This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Ragin'

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss cases of road rage enacted or experienced by people here!!

I was kinda glad today that we have tight gun laws in Australia.

I pulled up today because the person in front of me was reversing in to a car park. I guy comes up behind me in a van, not seeing me and slams on his breaks. Fortunately for me he didn't hit me....unfortunately for him he had a role of carpet in his van which smashed his front window = Guy seriously pissed off. At the next set of traffic lights he pulls up next to me, gets out of the van and proceeds to pound on my window, yelling some nasty words, despite the fact that I had done nothing wrong. Yoga, meditation, strong medication not allowing for operation of heavy machinery please!!!

That sucks! I would have blown him a kiss and drove off

I was on the freeway once, after driving all the way down from New South Wales I just wanted to get home. So I'm on the northern ring road doing 100 (speed limit) and I was in the right hand lane because my turn off wasn't for ages. People behind me start beeping. I check all the oil lights and stuff, nothing wrong so I keep going. They beep me again so I look at my speedo and it's just over 100, they then pull into the left lane, open their window and start yelling at me to go faster! I have a 4 cylinder car so it shakes up at 110 so there was no way I was going to speed up for them
    I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

I could write a book. The worst that's happened to me: Some moron tailgated me for 3 miles, then jumped out of his car when I got caught at a red light, and threw a glass of water in through my car window. I had done absolutely nothing to provoke him. I called the cops, and he was arrested for assault.

I wish the US had Australia's gun laws; who knows what he could have been packing!
      I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

I hate people that tailgate deliberatly to make you go faster even though you're on the speed limit in a built up area, and then when they have the chance they roar past you and glare at you like it's a mortal sin to slow them down. Then you tailgate them all the way down the street and it pisses them off
        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

^...Happens to me all the time in my 1.1 polo!! Just take your foot off the accelerator then look in your rear view mirror and see angry bald man's vein grow 3 inches. Then just accelerate back up to 60 and leave them in your dust. Works a treat!

Or just tap the break so he/she sees the lights come on but not enough that he crashes into the back of you... My driving instructor did that when i was learning and on a roundabout, i nearly papped myself.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Driving seems to bring out the worst in people, a couple of years back I was cycling along minding my own business. when I came up to a flatbed lorry that had stopped on the road so that the guy in the passenger seat could chat someone on the pavement. I hand signaled and went round them as your supposed to. At the next junction which is read I can hear a loud spitting sound and can see large amounts of gob fly past my head just as I'm about to turn round one hits me on the side of the head.

I turn round to see some fat bald ape hanging out the passenger window of that same flatbed laughing his head off, in a moments madness I spat back and got him straight in the face. The bald ape and the driver promptly got out the lorry and a fight started that wasn't stopped until the police arrived . What baffled me was that nobody else in any of the other cars did anything aside from honk their horns while this was all happening.
            Last edited by V-MAN; 22 March 2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

im not a paitent driver but i am not a dangerous driver either, i have tailgated a few times as habit but i do try to be considerate but the driving etiquet and highway code has this real strange thing of not even sinking into most peoples brains, so i do return the favour to hot head driver to which there are a lot of them where i live........just means more fun for me
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

*waves* Southern Californian, here! I'm in the land that's infamous for its road rage and crazy drivers. I've got a million stories. I've adopted Southern California driving habits myself - high speeds in heavy traffic, tailgating, etc - but some people even freak me out.

The worst one was going to class one morning. I was in the far right hand lane on the freeway so I could take the next exit to get to campus. The car to my left starts moving over, pushing me towards the concrete barriers on my right. I honk my horn, figuring the driver didn't look or something (it happens, I can take it in stride)... but when I look over, the driver is looking right through the passenger side window, STARING ME DOWN, and continuing to move over! Never mind that he's in a huge, jacked-up truck and I'm in a little sedan. I finally get far enough ahead of him that he gets behind me. If I hadn't, he definitely would have run me into the wall. But luckily for me (since I'm admittedly a vengeful little thing) he was also a student at the same university. I drove 5 mph the whole rest of the way, and he was stuck behind me.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                  That sucks! I would have blown him a kiss and drove off

I was on the freeway once, after driving all the way down from New South Wales I just wanted to get home. So I'm on the northern ring road doing 100 (speed limit) and I was in the right hand lane because my turn off wasn't for ages. People behind me start beeping. I check all the oil lights and stuff, nothing wrong so I keep going. They beep me again so I look at my speedo and it's just over 100, they then pull into the left lane, open their window and start yelling at me to go faster! I have a 4 cylinder car so it shakes up at 110 so there was no way I was going to speed up for them
                  I have the same story. Driving to school one day in Southern Californiaa traffic in LA and I am doing 90mph in the fast lane talking on my 'hands free' cell phone to my mom and this moron is tailgating me bad. I tell my mom and she says to speed up. I tell her I amalready doing 90 (speed limit is 65) she says to move over. I said I can't because they everyone is doing 90 in all lanes. How fast do you need to go.
                  The only problem with our gun laws is the bad guys are the ones that have them and not the good guys. It is against the law to carry a gun and amunition in a car. You can have the gun in the front and munition in the trunk or vie versa or they can both be in the car but in a locked gun case in the back seat. So, only the bad guys have guns. Hell the people on the street were I live have better guns then the police department. I can go outside to the park and get a mac10 and not even have to wait 10 days, much less the gun being illegal.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                  X