X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 'HMS THUNDERCHILD' Thread

Go:

This doesn't seem very Stargate-related, and in fact seems an awful lot like shameless advertising. Not cool, man, just not cool.

SECOND THOUGHT: Okay, makes more sense now. I find it ironic that you hosted the site on "tripod," and that you want a battlecruiser named after the most utter defeat in all of naval history, fictional or not.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha. How deliciously ironic!

An HMS Thunderchild website hosted by Tripod!

That's awesome.

Anyway, HMS Thunderchild was the name of an Ironclad Torpedo ram that destroyed a Martian Tripod allowing a steamership filled with refugees to escape Tillingham Bay.

Comment

Wait... what?

Comment

.......................... in the War of the Worlds....................................

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            .......................... in the War of the Worlds....................................
            Um... ok. (I've never seen it).

Comment

If thats so... then its a perfect target for the Ori helmsmen. Yet another BC-304 for them to destroy.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I'd love a Britt ship...but keep it alive.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                  Read it.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                    I find it ironic that you hosted the site on "tripod," and that you want a battlecruiser named after the most utter defeat in all of naval history, fictional or not.
                    One ironclade defeated two tripods and saved hundreds of people - fictional or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                      One ironclade defeated two tripods and saved hundreds of people - fictional or not.
                      Aside from the Tripod taken out by the artillery regiment, the only victory of the war.

Originally posted by Jumper One
                      Originally posted by Mr Prohpet
                      Read it.
                      Because you won't see it in any of the film renditions.

Unless I get my way and eventually make my own, as true to the novel as possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                        Aside from the Tripod taken out by the artillery regiment, the only victory of the war.
                        Which was a great success considering how out classed we were.

Hmmmm the Ori?

>Grabs a gun and shoots wildly into the air<

Comment

Which was a great success considering how out classed we were.
                          Kinda like when Jack blew up Apophis' Ha'tak with just two grenades. Ditto Klorel's with the C-4.

Well anyway, I think Thunderchild would be a really fitting name for a UK/EU BC-304.

Comment

I love the book War of the Worlds, and the scenes where Thunderchild sails to the rescue of the civilian ships is just one of the best bits in the book.

I expect that one day we'll get a more faithful rendition of the story. However, I thought the recent movie was true to the spirit of the book if not the storyline.

Thunderchild - a cool name for a ship
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but when it died, so did man's last hope for defeating the Martians. I really don't think that taking out two Ori ships is worth not ever taking out any more after that, nor do I think the Ori will be killified by bacteria.

Also, the second Martian was taken down by the flaming wreck that was moving at high speeds - the Ori have shields that would prevent the debris from destroying their ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X