• Show
Clear All

Different Nationalities in Atlantis

Hi everbody !

I'm new here,
    This is my First Post,
    I'm French ( ),
    and I have some questions.

1 / How many people are in the Atlantis Team, seen in "Rising" ?

2 / Do we know exactly (official source or others) how many Countries are engaged in this Mission ?
    I have done some researches, analysing the SGC scene in "Rising", and I have seen the following flags : USA, Canada, United Kingdom (maybe), France (maybe), Belgium, Scotland, Russia, Zimbabwe, Australia, Spain, Germany, Sweden (maybe), Japan, Philippines .

3 / Do we know the numbers of persons for each country ?
    For Example :
    - United States = XX Soldiers + XX Scientists + XX Archeologists + XX Ingeneers ...
    - Canada = XX Soldiers + XX Scientists + XX Archeologists + XX Ingeneers ...
    etc ...

4 / We have seen differents Atlantis uniforms ... what do they mean exactly ?
    - Blue on Light Uniform (Example : McKay)
    - Yellow on Light Uniforme (Example : Beckett)
    - Red on Dark Uniform (Example : Weir)

Voilà ! C'est tout pour le Moment !
    Thanks to those who will answer all my questions !
    Last edited by Harlan; 22 July 2004, 02:19 PM.

Well, since /me = german, I can't answer everything, but I'll do my best

1) Not sure - And I doubt it's so important as that number descends anyway by more and more of them getting eaten by the Wraith - already happens in "Rising".

At the end of the episode there are less people than at the beginning (not counting former residents of that galaxy )

2) Somehow 24 popps into my mind, that might probbably be very wrong

3) Not to my knownlege

4)
    Red = most likely command staff
    Yellow = most likely science / medical
    Blue = most likely tech. staff

It my the the other way round with some colors - we have to keep an eye on this.

Just much alike in Star-Trek

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
      1 / How many people are in the Atlantis Team, seen in "Rising" ?
      It is not very easy to count, but there are about 48 (+/- 4) people in the SGC room, when Dr. Weir held her speech. Maybe I will try to get a better count.

Comment

Ok thanks !

I've got a little idea ...

On scifi.com/stargate, the SG-1 Sci Fi Official Page,
        there's a list of SG Teams (see here), with the specialty for each team.

So do you think they're going to do the same thing on scifi.com/atlantis, the Official Sci Fi Page for SGA ?
        They could give the count of the personnal for each country for example ...

Comment

I thought I heard a figure around 50 somewhere, but I'm not sure. I don't know which countries are involved exactly, but someone pointed out that it's interesting that Dr. Beckett is wearing a Scottish national flag and not the UK flag.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
            I thought I heard a figure around 50 somewhere, but I'm not sure. I don't know which countries are involved exactly, but someone pointed out that it's interesting that Dr. Beckett is wearing a Scottish national flag and not the UK flag.
            Well, 50 would be consistent with my counting (within my counting error estimates). On this "group shot" in "Rising", sometimes there is just a part of the head visible, so you do not know exactly who it belongs. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
              It is not very easy to count, but there are about 48 (+/- 4) people in the SGC room, when Dr. Weir held her speech. Maybe I will try to get a better count.
              It should be 50 +/- 4. I forgot that there are two I have not counted: One behind and obscured by Dr. Weir, the other by this robot probe arm. ;-)

Comment

There were 11 nations on Antactica, not counting the US. Now UK,France,China,Russia,Canada already knew about the gate,some of them probably had a base there. At the most, if none of them had a base there, there would be 17 nations.

Comment

Are we allowed to post Atlantis Screencaps here ?
                  If we are, I'll show you my Caps, my researches, on the SGC scene ...

Comment

I've seen patches of 13 countries: Canada, Spain, UK, Russia, Australia, Scotland, USA, Germany, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Japan, Belgium, Sweden

There may be more. I guess, we will see the patches of France and China in upcoming episodes, cause these countries have known about the existence of the Stargate since "Disclosure".
                    sigpic
                    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

You saw Sweden? where?

And yes you're allowed to post screencaps.l

Comment

Originally posted by Andron
                        I've seen patches of 13 countries: Canada, Spain, UK, Russia, Australia, Scotland, USA, Germany, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Japan, Belgium, Sweden
                        Are you sure that you have seen UK (union jack) and Scotland (cross of St. Andrew) and not England (cross of St. George) and Scotland? Or did I miss the SG-1 episode when Scotland has been kicked out of UK?

Comment

Hey Harlan,

Unfortunately I have no answers, just one more question. What does the quote in you signiture mean?
                          Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                          Daniel: Niet.
                          Jack: Daniel!
                          Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                          -1969 (221)

Comment

I've seen the flag of Sweden in the scene after Sheppard and Ford go through the gate in the SGC, then you see some people standing next to the ramp of the gate.

Ya, it's definately the UK flag which Peter Grodin has on his uniform and the Scotland flag which Carson Beckett has on his uniform.
                            sigpic
                            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Are you sure that you have seen UK (union jack) and Scotland (cross of St. Andrew) and not England (cross of St. George) and Scotland? Or did I miss the SG-1 episode when Scotland has been kicked out of UK?
                              Dr Beckett wears the Scottish Flag (cross of St. Andrew)

while the english guy has the union jack which makes no sense since Beckett has the scottish flag, he should have the cross of St. George (the screens showing it don't look right but you can make it out when you watch it)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X