Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant SG1FanOregon's Avatar

Default Re: Disclosure (617)

This is an episode I really enjoyed. It was pretty interesting considering it was a clip show. I tend to get excited at any ep that has bits of disclosure in it. OMG! I live to see their reactions. & the Brit's reaction was classic!!! "Wha, what"??? I so wish to sometime see the StarGate be introduced to the world & the reaction & how they handle it. Anyway as far as to who was chosen to be there for disclosure & why such allies like Japan & Australia were left out. Hammond himself stated they were there because they were the most militarily powerful in the event of an attack on earth & the Chinese themselves had evidence to contradict the cover stories that they were about to come forward with.
    Maybe Kinsey & Hammond shouldn't be holding their private little war in front of other nations, but it goes to show not only Kinsey's desperation to snag the gate, but his self righteousness. It's obvious he's too 1 track minded to care about agruing in front of foreign dignataries, & Hammond was left in a position in which he had to respond. The consequences of what'd happen if the NID had the gate were too important to ignore. I love Thor!! For a puppet he's a GREAT character. I loved that finger he gave Kinsey & I think if it wasn't a family oriented show Thor would've flipped him a different one. Hahaha! You can't invent a Sci-Fi show & create a non existant world without inconsistancies & at least most of them are minor. I laugh at some, but never let them get in the way of the enjoyment of the show

I'm going to be honest, i dont know why but this is my favourite episode of SG1 i have no idea why it is; it just is.

Well judging by your sig. You like the Asgard. Also Kinsey is a pain in the mikta
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I would have liked to know why china was there too, and not other 'allied countries like germany, austrailia etc..
    As mentioned by other user, these 5 nations are nations of the UN Security Council, they are the 5 most powerful nations in UN with veto power.

The reason why they are disclosing this was for global security reason, they are not disclosing it to friends just because they feel like chatting about it with someone.

So, whether we like these nations or not, they are the nations that must first know about the stargate. Global security issues, UN Security Council.

Disclosing it to Australia is not going to do much good when the goauld attacks, and as mentioned, this is not something they can disclose to other nation just for kicks.

They can only disclose the stargate program to nations that matters most, should they resort to an all out self defense war against the goauld.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    As mentioned by other user, these 5 nations are nations of the UN Security Council, they are the 5 most powerful nations in UN with veto power.

The reason why they are disclosing this was for global security reason, they are not disclosing it to friends just because they feel like chatting about it with someone.

So, whether we like these nations or not, they are the nations that must first know about the stargate. Global security issues, UN Security Council.

Disclosing it to Australia is not going to do much good when the goauld attacks, and as mentioned, this is not something they can disclose to other nation just for kicks.

They can only disclose the stargate program to nations that matters most, should they resort to an all out self defense war against the goauld.
    agreed!

i love thor putting kinsey in his place haha classic

Quote Originally Posted by Butlersgate View Post

i love thor putting kinsey in his place haha classic
    I loved that part to. This episode was pretty good, I don't like Kinsey! I was so wanting thor to find some planet to send him to.

Default Re: 6.17 Disclosure

Quote Originally Posted by theStormWeaver View Post
    But the clip from Summit wasn't of them attacking Earth, Zipacna (who was in thrall to Anubis) sent that force to take a Tok'ra base.

Not that either of you suggested that, just clarifying.
    but it was the clip they showed I am quite sure

well its about time they revealed the stargate program to other countries. good ep even if it was a clip show.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Okay, a clip show, but as clip shows go, it wasn't too bad. I somehow thought the French ambassador would have wanted to surrender to the Goa'uld though..

Second Lieutenant General_Finley's Avatar
    On board the USAF Aurora preparing to engage enemi

I personally loved this episode, I thought the plot was great but it could have done with a few less clips.

Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

In the Pegasus Galaxy Plotting to Take Over

I saw this episode this past tuesday or wednesday when it was on the little mini marathon as I call it. Loved how Thor put Kinsey in his place! "That's surpreme commander"

This was surprisingly good for a recap episode.

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

I liked this one because of the fact that Thor totally put Kinsey in his place... lol!! I was like "You Rock Thor!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AresLover452 View Post
    I liked this one because of the fact that Thor totally put Kinsey in his place... lol!! I was like "You Rock Thor!!"
    This is the only thing I liked about this ep. It was a bottom line ep otherwise, and they make me sleepy.
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

While recent posts in this thread would suggest otherwise, this episode gets a lot of hate. I understand that, given it's partially a clipshow, that's going to happen and I can't argue with that sort of logic. But I've seen people claiming it has zero plot, and the lack of SG-1 in present form was a gamebreaker, and it was just a dreadful ep.

I rewatched it last night and... no, I rather enjoyed it.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

it's not my favorite bottle show but I was expecting the Chinese Ambassador to stand up, put his hands together and say "Namaste and Good Luck!"

Christine

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Not the best considering it was a clip show but not bad. Gotta love Thor I wish Kinsey would just die!

Brigadier General

just finished watching this episode and i loved the kinsey/thor scenes. the whole episode was good. but seeing thor put kinsey in his place was just priceless.

the stargate program risks the entire world and everyone living on it and is entirely authorized by the consent of very few individuals

and i'm a bit surprised that people think china shouldn't have been represented
    the russians/chinese as incompetent bad guys while america saves the day thing is already very dated, even stargate shouldn't have been using it in the 21st century
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Chief Master Sergeant Meshakhad's Avatar

Yes, it was a deus ex machina, but it was an AWESOME deus ex machina. Then again, Thor is the god of awesome, so it fits.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast