Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
    That always makes me smile! The British are so refreshingly civilized----glad I married one.....

(These posts tend to be a bit surreal when you realize you're responding to someone's post from months ago---someone who may never even read your response! )

Aha! I've read it!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
      Aha! I've read it!!!
      That was very civilized of you!

Comment

Ah yes, I married a Brit too!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          Ah yes, I married a Brit too!
          An international marriage makes life a little more interesting, doesn't it?

(I see you're still in the UK---there are still things I miss about living in London despite the number of years we've been over here.... And that's my Disclosure, to keep this on topic!)

Comment

man this is my favorite flashback episode especially when thor comes in and kick kinseys ass
            My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

pretty boring....but it hand continuing politics and it saved money

Comment

Felt the Thor thing coming but dammit if it wasn't one of the most gratifying moments of the series. Thor correcting Kinsey on the Supreme part of his rank was hilarious, cheesy, and perfect at the same time. The perspective from which it was shot, with Kinsey in the background and Thor's index(?) finger pointed upward was fantastic. I clapped for our little grey friend. For those who thought it was meh for a clip show, I thought it was a well done one considering some others I've seen in other series, especially anime.
                "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                  pretty boring....but it hand continuing politics and it saved money

How can sat you it was boring? I mean we had a HOT looking Major for one hour
                  Last edited by SilverRider; 23 March 2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

boring clips show kinsy did good in thsi epsiode always trying to get the gate from us

good old thor always around the help
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was surprised coz I really loved this episode; I love surprises, so when Thor just appeared out of no where at the end and basically told Kinsey to 'Hey - Cut that out.' I laughed so hard my dog died.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Sorry to bring up plot holes and stuff, but I have to say this. I was just watching this episode, and after Thor beams in he says that he is there to install Asgard designed shields and WEAPONS! What is this, our ships have never had Asgard weapons. I just wish they would!! Can someone explain, or is this just a mistake??
                        You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
                          Loving the part when Thor beams in (sitting in his chair of course ) and then corrects Kinsey on how he should be addressed. The look on Kinsey's face is priceless, lol. All in all though, this episode had its bad points but some good.

Also, I can't help but feel that this episode was somewhat pointless.
                          While i do agree, the plot behind it was good, but how they did it was a little 'off, overall i did like the ep.. And seeing Checkov again, actually working with the US was great. As for Thors line, that was classic... I especially loved his
                          "i believe col oniel was joking when he said to beam you to an uninhabited planet for your crimes here'..

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                          First of all, why were those particular countries invited to this summit? Great Britain and France I understand (altho if this had been filmed AFTER the Iraqi war began......). But what was China doing there? We (US govt) don't particularly like China or trust them (political repression, human rights violations). I just loved the line when the Chinese ambassador said "The Chinese government doesn't lie to its people." Har har, good one. You don't imprison political dissidents, either, do you?
                          I would have liked to know why china was there too, and not other 'allied countries like germany, austrailia etc..

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                          I also wondered where some other countries were. I know the explanation they gave was something about "countries with the greatest military strength" or something like that. But Great Britain is rather small, size-wise, but so is Japan. And Japan probably has cooler technology for their soldiers. Also, since that episode, I haven't seen much interaction with soldiers or governments represented at this summit. Except for Russia, of course, but even they have had a limited role. So what happened to the cooperation they all pledged? Has it been discussed at all?
                          Japan was not there... As to britian having 'small' strength, while that might be, to me, they go for more 'quality' than quantitiy... And i do agree, they should have shown more interaction between the member states there and SG1 over the years, other than the few IOA shows we have had..

Originally posted by alz0rz View Post
                          Also, am I the only one that in Discolure they mention SG1 so much they should have had a walk-in during the brefeing. "These are the guys who you owe your life to" and Teal'c a real live alien..
                          I would have liked that, even if it was just Jack and Sam (since they are military)..

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                          I thought the British Ambassador's greeting when Thor arrived was incredibly realistic.

"..........h-hello?"

Very British. None of this "where the £$%&*£$ did that come from?!" stuff.
                          LOL. that is quite true... and i especially like, that the french ambasador, kind of 'stood' back... not knowing what to do..

Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn View Post
                          I love how General Hammond outmaneuved Kinsey by having Thor show up..
                          I also liked it that Kinsey knew he was 'beat' and admitted it to hammond "general, i would like to say well played"..

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen View Post
                            man this is my favorite flashback episode especially when thor comes in and kick kinseys ass
                            HAHA agreed i love when Thor comes down ewrybody becomes so surprised
                            its pricless
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep better than Politics in season 1. I thought it flowed better. I thought Hammond was real good and Major Davis I think that's his name. I hated Kinsey he gets on my nerves he's too OTT.
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I hope someone can help answer this question...

In Disclosure, after Major Davis and General Hammond mention the Goa'uld and Asgard ships that crashed to Earth, the British Ambassador says "Although I am a bit dubious that not one, but two reported meteors in the last few years were in fact alien ships." To this, Major Davis replies, "Actually there were three."

Okay, I know that the Anubis' ship and Thor's ship were the two referred to above, but I cannot figure out what the THIRD ship was! Am I spacing out (pun not intentional...) and missing something really obvious?

If anyone can tell me what third ship Davis is referring to, I would be very happy, and get a lot more sleep at night...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X