Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Ahh.. I'd forgotten about the writing. Whoops... There goes that bright idea.
    Not necessarily. It means that it was written by a race/group who wrote Furling--doesn't mean that they were the Furlings!

Comment

Tried to watch this ep while treadmilling. I slowed down to walk for a few minutes about fifteen minutes in and was so enraptured by the ep that I forgot to speed back up. I walked for a half an hour!

I loved the cinematography for this one--the way that the colors washed to grayscale when Jack was going nuts, the eyeshot, not to mention that we got to see him storming around looking very alert a lot of the time--I love those shots! Harry/Jack episodes are always good; the two characters bounce off each other so well that it's like watching a squash tournement. The h/c scene with Teal'c and Sam was really powerful, and the way that it was sort of mirrored the Teal'c/Jack scene in 'Grace' was cool.

Can't wait to see where the Tok'ra dumped Harry (I suppose we'll see that in 'Good to be King'). Considering that the Tok'ra blew Netu to tiny bits in S3, I don't think they'd drop him there...maybe Chulak? It'd be good to see more of the Furlings (who still look like Furbies to me, which is disturbing in more ways in one--the Ancients, the Asgaard, the Nox, and the Furbies! ). Just because a load of them went homicidal because of the 'arugula' doesn't mean that they all did. I still hold out hope for a metropolis of Furbies...

Comment

Really good story even though the end was a bit rushed. I was hoping to meet the Furlings!
        Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Hey guys!

Stupid question: what were those circular things that Jack found at the beginning, and then was writing on later?
          YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Jack and Harry together for a whole ep. Whats not to like about it. I hope we get to meet the furlings too but i have the feeling that the writers are just going to hang out there forever teasing us with them but not ever showing us them.

Comment

There's definitely not a lot wrong about Season 6... this is no exception...

Everyone has mentioned the great chemistry between Jack and Maybourne which is not surprising... the way they play off one another is classic really. It's been wonderful seeing Maybourne's character develop from someone we couldn't wait to throttle to a lovable rogue...

This is probably an unshiplike thing to say but I really think that Jack has much better chemistry with men than with women... He interacts a lot better with male characters and I wonder if that's deliberate actorly stuff...

Ah... the highly mysterious Furlings... well, what else can we say apart form the fact that they remain mysterious and elusive. Well, it is some consolation to me that we got a glimpse of their language... I'm no linguist but it looked a lot like Sanskrit...

Despite the unserious bits, the episode was quite serious... lots of angry people, angry words and angsty looks. Shock, horror... Teal'c gets to be up close and personal with Carter too.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Highlight of the whole Ep...to Qutoe Harry,

"you got to shoot me twice"

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah
                  Hey guys!

Stupid question: what were those circular things that Jack found at the beginning, and then was writing on later?
                  I'm not quite sure myself.

Comment

Hey guys!

I was hoping that it was some sort of book or notebook. I believe that they had pictures on it when Jack was looking it at the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I was hoping that it was some sort of book or notebook. I believe that they had pictures on it when Jack was looking it at the first time.
                      I think you're right.

The sense I had was he was probably wishing Daniel were there to interpret whatever they specifically meant...but I gathered the general meaning was that he was aware there used to be a vibrant society there once...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

thanks guys!
                        YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

This is one of my favourites for so many reasons from the plot to the humour to the downright gorgeous locations & of course the acting. I'd always had a bit of a problem with Harry up until this ep but he grew on me here with his nervy paranoia and those little glimpses that he is actually pretty human after all and not just a smug suit.

Love the prickly dialogue & interaction between Harry and Jack, the fish scene as mentioned up the thread makes me grin every time I watch it as does the bit where Jack pulls out that cookie and takes a big 'mmm I'm enjoying this so much' type bite and you can almost see Harry's mouth watering ... of course I think Jack should have eaten the whole cookie himself but that's probably not the point.

Comment

Old Harry has always been a worthy character - firstly as the smug-git-everyone-loves-to-hate; then, as the ground shifted, a reluctantly accepted sidekick against a common foe. Though, if we're going to be honest here, most of this is just a helpful coincidence for the SGC as Harry's work is largely out of self-interest. Given that there's a price on his head (so to speak), that's pretty understandable.

The best thing about Harry (and I've mentioned this elsewhere), is the fact that, if you strip away the trappings of his smug-git-ness, there really is someone there. Most of the time, you deprive a smug-git-type of their superior status or position and they seem to shrink like the Wicked Witch of the West (I'm m-e-e-e-e-e-lting!!!!). Harry, on the other hand, has been hiding quite a sharp mind under that smug exterior, and he never once fails to exploit an opportunity - even one that (in this case) was based on duff gen.
                            sigpic

Comment

i thought this was good to see sam and jack react to oneanother with the way they feel like how the shots kept seperating to sam in the locker room jack sitting by himself

and the humor with maybourne and Jack that was good

and the evil side of sam

Comment

See this is where we miss Daniel. He probably would have tied it into some Earth society. Also would have given us more information on the Furlings.

Still a very good episode though.

Comment

Working...
                                X