No announcement yet.

Smoke and Mirrors (614)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good to see alien technology being used for once,even if it was to frame jack! Good bit of detective work by sam and agent barrett.
    It's nice to have a couple of episodes on earth fighting other humans who seem to be more of a challenge than the goa'uld!

Comment

I didnt really like this episode as it didnt really have the gate in it. I mean thats the focus of the show the gate and it wasnt even used.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Nice to see they went back to that foothold tech, but glad that there's not an overwhelming amount of earth eppys in this season.....

Comment

just watched this episode again and im thinking there are quite a few plot holes:

1. that guy who used the mimic device to kill kinsey as davis and oneill...he works for the NID and has never been to the SGC. but at the end Sam used a mimic device to mimic him...how? when was he ever scanned by the scanner thing from foothold?

2. when that guy used the device to mimic jack to purchase the weapon. he went in and handled a second weapon which is how Sam and Barrett got his prints...again, how? If he was mimicking Jack, then why arent Jacks prints on that weapon?

3. and once again, that guy with the mimic devices (sorry i cant remmeber his name lol) he was given the task of killing Kinsey at the beginning and as far as he knows, he succeeded. However he was just in a coma but Barrett said that nobody was allowed to know that he was still alive because they needed him to bring down the shadow NID. So if it was such a big secret and nobody, not even Sam, knew Kinsey was still alive....how did the guy with the mimic device know? Because he went into the hospital to finish the job, but who told him Kinsey isnt actually dead?

- Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

1) When first referenced, Sam mentions they tried to get the mimic machine to work but couldn't get it to hold an image for more than a few minutes. They stuck the bad guy in the machine after they grabbed him.

2) The mimic device apparently projects a holographic image, not changes the form of the wearer. Don't think about it too hard.

3) Major Davis is one of the original mimic copies, and was told about Kinsey. I assume they told the fake Davis accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
              1) When first referenced, Sam mentions they tried to get the mimic machine to work but couldn't get it to hold an image for more than a few minutes. They stuck the bad guy in the machine after they grabbed him.

2) The mimic device apparently projects a holographic image, not changes the form of the wearer. Don't think about it too hard.

3) Major Davis is one of the original mimic copies, and was told about Kinsey. I assume they told the fake Davis accidentally.
              3. Or there were more holes than Barret thought, which, given that this is the NID we're talking about, is certainly possible.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

This was the only episode I hadn't gotten around to seeing yet. I kind of wish it had stayed that way.
                • I didn't see anything remotely Stargate in this whole episode.

• I've never liked the NID.

• Agent Barrett is kind of boring.

• I hope Jonas remembered to go back and get that secret file out of the bushes where he threw it when he was chasing scientist guy.

• I know we had a bunch of mimic devices, but where exactly was the scanner they used so that Sam could look like the assassin?

As my husband commented at the end:

I think this episode was wearing one of those mimic devices cause that sure looked like an episode of "The X-Files" to me. (albeit a bad one)
                Last edited by Callista; 26 February 2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually didn't mind this episode. Even though Stargate is meant to be sci-fi, I always enjoy the earth based stories. I like the fact that every season has a few episodes set on earth because it shows us a different angle to the characters and to the show itself; that sg-1 is just as capable in resolving mysteries and political issues as it is when fighting goa'uld. We are also able to see how politics and government matters affect the SGC program.

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
                  And, the scene between Kinsey and Jack in the end trumps anything else in the episode.
                  Definitely! That scene was awesome, even though Kinsey comes out on top. I can't stand that man, which I guess is the purpose of his character

Also, Teal'c taking out that guy with his arm was classic!
                  "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                  S/J all the way!
                  Big Honkin' Resolution!
                  sigpic
                  John/Teyla Shipper!
                  SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Hmm. I don't hate this episode - primarily because I'm a Kinsey fan. I think Ronny does a superb job playing the wretched old idiot. I have to agree that that brief moment when Ol' Bob finally thinks he's got one over on Jack is classic. Ah, pride comes before a fall!

I'd include an evil grin at this point - but there doesn't appear to be one...
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with some that major davis very attractive other than that without any idea that this episode would be about it is pretty good in that you have the conflicting thought of whether of not Jack really did kill Kinsey. Not my facorite but not bad. Also..Why do the fingerprints not match? If someone already mentioned this im sorry I just didnt feel like reading 4 pages of comments, but if it takes on the entire image, and the image feels real to others, why wouldnt the fingerprints match the image?
                      BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been already mentioned in this topic, i spotted something funny with christopher judge, when sam, hammond, jonas and himself are walking up the flight of stairs together, a few minutes into the episode, teal'c tries to walk kinda side by side with jonas, but jonas keeps walking in front of him, and just when he is about to go off camera, you can see teal'c laughing! did anyone else spot this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                          I agree with some that major davis very attractive other than that without any idea that this episode would be about it is pretty good in that you have the conflicting thought of whether of not Jack really did kill Kinsey. Not my facorite but not bad. Also..Why do the fingerprints not match? If someone already mentioned this im sorry I just didnt feel like reading 4 pages of comments, but if it takes on the entire image, and the image feels real to others, why wouldnt the fingerprints match the image?

This is my own thoughts so someone can correct me if I am wrong. But din't the fingerprints not match because what the devices did was only to create the illusion of seeing someone else? So everything else would remain the same, because you weren't really that person but an illusion of that person?

Comment

Very interesting,

I wish they would have allowed Kinsey to be killed, why did they have to bring him back. I did find it interesting that the assassins last name was Devlin, a name which should be very interesting to those who have seen season 4 of Atlantis (Devlin medical technologies). My favorite part of this episode was how they brought back the mimicking devices into the story. I hate when they encounter technology and it is never mentioned again, so this episode was very refreshing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                              Very interesting,

I wish they would have allowed Kinsey to be killed, why did they have to bring him back. I did find it interesting that the assassins last name was Devlin, a name which should be very interesting to those who have seen season 4 of Atlantis (Devlin medical technologies). My favorite part of this episode was how they brought back the mimicking devices into the story. I hate when they encounter technology and it is never mentioned again, so this episode was very refreshing.
                              I agree Jake. It was cool to see them bring back that tech. The Devlin name that's sometimes used in the series is a salute to Dean Devlin who wrote/produced the original Stargate film.

Comment

Oh man. The last scene was very painful to watch. Jack having to need Kinsey to clear his name. Ugh...

Overall, I liked the episode. The NID, for once, is on the good side.

Comment

Working...
                                X