Metamorphosis (616)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Your profile pic perfectly matches your comment.
    Cannot be unseen...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Few... psychelic and kinda hard --> 12:02

Comment

It is quite a difficult because of the random colors. 10 minutes 1 seconds
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

11:37

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Your profile pic perfectly matches your comment.

13:34

Comment

Good episode. Interesting plot but it would be also interesting to know more about Jonas.
              Poor deformed guys. And of cours always when SG1 find some new technology, it has to be destroyed,lost or whatever.
              Shipper in me was happy

Comment

I liked the leader of the Russian team. It was the first Russian soldier with whom O'Neill worked without bigger disputes (after their initial friction) and I was sorry that he died in the episode.

I noticed one mistake in continuity, when Sam and Jack took Evanov into the cell, he was in the same cell with both of them. But after leaving of Sam, he was suddenly for the rest of the episode in the cell separated from theirs. Or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                  I liked the leader of the Russian team. It was the first Russian soldier with whom O'Neill worked without bigger disputes (after their initial friction) and I was sorry that he died in the episode.

I noticed one mistake in continuity, when Sam and Jack took Evanov into the cell, he was in the same cell with both of them. But after leaving of Sam, he was suddenly for the rest of the episode in the cell separated from theirs. Or am I wrong?
                  Yes you are right. I checked it again and at the beginning they were together and then not.
                  I gree with you,poor Evanov.

Comment

Russian men have bad luck in all cases - I do not remember even one (who would have a significant role in an episode) who would survive during the whole TV series - even Chekov, yes, he was there for four years, but he probably died as well at the end. From these poor Russians, I like Evanov from this episode the most together with colonel Vaselov from Lockdown.

Comment

Anyone not in SG-1 would be considered a red shirt in the long run... the further distanced from the main team, the high your risk of you dying.

Russians never stood a change.

Comment

The show was supported by the US Army, so it would have been a bit odd if suddenly there would be glorius Russian heroes. I know it is not fair and Stargate has just gently touched any real political events. But anyway later almost everyone counts as a red shirt candidates next to the SG-1.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I feel like that, when there is some new side character, that has some line, it will probably die. )

Comment

Yes, I agree. But with Russian males it seems to be extreme - there is not even one who would survive in the whole TV series. Different characters are redshirts as well, but we can not say that all members of different SG teams or Tok'ras died in the show.

And I do not say that Russians should be heroic - they are not main heroes of the TV series so I am fine with this. But it does not mean that all of them had to die. When I am thinking about it, the colonel Vaselov from Lockdown seemed to be pretty heroic to me.

Comment

You are right, Chekov and Vaselov were definately heroes. Even the colonel in "the Tomb" has also sacrified himself to defeat Marduk. The Russian scientist lady has also survived "the Watergate" adventure. Not to mention our favorite McKay who was sent to Siberia.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                                but we can not say that all members of different SG teams
                                Yeah, but the ones who survived were usually in a background role. If they were brought in another team to guard the gate or to show activity within SGC (coming/going through the Stargate, making a report that Sg-1 can follow up on, etc.) they were usually fine. If, however, they teamed up with Sg-1 in any significant way, they dropped like flies because they existed to create a sense of danger while simultaneously elevating Sg-1's greatness by contrasting how they got themselves killed with Sg-1 competently weaving their way through the episode's problem(s).

Of those who were brought in for a team up, the few that made it to the end of an episode were, for the most part, very early on in Sg-1 when they were more concerned with setting up recurring characters (e.g. Conner from "The First Commandment," but he ended up dying later on), joke characters (see: "The Other Guys"), or they were Atlantis teams. For example, I was legitimately surprised that they let two members of the all female team from Atlantis' "Whispers" make it to the end of the episode. That was very un-Sg-1 of them.
                                Last edited by Xaeden; 15 March 2024, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X