No announcement yet.

Smoke and Mirrors (614)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This season is full of these average eps. It's either a really good ep or a really bad one.

It was cool seeing the mimic devices again. And Teal'cs awesome close line on Brody.

Brody puts on some weight for Universe haha.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode somewhat, but it became a bit predictable near the end when the NID heads were about to get busted. (Incidentally, I just saw one of those mimic devices for sale on ebay. I don't know if it was a replica, or if it was one of the actual used on the show though.)
      I was also wondering on this episode, has anyone checked continuity wise to see if the clothing that the mimic subjects were wearing matched the clothing they wore in the "Foothold" episode? If I remember correctly, the aliens had a scanner that scanned the individual which was then programmed into the device. I don't think we ever see that scanner used again by SGC personell, so I'm guessing that the stored images in the devices are still of the old scans, and therefore, should match identically. (Hopefully I'm not being too much of a geek here)
      sigpic

Comment

Fine episode. Kinsey, mimic devices, Teal'c as an interrogator.

We didn't even see the stargate. But I don't mind

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          in S4 it was shown that Kinsey was on the rogue NID side so I have to wonder why they changed sides with him and tried to kill Kinsey. As far as I remember this was never answered.
          to answer your question 6 years later, if you still remember the episode;

It was because the NID good guy blackmailed him into giving the names of his big business associates. Apparently he had some crap on Kinsey. (The bench seen with Carter.) Funny, if I was one of those arrested at the end, I would surely try my best to expose Kinsey after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk85 View Post
            to answer your question 6 years later, if you still remember the episode;

It was because the NID good guy blackmailed him into giving the names of his big business associates. Apparently he had some crap on Kinsey. (The bench seen with Carter.) Funny, if I was one of those arrested at the end, I would surely try my best to expose Kinsey after the fact.
            The episode is "Smoke & Mirrors" and the good NID guy is Agent Malcolm Barrett.

Comment

A typical frame job with an alien twist.

Nice to see Barrett and Carter working together.

Jonas, Teal'c and Janet teaming up at the base... and O'Neill not doing much else but wait.

Kinsey -- can we airlock him?

Teal'c stopping the scientist... oh, that had to hurt. He was injured, Teal'c, how did that happen? General Hammond's hilarious.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think nobody really believed O'Neill being an assassin - but the other characters could prove useful again. And they did good!!! Hammond very worried, O'Neill very angry and the rest of the team very busy.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Haven't seen thsi epi in a while. Can't remember if Carter reciprocated Barrett's feelings or if he just annoyed her.

Comment

There was flirting, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                      Haven't seen thsi epi in a while. Can't remember if Carter reciprocated Barrett's feelings or if he just annoyed her.
                      She didn't reciprocate his feelings. She was just pleasant and businesslike throughout.

Comment

I really don't like these flashback episodes and this one was almost completely pointless. Besides the concept that we finally told other countries about the Stargate, nothing new was given. And turning the announcement into a makeshift trial was utterly silly. I'm sure he'll be dealt with in a future episode but I wish O'Neill had killed that senator.

Comment

Clip episodes are a way to save budget for bigger episodes.

Comment

This wasn't a clip episode. Science seems to be talking about two episodes at once or something. :/

Comment

The episode Science is referring to is Disclosure (6x17).

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Meh... It has its moments but for the most part it's meh...

Love seeing Teal'c, Jonas and Janet work things out at the base, backed by Hammond.
                                And enjoy the team-up between Barrett and Carter.

It's an Earth episode that misses a bit of schwung. I mean, I simply couldn't care less if Kinsey lived or died. He's a pain in the mik'ta.

Just meh...

How would you rate SG-1's "Smoke and Mirrors?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X