Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Power

Second Lieutenant RuleBritannia's Avatar
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Exclamation Absolute Power

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries epecially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possesion.

"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    Last edited by RuleBritannia; March 19th, 2006 at 12:08 PM.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Absolute Power

an enemy's promises were ment to be broken

an enemy's promises were meant to be broken
    Ah but birds of a feather!

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries especially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possession.
    No they wouldn’t, but the Us wouldn't tell them...and even if they found out what could they do take it by force? There’s no law that you cannot use alien technology is it? I doubt other countries would like to start a war!

But the other countries have the biggest trump card of all - the secret of the Stargate. I'm sure their are some coutries (Like the middle east) would have no problem starting a war.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia
    But the other countries have the biggest trump card of all - the secret of the Stargate. I'm sure their are some coutries (Like the middle east) would have no problem starting a war.
    and we got zats staff weapons and bc cruisers and a fleet of F 302's so who do you think has the advantage in that upcoming war

As the Ancients learn't:

Numbers are more powerful than technology

As the Ancients learn't:

Numbers are more powerful than technology
    Yes that is very true

Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries epecially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possesion.

But we are already an absolute power.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Then be warned

Be warned by who.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    and we got zats staff weapons and bc cruisers and a fleet of F 302's so who do you think has the advantage in that upcoming war
    Exactly. And up 'til just recently, the US was the ONLY country to have that kind of technology because of selfishness. Even with an impending war with the Ori (which we LOST horribly because they wouldn't let other countries construct BC cruisers).

And if they were to use such weapons to "defend" themselves against the other countries, the world would turn on them. The entire world would strike the US down (Wraith vs. Ancients) because absolute power DOES corrupt and it IS corruption when you use such weapons against your own comrades.

Chief Master Sergeant RiderMayBail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII
    Exactly. And up 'til just recently, the US was the ONLY country to have that kind of technology because of selfishness. Even with an impending war with the Ori (which we LOST horribly because they wouldn't let other countries construct BC cruisers).

And if they were to use such weapons to "defend" themselves against the other countries, the world would turn on them. The entire world would strike the US down (Wraith vs. Ancients) because absolute power DOES corrupt and it IS corruption when you use such weapons against your own comrades.
    Spoiler:
    We only lost a battle, not a war. And there is absolutely no basis to say that we would have won that battle if we had more BC cruisers. In fact, I think all evidence points to that it wouldn't have mattered. There were a number of other ships there including Asguard, none of which seemed to make any dent in the Ori shields. While the Ori weapons seemed to rapidly deplete the shields used by the ships in the attack.

Anyway, who's to say that China/Russia, or any other country for that matter, wouldn't do the exact same thing had they had control of the Stargate from the beginning.
    Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

lets be honest though lets just pretend for a minute that everything that has happend the past 10 years in stargate was real... really happening right this second in the world... the biggest reason why all the nations of the world wouldnt do anything about the united states having the stargate would be fear. because of recent events in SG-1 fanale its clear that the united states controls the only 2 battleships with alien technology and has the most ready supply of F-302's... the fear of that alone is what keeps the other countries in check... lets just pretend china, russia, EU teamed together to go to war agianst the united states having F-302's and 2 battleships with shield technology itself would be enough to win that war very quickly. that is in my opinion what keeps the other countries to themselves is the fact that we control all this technology... granted we are suppose to share most of not all we find but as far as we know the other nations of the world dont have F-302's or are building battleships yet FEAR keeps them inline.
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...glia/jaffa.jpg

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

The US already has "that much power" in terms of the real world. Makes sense that they still maintain "that much power" in a world that has Stargates and starships.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemp
    Ah but birds of a feather!
    and yet honesty is the best policy LOl i love lost city

The rest of the world still have cards that they can played. Why we may not be able to match them on military power, america would not last long with out oil. And america do not have nearly enough capacity to supply its own oil. And so if we do go to war we can just simpley cut of the oil suplies to america and the price so high, that it would make $70 a barrel cheap. And that the reason almighty america are not at war with iran right now.

Probie

Since the Americans control the gate I see no problem in finding all the crude oil in the galaxy if the rest of earth shuts down trade with the USA.

Right or wrong only the USA will do something while everyone else sits around to see what happens. Stargate is just like real life. Only the Americans will stand up and protect the world from an enemy who wants to:

a. rule the world
    b. destroy the world
    c. force their believe on others
    d. all of the above

With that said- the world needs to realize the Earth is our home. Not a division of nations, but where we all live. We need to stand together and not fight between ourselves. This is the main reason the Stargate program could never be revealed to all the people on earth.

uhmm FEAR..... thats what keep the world in LINE damn it read what i wrote
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...glia/jaffa.jpg

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

The US could never win a war against the rest of the world no matter how many BC they have because the rest of the world have nuke's and we wouldn't target your ship we would target your people and thus putting pressue on the goverment.

'People should not be afraid of their goverments, governments should be afraid of their people.'

Chief Master Sergeant joshuaselig's Avatar

Ah a "V for vendetta" I see, however the US both in RL and in SG-1 and SGA should learn that its allies will only be their allies if they are treated fairly and that trust is a two-way mechanism otherwise US could find itself isolated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast