Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    It's definitely the best Maybourne episode IMO. I wouldn't mind retiring there alone, kind of peaceful.. nice view of the planet/moon whatever.
    You can go visit if you're prepared to paddle there in a canoe! The area is definitely my favourite place in the outskirts of Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      You can go visit if you're prepared to paddle there in a canoe! The area is definitely my favourite place in the outskirts of Vancouver.
      I admit I kind of forgot it was actually a real place, if I'm ever in the area I'll check it out

Comment

Shooting error :
        The same natural park was used in the 4x09 Scorched Earth too.

http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x15/04.jpg
        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x15/05.jpg
        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x15/06.jpg
        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x15/07.jpg
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

First time I've seen Paradise Lost, and was impressed with Oneill and Maybourne together. They're always great, and although the reasons for Maybourne escaping seemed confusing, he and Oneill worked well together. I'm sure this ep was a play of their Ids going at each other. Also, great use of scenery and RDA's acting. The rest of the cast had good moments. Sam's rant and mourning very effective.
          Good to see a lot done with so little.
          Years after this was written, but wouldn't it have been fun if Maybourne became a To'kra, rallied them in taking on the Go'uld and whipping them using cunning and weapons Maybourne pulled together. He would have been a perfect schemer to get the To'kra into an active resistance.
          Alas, the story arc that never was.

Comment

I would not call this an error, since they only had so many places they could shoot scenes in various episodes, so they would have to reuse locations over a period of 10 years and 2 movies.

Comment

I'm the one Fair on the episode page of Paradise Lost, but I see that I didn't think much of it during a previous watch either so at least I'm consistent.

It's 35 minutes of O'Neill and Maybourne of hanging out together, getting high and paranoid, and Jack finally gets to shoot Harry -- twice.

Beyond that, it's the second time we hear of the Furlings, which Jack might think are cute and fuzzy but are probably nothing like that. However, we'll never know as they are never actually touched upon again, except for that ridiculous 200 mention.

It's a forgettable episode really but ah well...

The only thing I did actually like was the shift in color-scheme when O'Neill starts loosing his mind after eating the salad-like plant. That was a pretty neat trick to do. It goes from vibrant day-like colors to a sort of greyish color-scheme. Pretty neat.

How would you rate SG-1's "Paradise Lost?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

********EDIT********

3-episode quiz: Sight Unseen, Smoke & Mirrors & Paradise Lost

Jigsaw puzzle: Paradise Lost
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 18 November 2018, 09:23 AM.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

14:03
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

But at least, you're still consistent.

Don't worry, though, I'm sticking to this weekly schedule again so you'll be back in top jigsaw form in no time.

Comment

I like this episode because Jack figures it out on his own, without Carter or Daniel telling him where to look. It's a quiet, mostly stand alone episode (I realize I'm in the minority in preferring those).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      I like this episode because Jack figures it out on his own, without Carter or Daniel telling him where to look. It's a quiet, mostly stand alone episode (I realize I'm in the minority in preferring those).

Seaboe
                      Ah! You're not alone, same here!

I enjoyed this episode because it does prove what Carter said, Jack is much smarter than he likes others to believe. Maybourne and Jack is an awesome duo also.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        It's a good stand-alone episode -- that I can most certainly agree with. It just can't keep my attention for 42 minutes.

Comment

I'm with FH on this one. This episode bores me. I don't really care for Maybourne and Jack on the alien planet. It's dull and I feel like nothing significant happens. The Goa:uld and plant seems like it was added as an afterthought with not much planning. SG1 trying to find Jack has been done. I'm giving it a poor. The Furlings save it from a terrible.

I only got an 7/15 on the quiz since their was over a month break between episodes. I'll have to wait for my Internet to be fixed before I can do the puzzle.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

12:23

Comment

7 minutes 7 seconds. I can do better
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

7:27

Same amount of 7's as Jelgate, but 20 seconds slower.

Comment

Working...
                                X