• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke and Mirrors (614)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 614

Colonel O'Neill is charged with the murder of a politician, and the rest of the team must uncover a conspiracy to clear his name.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:21 PM.

I liked the way they tied in old technology (s3 Foothold) with the on going NID/Kinsey arc.

I also liked the way the ending played out, and I'm not usually one for flashbacks.

I just love to hate that smarmy Kinsey too especially at the end I just wanted to deck him when he said "You just won me the Whitehouse".
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I hadn't watched this episode until after I'd watched Season 7 so I was really wondering how Kinsey was there when he got shot in this episode

The image-inducer thingys were an unexpected twist too! I never thought they'd make a comeback......

lol, Teal'c interrogating the person who sold off the tech was priceless. I was laughing all throughout that scene. The expression on Teal'c's face is just too funny for some reason
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

This episode was great. And I loved the title
        __

__

Comment

Was holographic Jack wearing the same clothes he had on when mimicked by the machine in "Foothold"?

Comment

That Kinsey just won't die.

Comment

You know I think you might be right. They might be the same clothes
              __

__

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Good mix of earth politics and a continuation from a previous episode.

I laughed out loud when out of nowhere Teal'c brutally clothes-lined that scientist he and Jonas were pursuing and then his description of events to Gen Hammond back at the base.

I must admit I was glad when I thought Kinsey was dead. I dont like the idea of him becoming President. I havent seen season 7 but I suspect he will help SG1 out sometime in the future, kind of like Maybourne's 180 from bad to bad but helpful.

Comment

I like that bad but helpful thing with Maybourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
                    Was holographic Jack wearing the same clothes he had on when mimicked by the machine in "Foothold"?
                    They should be, as the alien "photocopier" duplicated exactly what was passed through it. This should, however, mean that the guy Teal'c flattened should have been wearing his uniform, unless he was dressed in civvies when he was copied.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                      They should be, as the alien "photocopier" duplicated exactly what was passed through it. This should, however, mean that the guy Teal'c flattened should have been wearing his uniform, unless he was dressed in civvies when he was copied.
                      Haven't seen foothold in a while so i may be mistaken, but wasn't Jack in BDU's when he was jabbed by alien Janet? Which means that it's possible that the dupilcated images weren't exactly of the clothes the person was wearing (it may have been what they were thinking about wearing or something)
                      SecretArt
                      My FanFic

Comment

I've just re-watched "footholder", and it does seem that the copies are wearing the same uniform as the people replicated and hanging.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, despite how much Jack hates Kinsey he's not going to kill him. So I knew it had to be a double of Jack or it was Jack under the influence of some alien technology. It took them the whole ep to prove this. Please.

Next episode, people.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                            I've just re-watched "footholder", and it does seem that the copies are wearing the same uniform as the people replicated and hanging.
                            not davis... even the evil davises in both eps were wearing different stuff!
                            EDIT: sorry, i misread and thought you were talking about the two episodes, between which basically none of the doubles are dressed the same... but as for foothold itself, they never DO show daniel hanging, but i know he wasn't wearing that plaid shirt in the infirmary

oh well, overall it worked, but i do kinda wish they would be more consistent with the clothes...

still, both foothold and smoke and mirrors are among my faves (and foothold IS a fave) for their respective seasons (see my sig and i think you'll understand why )

Comment

Really good episode, I forgot all about the mimic technology.

Kinsey lived though
                              Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                              X