Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Default Re: Metamorphosis (616)

One of the best episodes of the season. I am glad Nirrti is finally dead.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    One of the best episodes of the season. I am glad Nirrti is finally dead.
    it sucks that it took her this long to finally die

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

no kidding

One of my fave episodes. Though Nerrti is both cool and quite annoying.

Spoiler:

Ohh wow when Sam said "Over my dead body." that was a great line. And at the end when Sam was dying and Jack just ran in and grabbed her in his arms! WOW i LOVED that part. Another one of my fave Sam/Jack moments.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Yeah, loved the Sam/Jack interaction. After Sam had been in the machine and was back in the cell, she rested her head against Jack's shoulder. Awww!

Those poor people were uncommonly ugly, though. But I'm glad that for once it wasn't SG-1, but rather Nirrti's former slaves, who killed her.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant LeftHandedGuitarist's Avatar

Strange episode, and somewhat enjoyable but also kind of infuriating, and the mutated villagers are quite annoying in their inability to listen to reason. The conclusion of the episode is also a bit overly simplistic - just look into Nirrti's mind! Could have saved a lot of trouble if he'd done that earlier.

This show does like to kill off Russians, doesn't it?

I would never have guessed that Dion Johnstone was under all that makeup as Wodan. Another strange point - for some reason in this episode I found Nirrti very attractive! Not so much in her previous episodes.

Had to double-check the opening sequence, although the alarm sound partially obscures the word, Carter definitely says "chicken ****", and the DVD subtitles keep it in too. Surprising!

RATING: 6.5 out of 10
    Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; January 1st, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Pretty sure I would up catching this ep on squinty vision - complete with...was it the Care Bears or the Men in Black II song as an alternate theme tune.

1. Interesting to see than Jack and Ivanov seemed to get on relatively well.

2. Woden and crew were certainly ugly.

3. Her head falls on his shoulder...and the shippers went beserk!

4. Nice one Jonas!

5. Scratch Nirrti, wasn't expecting her to bite the dust but...

Good ep.

Glad Nirrti is gone, but not a favourite episode of mine - it dragged out too long, and I found some of the scenes Jonas was in weren't preformed very well by the actor. Although the scenes between him and Nirrti were amusing.

DVDs Re: Metamorphosis (616)

Thought it was an average boring episode.

So Nirrti is now dead, killed by her own followers.

Tomorrow, a clip show, and a few more countries will know about the Stargate program.

Nirti finally got what she deserved..........killed by one of her experiments!!!

At least they followed up on that storyline that the Russians had their own SG team and we actually got to see them!

Jonas being seduced by Nirti, ugh, made me shudder! Poor guy, having that distorted snakehead voice in your ear! Not really that romantic is it?!!!!

The horrible disintegrating of bodies into water was well done for the TV budget. Clearly inspired by the fate that befell that senator in the X-Men II movie when he was genetically altered into a mutant. I remember that effect in the Kevn Bacon movie 'Hollow Man' as well.

My LiveJournal post

I read through this thread, and what's with the Nirrti love fest??
    (Glad it's ended with this page though!)
    I think she's an awful person, considering the things she does...

I also saw that some people were grossed out by the liquification of the first guy from the planet and the Russian. Hey, you should see some of the gory cr*p my sister watches!!
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

Jack's anti-Russian tendencies seem highly hypocritical but at the same time I'm not surprised given his time on Black Ops. I like seeing the Russian team. I wish it was something that was explored. Redemption established that their would be a Russian team at the SGC but we rarely see said Russian team. I like this episode to show the Russian team interaction. This episode is also one that grosses me out at the genetic muntants are really gross looking in good way. This episode has a love hate for me. I love the exploring and establishing of Jonas being more genetically advanced because of living of Kelowana but I hate and am sad it was never explored because he was dropped in favor of bringing back Daniel. It also seems a cop out to destroy the machine when some good stories could have come from. But it was interesting to see how Nirriti died. I wasn't expecting a neck snap. Quite different in how the System Lords are killed
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    But it was interesting to see how Nirriti died. I wasn't expecting a neck snap. Quite different in how the System Lords are killed
    I think they're often pretty creative when killing System Lords or other important Goa'uld.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Just an okay ep. Nothing special.

Nirrti's death was cool at least.

I have a question about the opening credits of this episode. I noticed it the first time through years ago when I watched the eps straight through, and now I noticed again...starting on this episode in the opening credits the scene for RDA's clips have him shooting a gun from 'Paradise Lost' rather then zooming on the Sarcophagus when he was being resurrected after one of the many times that Ba'al tortured him to death episodes earlier. I know its a minor 2 second difference...but any idea why they changed it mid-season for that small little sequence? Do you think that RDA didn't like that shot of himself and wanted something that showed more action? I just thought it was intriguing. I like details.

Loved Jonas in this episode!
    "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Silversi View Post
    I have a question about the opening credits of this episode. I noticed it the first time through years ago when I watched the eps straight through, and now I noticed again...starting on this episode in the opening credits the scene for RDA's clips have him shooting a gun from 'Paradise Lost' rather then zooming on the Sarcophagus when he was being resurrected after one of the many times that Ba'al tortured him to death episodes earlier. I know its a minor 2 second difference...but any idea why they changed it mid-season for that small little sequence?
    According to one of the commentaries, RDA didn't like the shot, so it was changed out.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    The horrible disintegrating of bodies into water was well done for the TV budget. Clearly inspired by the fate that befell that senator in the X-Men II movie when he was genetically altered into a mutant. I remember that effect in the Kevn Bacon movie 'Hollow Man' as well.
    Unlikely, since "Metamorphosis" was aired about the same time as X-Men II.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    According to one of the commentaries, RDA didn't like the shot, so it was changed out.

Seaboe
    Really? That was a full on guess on my part, without even watching the commentaries yet! LoL, I feel kind of proud of myself. Ha, I'm weird that way.
    "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Probie

Default season 6 ep metamorphosis-just noticed

I was re-watching the episode metamorphosis when i noticed in the beginning walter says "yes,sir" to carter. just wondering if that was a slip up or done on purpose hehe.

Major General

Nope.. Common mil parlance is to refer to ANYONE of officer rank as sir. Some women do prefer it from my navy days..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast