This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we ever going to See??

Ever since Earth first launched their space going Ships Prom/Daed/Orion etc, have we seen them destroy a ship with there weapons? Sure we've seen them take down Fighters and Bombers in the Lost City and Hive ships in Atlantis (But that was beaming Bombs on board). But have we or will we ever see a Earth ship take out another Big ship with its Guns and Missiles? Cause imo it would be worth more if they just used them as carriers, take out the Missile and gun batterys and replace them with more power generators to make the sheilds even better. Cause at end of the day they can only take down Fighters. Just sick of seeing our ships, flying in to save the day, firing everything they got and doing dam all damage.

Yea I agree with you, if this was the real world there would be some serious screaming going on by the military on how poorly this ships are equiped, and are really better suited to space transports then battle cruisers. The missles as a weapon are a joke unless they increase there ability big time, and the rail guns do nothing at all. It bugs me that there is not been any technology from Atlantis of any signifigance going to any of our ships. Lets atleast see some creative weapons or some real tactical thought when it comes to how to best use our ships. They are not all that powerful so they should travel in large numbers atleast three together at all times, and obviously we need to make more of them. The strategy in the last episode was just horrible, I would have fired everthing that you could have at the supergate soon as the gate opened. You would have to think that 10-15 ships just pounding the front of the first ship trying to come out the gate would have done something instead of just waiting for all four to line up and put the beat down to everyone.

Comment

Or missiles are not bad actually.
      However they suffer form a certainw eakness and writer induced coma.
      First they are rather on the slow side.
      And then they NEVER explode as designed, they just slamm into shields and pop.
      If they would for once detonate as designed prior to impact it would make them usefull in an instant. On the level of ha'tak main guns at least.

Comment

They should reverse engineer an ancient control chair and integrate one into the BC-304's. That would give them some firepower cause then they'd be able to fire drones which kick ***. So finally we might see an earth capital ship destroy another capital ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckays Cat
          They should reverse engineer an ancient control chair and integrate one into the BC-304's. That would give them some firepower cause then they'd be able to fire drones which kick ***. So finally we might see an earth capital ship destroy another capital ship.
          you obviously have no idea how hard and long it takes to reverse engineer something
          http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Yeah but it only took Carter one episode to reverse engineer that Naquadah generator. And it didn't take that long to engineer a weapon that killed the Kull warriors. But heck they could have it introduced in a few seasons and carter could say something like "This is the most complicated item the guys at area 51 have ever had to revearse engineer, it took them a full three years." This would mean it's only introduced in season 6 of Atlantis and season 13 of sg-1. (if, which i'm hoping they do, run that long). But then finally the ships would have some firepower

Comment

Well if they understand the technology, but can't build it themselves, they could ask the Asgard.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

How about making a bigger version of a minnie gun that spits out drones. That way you dont reverse engineer any tech. Just make a pod that attaches to the bottom of the fighters kept inside the orion or the ded and let 4-5 of those buzz around poping out 4-6 drones per fighter, I guess like rocket pods on the sides of helicopters except loaded with some drones. That would probably be easier to engineer than the whole chair deal.

Comment

I think we should just invent our own weapons, as much as i love seeing the enemy get obliterated with the ancient weapons, we need our own weapons that have effect!
                  error: signature not found

Comment

I agree, we should build out own weapons, as cool as drones and asgard weapons are we've been relying on alien technology the entire series. After spending 9 years using Gould tech we should prolly be able to improvise our own weapon, if not create one of original design. I'd just like to see the humans show signs of truly becoming the "fith race" rather than an asgard charity project...just my opinion (I happen to think the Asgard are awesome though)
                    Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Originally posted by cbrseadude
                      How about making a bigger version of a minnie gun that spits out drones. That way you dont reverse engineer any tech. Just make a pod that attaches to the bottom of the fighters kept inside the orion or the ded and let 4-5 of those buzz around poping out 4-6 drones per fighter, I guess like rocket pods on the sides of helicopters except loaded with some drones. That would probably be easier to engineer than the whole chair deal.
                      the whole idea of the chair is the drones need someone to control ther direction i think thats why you have a chair in the outpost/Atlantis/ a controller on a puddlejumper. I personally think they should have worked on the plasma based weaponary invented by Felger cos that would have been true to our own weapons or look into phase shifting missles past shields like the Tollan did for goodness sake the amount of phase shifting that has gone over the years (all the ancient stuff recently and the reetu in the past crystal skull, the aliens on earth last season which looked like bugs if they worked on that to allow the missles to go out of phase by 180 degrees the missles could penetrate energy fields and hit solid matter etc

Comment

Im not sure, i could be mistaken but i thought that the BC 304s (Daedalus+Odyssey) actually are transport ships because it says in the omnipedia-->>
                        "The ship's primary mission is now to ferry personnel and supplies from Earth to Atlantis, and then to travel back again, but the Daedalus often stays in the vicinity of Atlantis for some time before making another loop."
                        stay positive & love your life.

Comment

I think our ships definitely need a serious weapons upgrade. Then we would really at least be a force to be reckoned with, not just shot at.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I highly doubt our ships could do much damage to anything other than cruisers, fighters, and non shielded ships. I mean haha the technology isn't that great and not powerful enough to destroy a ship in one shot, once an enemy ship has taken enough damage they would run and no matter what we would do we wouldn't be able to destroy it before it ran.

Unless of course the commander of the enemy vessel was an idiot!
                            We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

I think our ships need energy weapons. One obvious reason is that storage of shells, etc. wouldn't be needed anymore. The second reason is I've yet to notice any other advanced races using projectile weapons, so there must be reason...(hold the Ancients drones - but those are a whole different animal and are way beyond us, more so than energy weapons). With advanced energy weapons we'd be able to deal more damage without needing to replenish our supplies, we should have enough Gould know how by now to make even a simple cannon (I think).
                              Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Working...
                              X