New Frontier series.
                        Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

Enterprise books arefun
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Anything by Peter David is worth the read. I that his New Frontier book series would have been a better choice for a series than Voyager or Enterprise.
                            I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

My favorite all time Trek book is Death in Winter by Micheal Jan Friedman. It has the most of the Next Generation Cast in it. Its basically a post Nemesis book. Excellent read!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X