Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eww...

The third eye above one of the mutated guy's left ear
    made my stomach turn. This episode was creepy.

But the battle sequence was spectacular.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, and not just cause it has a couple of nice S/J moments. I liked the mutant guys, they were pretty cool and I felt sorry for them believing that Nirrti was going to help them. The two guys bursting into water was pretty graphic though, I could barely watch It was a good, albeit quick ending for Nirrti too.
      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
      S/J all the way!
      Big Honkin' Resolution!
      sigpic
      John/Teyla Shipper!
      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

did anyone else notice that when jonas and carter were coming off the elevator and talking about the nurse jonas wants to ask out carter calls him a chicken sh*t and it wasn't bleeped out

Jake

Comment

LOL I must have missed that! I'll watch it again.

I really liked this ep, cool mutant powers. Dont mess with Wodan! and we even learned Jonas is a little bit special in the gene department.

I liked the part near the end where Jack is trying to telepathically convince Eggar to read Nirrti's mind. No speaking, just Jack's facial expressions say it all!

Comment

i know lucky i recored it and i had to play it back a bunch of times just to make sure i heard it right also turned on the close caption and that confirmed it cause it bleeped out sh_ _ on it so i was like wow

jake

Comment

We may have learned that Jonas's genes are special but nothing ever came of it Even when Anubis captured him (in homecoming 7:02) he said 'His physiology merits further experimentation. He may still prove to be very useful' but still nothing! I want to know whats so special about Jonas Quinn!

Comment

Maybe something in their mind that allows them greater memory retention/faster learning than a normal person.

Comment

I'd like to know that too. We know he is more advanced than the average human, but still a long way off a true Hoktar. A bit of a missing link really. So maybe he's simply not advanced enough to be of any long term storyline significance other than fast learning ability, with the notable exception of:
                  Spoiler:
                  The upcoming episode where he predicts the future

Comment

Spoiler:
                    there is that, but we don't really know if the ability to predict the future is because of his more advanced genes or something that Nirrti did to him. I don't think it was a natural ability - it was a brain tumor that would have killed him if he had left it any longer! Still its a good Jonas episode that shows how determined he is to be a useful member of SG-1!

Comment

i'd say that is actually the best jonas ep of the season too.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

ewww. those poor mutated people. it's an interesting episode. just a bit disappointed that it was not explained what made jonas unique. how different is his dna from the tau'ri? is it just him or all kelownans? i know he absorbs information quite fast according to earlier eps. other than that what else is he capable of doing?

i don't get why nirrti was being nice to jonas. what's the point? if she succeeds in turning jonas to become the perfect host, jonas will become her host right? what's with the temptation scene?

it's nice to see that jack tried talking his way out of his trouble this time. he kind of reminded me of daniel when he was convincing the 2 psi mutants of the true nature of nirrti.

too bad the russian team leader had to die. i liked him. a good soldier.

someone mentioned the ter. they knew they were going to confront nirrti who likes using her invisibility device. why not bring a ter?
                        Last edited by L E E; 25 July 2008, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Nirrti was my favorite Goa'uld EVER! I just loved the way Jacqueline Samuda played her!

This is one of my favorite episodes, and definetely my favorite from Season 6. Loved the acting, great makeup (Egar and Woden really freaked me out!) and loved the subtle shippy moments between Jack and Sam (points to username!)

Also loved seeing Nirrti in Continuum, wish she would have been in it more!

* * * * * Five out of Five stars from me! ~Jess
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

this was a cool episode, they would kill the russian though wouldn't they haha

Comment

Anyone notice Wodan looks a bit like Sergeant Harriman?
                              sigpic
                              Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
                                I very much liked this episode, but why oh why did they have to kill Nirti!?! She had the whole "Genetically Engineering Hosts" story arc and I was really disapointed they killed her so easily
                                yes it would have been nice to keep her around a little while longer but all good things must come to an end.
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X