Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lophius View Post
    I hope someone can help answer this question...

In Disclosure, after Major Davis and General Hammond mention the Goa'uld and Asgard ships that crashed to Earth, the British Ambassador says "Although I am a bit dubious that not one, but two reported meteors in the last few years were in fact alien ships." To this, Major Davis replies, "Actually there were three."

Okay, I know that the Anubis' ship and Thor's ship were the two referred to above, but I cannot figure out what the THIRD ship was! Am I spacing out (pun not intentional...) and missing something really obvious?

If anyone can tell me what third ship Davis is referring to, I would be very happy, and get a lot more sleep at night...

Thanks!
    well the third one was not a ship it actually was a meteor
    it was in epeisode fail safe
    sigpic

Comment

While they were explaining they showed clips of previous episodes. I was just wondering if you guys can help me figure out exactly which episode they were. Okay for the 1st one. They were explaining how 3 aliens ships have crashed on Earth. One was the Asgard vessell. Which episode was that? the other one is when they were explaining how the Gouald invade with thousands of troops per ship. Which episode was that?

Comment

The clip of the Asgard ship crashing is from Nemesis (3:22), and the one with the Goa'uld attacking with thousands of Jaffa was Summit (5:15)

Comment

But the clip from Summit wasn't of them attacking Earth, Zipacna (who was in thrall to Anubis) sent that force to take a Tok'ra base.

Not that either of you suggested that, just clarifying.

Comment

clip show ep. lots of talking. please tell me kinsey is gonna get his due? he is just so so...grrr...

but, i still enjoyed it because *supreme* commander Thor is here! telling kinsey that jack wanted him transported in another planet but was "reasonably certain it was made in jest." and love that little gray guy correcting kinsey.

and he brought gifts too!

i don't care about politics. but i don't think it's a good idea for someone who plans to become a president to insult the military. it's also bad form to bicker with your own countrymen in front of foreign people during a meeting such as in this ep. the coma must have caused some brain damage to kinsey.
            Last edited by L E E; 25 July 2008, 06:08 AM.

Comment

This is an episode I really enjoyed. It was pretty interesting considering it was a clip show. I tend to get excited at any ep that has bits of disclosure in it. OMG! I live to see their reactions. & the Brit's reaction was classic!!! "Wha, what"??? I so wish to sometime see the StarGate be introduced to the world & the reaction & how they handle it. Anyway as far as to who was chosen to be there for disclosure & why such allies like Japan & Australia were left out. Hammond himself stated they were there because they were the most militarily powerful in the event of an attack on earth & the Chinese themselves had evidence to contradict the cover stories that they were about to come forward with.
              Maybe Kinsey & Hammond shouldn't be holding their private little war in front of other nations, but it goes to show not only Kinsey's desperation to snag the gate, but his self righteousness. It's obvious he's too 1 track minded to care about agruing in front of foreign dignataries, & Hammond was left in a position in which he had to respond. The consequences of what'd happen if the NID had the gate were too important to ignore. I love Thor!! For a puppet he's a GREAT character. I loved that finger he gave Kinsey & I think if it wasn't a family oriented show Thor would've flipped him a different one. Hahaha! You can't invent a Sci-Fi show & create a non existant world without inconsistancies & at least most of them are minor. I laugh at some, but never let them get in the way of the enjoyment of the show

Comment

I'm going to be honest, i dont know why but this is my favourite episode of SG1 i have no idea why it is; it just is.
                sigpic

Comment

Well judging by your sig. You like the Asgard. Also Kinsey is a pain in the mikta
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I would have liked to know why china was there too, and not other 'allied countries like germany, austrailia etc..
                    As mentioned by other user, these 5 nations are nations of the UN Security Council, they are the 5 most powerful nations in UN with veto power.

The reason why they are disclosing this was for global security reason, they are not disclosing it to friends just because they feel like chatting about it with someone.

So, whether we like these nations or not, they are the nations that must first know about the stargate. Global security issues, UN Security Council.

Disclosing it to Australia is not going to do much good when the goauld attacks, and as mentioned, this is not something they can disclose to other nation just for kicks.

They can only disclose the stargate program to nations that matters most, should they resort to an all out self defense war against the goauld.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                      As mentioned by other user, these 5 nations are nations of the UN Security Council, they are the 5 most powerful nations in UN with veto power.

The reason why they are disclosing this was for global security reason, they are not disclosing it to friends just because they feel like chatting about it with someone.

So, whether we like these nations or not, they are the nations that must first know about the stargate. Global security issues, UN Security Council.

Disclosing it to Australia is not going to do much good when the goauld attacks, and as mentioned, this is not something they can disclose to other nation just for kicks.

They can only disclose the stargate program to nations that matters most, should they resort to an all out self defense war against the goauld.
                      agreed!

i love thor putting kinsey in his place haha classic

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post

i love thor putting kinsey in his place haha classic
                        I loved that part to. This episode was pretty good, I don't like Kinsey! I was so wanting thor to find some planet to send him to.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
                          But the clip from Summit wasn't of them attacking Earth, Zipacna (who was in thrall to Anubis) sent that force to take a Tok'ra base.

Not that either of you suggested that, just clarifying.
                          but it was the clip they showed I am quite sure
                          sigpic

Comment

well its about time they revealed the stargate program to other countries. good ep even if it was a clip show.
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, a clip show, but as clip shows go, it wasn't too bad. I somehow thought the French ambassador would have wanted to surrender to the Goa'uld though..

Comment

I personally loved this episode, I thought the plot was great but it could have done with a few less clips.
                                sigpic
                                Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Working...
                                X