No announcement yet.

Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this episode for a lot of reasons, but watching it again today I am confused by the opening scene. The episode guide says that Mayborne visits Jack in his backyard, but I am unsure if it is his backyard in Colorado, or Minnesota. See, I've been trying to figure out the layout of Jack's house for quite some time and this episode make his house look really small, and blows some of the ideas I have of how his house is laid out right out of the water. Anybody got any clues as to the layout of Jack's house, if this was really his house or his cabin in this ep, or if TPTB are trying to make me crazy or what?

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus
      I love this episode for a lot of reasons, but watching it again today I am confused by the opening scene. The episode guide says that Mayborne visits Jack in his backyard, but I am unsure if it is his backyard in Colorado, or Minnesota. See, I've been trying to figure out the layout of Jack's house for quite some time and this episode make his house look really small, and blows some of the ideas I have of how his house is laid out right out of the water. Anybody got any clues as to the layout of Jack's house, if this was really his house or his cabin in this ep, or if TPTB are trying to make me crazy or what?

ladyjanus
      It's his house (and a very nice one at that) in Colorado. In a number of different episodes Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Hammond just show up there for various reasons, but always for a "drop-in, just-in-the-neighborhood" type of visit (as opposed to a more long-term visit....).

Some fan (or website) somewhere must have the floorplans to it (I'm amazed at the resourcefulness of some SG-1 fans), but I'm afraid I don't know where to find them----sorry. (Jack's house does look a lot bigger once you get inside though.)

As for TPTB, my personal opinion is that one way or another they're always trying to make us a little crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
        As for TPTB, my personal opinion is that one way or another they're always trying to make us a little crazy!

How come we weren't told???

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
          How come we weren't told???
          Shhh.....it's a conspiracy!

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
            Shhh.....it's a conspiracy!

It is *gasps* damn it

Comment

Ack, you actually used the "C" word in here????? Are you nuts? Crazy? Losing it? Bonzo? Three fries short of a happy meal?

Hmmm, I think I have been here a tad too long and have spent way to much time on the SHEX thread....btw, to be OT, I believe the house used as Jack's is a REAL house.....lucky owners.

(quietly closes the thread door and leaves for the night.....)
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Not a lot of Jonas on this episode but I do like Maybourne and it was nice to see him again. Kind of interesting how Jack figured out that the plant led everyone to kill each other. I liked how Sam refused to give up and chewed out the other scientists for wanting to quit. And I liked how the team pulled together to support each other.

Comment

Great seeing Maybourne and Jack together agian!!!! shame it was on another planet but who cares those two are great together

Comment

You get the feeling that there should be more episodes with jack and maybourne in, they seem to hit it off extremely well.
                    It was cool slowly watching maybourne going nuts and a bit 'lord of the flies' in the way they went native. Good to see that sam never gave up, I suppose they have so many episodes where they beat the odds to come back, they don't even think each other can die!

Comment

This was one of those eps in season 6 that was actually worth watching. It brought all the tension between Maybourne and Jack and really hit it off going all Nativesque. It was great to see a furling device though.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Well directed episode. No Bill Gereghty this season--I wonder if that's b/c RDA is off? BG mentioned in one commentary that he knew RDA since the MacGyver days.

Comment

Ya this is just a really cool episode. Liked seeing Jack barefoot (one of my favorite things to do!). And Sam, it was great seeing her mad, throwing around orders. Wanna see more of that!
                          And when Maybourne went "fishing"
                          I believe Jack says: "That is just wrong on so many levels!"
                          "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Can anyone tell me what exactly is jack working out in the book he found.It's never made sense to me.

Comment

Come on don't let me kill the thread I love this ep, just want to know how making notes with the charcol helped Jack figure out what went on

Comment

I don't think Jack's notes did help him. He went crazy before he had finished his work. The notes just made him notice the Goa'uld skeleton, so he realized something fishy was going on. Then, from personal experience, he saw that the plants made him and Maybourne paranoid and dangerous.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X