No announcement yet.

Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, those are also the major nuclear powers in the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by Genty
      This episode was probably my 2nd least favourite of the season after Abyss...

It just didnt add up for me, they were all all for shuting down the gate, until Thor turned up, made a fool of Kinsey and left... then theyl, all of a sudden, all changed their minds... As much as we a clip show was destined for this season, and the plt wasnt actually that bad. I was a bit disapointed with the way the episode actually panned out...
      The funny thing about Stargate is that at times when it seems that the show has a premise for a juicy plot they fall flat. Yet when they have what seems as a normal or weak premise they pull out a very good show. go figure?

I agree that the ending was a little poor. I think they could have done without about half of the choping and just did dialog. And I dont think kinsey was needed. While it was a good twist it was too much for one episode. Frankly their was hardly any discussion of the project. Almost no questions were asked by the rep's. I hardly think that they would be willing to just agree without more detailed info. Not to mention I think they would question Thor and what he really meant.

Yes I know its a tv show and they dont have the time. But this kind of juicy plot should have been left for a two parter.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
        They needed to save their budget for the end of the season (can we say $100,000 USD + just for the ONE effect act near the end of the season finale) so it was a typical clip show with a classic deus ex machina at the end, what's more to say?

That affect at the end didn't seem like $100,000 but I'm no expert on this sort of stuff. I'm glad that they resolved their little 'argument' but this certainly wasn't the best episode of the season. I think they could have made it better, if they tried.
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
          But Great Britain is rather small, size-wise, but so is Japan. And Japan probably has cooler technology for their soldiers.
          I am far from an expert on this, but I believe the new Constitution Japan put into effect following WW2 prohibits them from maintaining an Army. They do have Self Defense Forces and such, but are mainly a pacifist nation now. They kind of stretched the definition to help out in Iraq, saying it was a self defense move against terrorism and such.

Again, I am no expert, and I am sure others know more about it than I do, but that just popped into my mind when I was reading this ;p
          O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
          Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
            I am far from an expert on this, but I believe the new Constitution Japan put into effect following WW2 prohibits them from maintaining an Army. They do have Self Defense Forces and such, but are mainly a pacifist nation now.
            I believe this is so; that's why when Godzilla attacks they just have the guys in the white helmets who run around shouting a lot.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
              I am far from an expert on this, but I believe the new Constitution Japan put into effect following WW2 prohibits them from maintaining an Army. They do have Self Defense Forces and such, but are mainly a pacifist nation now. They kind of stretched the definition to help out in Iraq, saying it was a self defense move against terrorism and such.
              You are correct, the JSDF is limited by it's contitution in size and budget. There have been efforts in recent years to change that part of the constitution by those who (I believe rightly) believe that the nation's influence in world affairs is limited because they are unwilling to risk the lives of their sons and daughters.

These measures have been defeated handily. The pacifist constitution is one of the most popular elements of the government in Japan. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Comment

You can just hear the PTB.
                "OK, guys you're over budget, time to dig out some clips!"

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I hate clip shows. I really wish people who make programs would stop bringing out visual "greatest hits" progs whenever they need to save some cash.
                sigpic

Comment

I liked little grey man Thor again, nice move indeed by general Hammond. [Mod snip]

Anyway, about Japan. They want to get into the UNSC as fast as possible, as does Germany, and they have already stepped on the edge of their consitution with the troops stationed in Iraq. Surely their pacifist constitution will be changed some day soon and quite frankly, I can't blame them. If China was my neighbor, well, I'd like to gear up and get armed and ready too.
                  [Mod snip] [They] can't be strapped forever because of the 40's ... they're more trustworthy than China is in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Darren; 09 November 2004, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh

Also, since that episode, I haven't seen much interaction with soldiers or governments represented at this summit. Except for Russia, of course, but even they have had a limited role. So what happened to the cooperation they all pledged? Has it been discussed at all?
                    Possible Atlantis Spoiler

]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]
                    ]

Well we do see in Atlantis that its more of a international expedition - from all around.

Also, am I the only one that in Discolure they mention SG1 so much they should have had a walk-in during the brefeing. "These are the guys who you owe your life to" and Teal'c a real live alien.. but then again Thor's sexy appearance made up for all that but it was still expected

and Kinsey got owned.. nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                      Also, am I the only one that in Discolure they mention SG1 so much they should have had a walk-in during the brefeing.
                      The purpose of clip shows is to save money, so the regulars (minus the venerable George Hammond) don't appear.
                      Rocky

Comment

*yawns* Next, please.

Comment

did anyone else notice that the table is the same one thats in the atlantis breifing room?
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

no i didn't
                            Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

This one was great! very clever clip show. Kinsey had a good plan and it was a nice surprise to see Thor make an appearence.
                              Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu`
                                This one was great! very clever clip show. Kinsey had a good plan and it was a nice surprise to see Thor make an appearence.
                                What? To convince the most powerful nations in the world that the USAF is a farcical body of incompetents? That's not a good plan, particularly if you're already planning to be President and thus CiC of the Air Force anyway.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X