No announcement yet.

Path of Revelation, Part One (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I liked it...but it was a reallyt long script and it pains me to agree with Ryu, but not all that much happened. I enjoyed it, but not as much as usual.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Well I liked it...but it was a reallyt long script and it pains me to agree with Ryu, but not all that much happened. I enjoyed it, but not as much as usual.
      This is actually one of the shorter episodes with something around 77 pages, I believe. The previously on is what made it 83 pages long.

Well, I think the episode works better the way it is now, compared to the first draft. That was kind of the opposite - there was way too much going on, and a lot couldn't be properly addressed. I talk about that some more on the podcast. Yes, podcast. That's right. Doesn't anyone read my blog? Podcasts will be released weekly again.

If you don't think much happened in this episode, just wait until the next episode, which, dare I say it... could end with yet another tragic loss (watch out for the trailer coming up soon). You'll have to check out the episode to see what I mean. I'm not trying to imply anything.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and what happened. The finding of the chamber, the Bellepheron and the thing with Williams, it's all good.
        sigpic

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and what happened. The finding of the chamber, the Bellepheron and the thing with Williams, it's all good.
          Yeah, it's true. This episode is in many ways set-up for part two (or part three, if you will). We introduce the second chamber, which will play a huge role in the conclusion. And you have to wonder what "the path of revelation" is all about. All references to that in this episode were added after the first draft of the next episode was completed, by the way. More about that on the podcast, which will be released along with the one for "Path of Revelation, Part Two" on Thursday.

I've been thinking that it might have been a good idea to release this and the next episode together, as a two hour premiere. Could have thought about that earlier. But it's all good. Perhaps we'll do that next season.

I think breaking the story into a two part conclusion of course slowed down the pace a little in part one, but like I said... you will definitely be surprised by where all of this is going. I don't think anyone will see coming what's just around the corner. I'm definitely happy with the fact that we've brought the General Williams story line to a conclusion (this has been waiting to be resolved ever since "Judgment Day"). I think we've gone as far as we've could with his character without doing things that have been done before. More about that on the podcast as well. I have a feeling no one's really believing it just yet, but we'll be having podcasts again.

I'm glad everyone's liked the episode so far.

Comment

Hey! It shouldn't have to pain you to agree with me, because quite frankly, this was a transition episode. Even Alex says it's a transition episode. Doesn't make it a bad episode, just not a super one like Part III is going to be.

Comment

The Teaser seemed to be absolutely huge in length.

Like the one before it this is an Earth-based episode. It's nice to see what's going on back home in a series like this, it certainly adds another dimension and lets us actually see things that have ony been vaguely referenced to in the background.

The fleet of Ancient warships is an intereting route to take, I'm not sured if it seems quite right though, something about it seems very unlike Ancient behaviour in some ways, but fits too (they left the chair weapon for example). Though I really am finding myself hoping that if/when the Enholy attack there is not some convienient Ancient/Nebulan chair type weapon that blasts them out of the sky.

There seemed to be a vague hint that The Nebulans could be the Furlings, in that it's strongly implied that they are very connected to the Alliance of Four.

It seems odd that the Enoly don't just blow up the Earth fleet quickly, and get stuck in. Allies are days away, a quick, fast assault would seem to make more sense.

Another point that struck me is that when Kevin is taken to Washington for questioning we see him taken by Asgard transport. Since all of Earth's ships presumably are at full alert with their sheilds up how was he transported? Has this device become planet based? How/where?

The Nebulans continue to mysterious and incredibley vague, and now it seems that Tom has a connection to them, is this linked to his little time travelling adventure?

Williams' death unfortunately lacked impact, because it was a bit too obvious that there was going to be a bomb, and also because if he wasn't killed then he probably would have to reveal lots of information about this group he has been working for.

A rather so-so episode that was pretty much only set up for the future. The Chase and Sivea kidnap storyline feels a but like filler in this one, since all that happens is they get moved around a bit.

Expecting some serious pay-off from all this mystery and vagueness in part-two (well, technically part three I guess).
              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

Gen. Williams we hardly knew you.I knew from the very beginning that Williams was going to be betrayed. It was so obvious that a Trust like organization would kill a liable operative This wasn't a great episode nor was a bad episode. That being said, experence has taught me that part 1 (actually part 2) has to be slow moving to build up to make part 2(or 3) more interesting I felt that Chase and Sivea were underused in this episode. There was too much of Grant conversibg with other people. I think there could have been more of Chase and Sieva being interograted. Now that I'm done with the negatives, lets get with the positive aspects of the episode. I think this is the first time I have ever seen a female captain on one of the Earth space ships. I apologize, I do have one more compliant, hasn't the Prometheus already been destroyed. The Ancient chamber was interesting, seeing Christine and Moore from Awakening trying to decipher Ancient writings was spectaculat. I am intrigued to see what the connection between the Nebuan and the Ancients. You gotta love the tension between Hayes and Connelly. Very remniscent of Kinsey. Finally I love the fact that Chase and Sieva are once again prisioners of Drueg and we get to see that Yusuf is back too almost full health Since I cant's vote in the poll, I give this episode a 3.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The prometheus in this episode was a Daedelus class ship. Probably a clever way by Alex Rubit of explaining that there was a Prometheus in the Pilot of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    The prometheus in this episode was a Daedelus class ship. Probably a clever way by Alex Rubit of explaining that there was a Prometheus in the Pilot of the series.
                    Lolz it was the very reason. Bit of retcon never hurt anyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      The prometheus in this episode was a Daedelus class ship.?* Probably a clever way by Alex Rubit of explaining that there was a Prometheus in the Pilot of the series.
                      I'll take your word because I don't remember reading that in script
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I'll take your word because I don't remember reading that in script
                        There was a mention of the Prometheus at the end of the pilot.

This new Prometheus is just a newer ship of the same name. Not unlike how on Star Trek for example there's been several different ships that were called Enterprise.

Comment

Quite sure it was something we talked about at the time. Was just after Ethon and you wrote it in as a retcon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X