Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
    In that case you are insulting everyone - the writers, the actors and everyone watching.
    You really have no idea how entertainment works, do you?

People are not stupid and are quite capable of following a story without having their hands held.
    Yes, they unfortunately are. Not all of them, but that's the nature of the thing.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I do. And yes one bad show can kill the ratings. Its happened before. Its always interesting when episodes fans on message boards don't like gets high ratings
      Last edited by jelgate; 01 October 2015, 09:26 AM.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, they unfortunately are. Not all of them, but that's the nature of the thing.
        There is a big difference between "how entertainment works" and "how productions studios/networks" work.

And to your other statement - wow!!!!

Who exactly is the "not all" in that and how how are these elite different to the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I do. And yes one bad show can kill the ratings. Its happened before. Its always interesting when episodes fans on message boards gets high ratings
          Sorry, I don't follow what you mean.

Comment

I think this is not the right way of reacting to a sensible post. Why are you doing this? Sometimes it seems as if a Goa'uld writes your posts. I am sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

There is a big difference between "how entertainment works" and "how productions studios/networks" work.
              You're right. I made a mistake in mixing the two up.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that you can't capture an audience with dialogue alone.

Who exactly is the "not all" in that and how how are these elite different to the rest?
              Viewers are fickle. You have those that flip through channels for a living, and have no patience whatsoever. There are those who watch when they have time and probably won't waste there time on 42 minutes of dialogue unless it's a talkshow. Then there are the fans who will watch the show - whether they will appreciate 42 minutes of dialogue is another matter (you obviously do, I don't).

And then there are those who might watch a show, and have their choice led by reviews, or someone telling them to watch a certain show, or follow the herd.

That's what I meant in my previous comment...

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              I think this is not the right way of reacting to a sensible post. Why are you doing this? Sometimes it seems as if a Goa'uld writes your posts. I am sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.
              Excuse me?!?

Did you miss the part where it says discussion board. We don't have to agree with one another, and if I hurt Not James' feelings in any way, I apologize to him.

By the way, I've been called many things already on the board, but Goa'uld really is the first time. Must be the Falcon Horus callsign. Though in the show it was Horus-The-Elder, Heru'ur.

Comment

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean.
                I'm not Jelgate, but I think he's saying that sometimes episodes fans don't like get high ratings overall, which is interesting.

(I think he also edited that post).

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  I'm not Jelgate, but I think he's saying that sometimes episodes fans don't like get high ratings overall, which is interesting.

(I think he also edited that post).

Seaboe
                  Stupid autocorrect

It happens and proves one of the most important fandom rule that we are a minority. A lot of fans hated BrainStorm and it was one of the higher rates shows for SGA S5
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

A lot of fans hated BrainStorm and it was one of the higher rates shows for SGA S5
                    And I'm still trying to wrap my brains around that one...

Comment

Their are several reasons. A big reason is most people who watch TV don't have obsessive irrational hate for characters. Most don't have emotional attachments to characters
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Their are several reasons. A big reason is most people who watch TV don't have obsessive irrational hate for characters. Most don't have emotional attachments to characters
                        Fandom would be so dull without it.

Comment

True but even the viewers who watch every week don't put the amount of love or hate to characters like some fans do. That mentality is a big factor (among others) why fans and viewers ideas don't always line up
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Damn, I hate it when you're right. You are truly the master.

*bows to the might of Jelgate*

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                              One of my favorite episodes, bar none.
                              Old post, but that seems rather excessive for a clip episode? Other than the ending and Kinsey story, it's rather poor. The representatives from England, China and France are also very annoying. Should of at least brought in some good actors if the script wants them to do a wtf face everytime an alien ship is mentioned. ALIENZ OMGZZ, TWO ALIENZ? OMGZ.

Comment

I think they were just the way they were meant to be - I liked them and the ep.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X