Favorite season/series finales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan
    "All good things" Oh my gosh, what an awesome episode!!

I also really loved the whole last season of Enterprise... not really finales, more like a season long finale, I love all those cool episode arcs... but I did NOT like the finale.
    Enterprise's final season was outstanding. Great stories, great TOS tie-ins, love the arcs, secondary characters were seen more then in season three, and the show had a very strong sense of purpose in that season. But yes the finalie was horse manure.

Comment

TNG beyond a shadow of a doubt was THE BEST. (The Best of Both Worlds was the best episode on any ST series - ever - period).

DS9 was pitiful, but a merciful end to a long drawn out affair that broke alot of the traditional Star Trek rules. I suppose that Cisco is an angel in heaven now (how cheesy).

Voyager's end was predictable, but still entertaining.

Enterprise just didn't feel like Trek.

Comment

The last season of Enterprise was fantastic! It's such a pity they couldn't do another season...mind you, if all we had to look forward to was the sort of muck they put us through for the finale maybe it wasn't such a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepbr549
          DS9 was pitiful, but a merciful end to a long drawn out affair that broke alot of the traditional Star Trek rules. I suppose that Cisco is an angel in heaven now (how cheesy).
          I haven't seen all of TNG but does anyone know if they delved into religions or beliefs on Earth in the 24th Century? I remember one ep where Picard explained to data about how some people believed in a god but Picard believed the universe was much more infinite... or something to that effect but that's all i know of.

I've always wondered what 24th Century beliefs would be. In most sci-fi it's (generally) either "Science", "Religion" or "Science vs. Religion". I'd find it quite interesting to say the least... But yeah, to repeat myself was it ever mentioned?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
            The last season of Enterprise was fantastic! It's such a pity they couldn't do another season...mind you, if all we had to look forward to was the sort of muck they put us through for the finale maybe it wasn't such a bad thing.
            Coto didn't do the finale.....if he had been allowed to we would have gotten something fantastic.

How the hell do you allow two guys who haven't written a single episode on the brilliant season write the series finale? *shakes head and walks to the corner to contemplate the bizarreness of the world*
            Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 01 May 2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              Ctot didn't do the finale.....if he had been allowed to we would have gotten something fantastic.

How the hell do you allow two guys who haven't written a single episode on the brilliant season write the series finale? *shakes head and walks to the corner to contemplate the bizarreness of the world*
              Tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                I haven't seen all of TNG but does anyone know if they delved into religions or beliefs on Earth in the 24th Century? I remember one ep where Picard explained to data about how some people believed in a god but Picard believed the universe was much more infinite... or something to that effect but that's all i know of.

I've always wondered what 24th Century beliefs would be. In most sci-fi it's (generally) either "Science", "Religion" or "Science vs. Religion". I'd find it quite interesting to say the least... But yeah, to repeat myself was it ever mentioned?
                All I remember is they brought up the origin of life in "all good things" the last episode. Tho... on Babylon 5 did bring that up, and it wasn't either or, all I remember of the episode was the Captain was introducing Delen (an alien) to representatives of various Earth religions. I think Star Trek follows a we're-too-good-for-religion as far as Earth natives are concerned, which I don't really like, but I guess they have to stay away from it to some degree.

Comment

i would have to go for "All good things" as the best. And I agree with everyone who was disappointed with "These are the Voyages", a terrible end for a great season, though I loved that last scene.
                  I hope you like Guinness, I find it to be a good substitute for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Allan
                    i would have to go for "All good things" as the best. And I agree with everyone who was disappointed with "These are the Voyages", a terrible end for a great season, though I loved that last scene.
                    Who doesn't? That was so well put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Allan
                      One very small highlight in an otherwise pretty dismal ep. IMHO. To be honest though, at that stage I was too annoyed about the rest of the episodeto fully appreciate that little scene. And I haven't watched it since.

Comment

Working...
                      X