Sight Unseen (613)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Symobolt View Post
    There's a great sci-fi story by Gardner Dozis, called "Chains of the Sea". The idea there is identical -there are creatures on earth that live in another dimension (out-of-phase? ). In that story, most of the creatures are also weird funny-looking "bugs", like here, though their interactions with the "real" world are touched upon in greater detail (e.g. one species sucks a certain kind of fluid out of cows, and the loss of that fluid is the reason why cows lose their inborn superior intelligence ). I really recommend it. :]
    So looking that up now!

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    The overall story is a bit slow, a bit of a drag. It would have been interesting had reconfiguring the crystals produced visions of other types of creatures or humans in parallel dimensions rather than just the bugs. The scene with the grandmother seemed like extra filler.
    In any case I see where RDA got his way for less on-screen time in the Season 6.
    Stole my post. As much as I love bugs and such, I'd love to see some other types of animals from that dimension. Imagine the birds that would eat those bugs!
    But I didn't even consider humanoid life till I read your post! Wow, you've got me thinking now...

My LiveJournal post
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      OK, sorry...not the exact line but...(I spent last night with a bunch of gutter-dwelling scifi fans in RL!)

INT—SGC CORRIDOR
      [O'Neill and Carter walk down the corridor. Carter is still in BDUs while O'Neill wears civilian garb.]
      O'NEILL
      (unenthusiastically)
      I could stay.
      CARTER
      We've all been cleared, sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.
      [They reach the elevator and O'Neill scans his key card through the reader.]
      O'NEILL
      (casually)
      You could come with.
      CARTER
      Sir?
      O'NEILL
      Fishing, Carter. I'm going fishing.
      CARTER
      You know I'm planning on studying the artifact.
      O'NEILL
      (dryly)
      Yes. There's always something isn't there.
      [The elevator arrives and O'Neill steps inside. The technician and an SF are inside.]
      CARTER
      Oh, come on, sir. We both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
      O'NEILL
      No, really. I think you should come…fish. Fish some more.
      okay, *now* i remember that exchange!! AND, i felt the 'fish. fish some more' was code for 'sex'.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't know why everyone dislikes this episode. Its nothing special just a standard "SG1 pathogen" episode but its something different and unseen before. Aliens from another dimension wrecking amock in our world seems interesting. And it has me guessing on the solution of how to solve the problem of people on Earth seeing these lifeforms. The obvious solution did not work and I do not think another crystal arrangement would be the solution to fix the problem of seein alien lifeforms. I will admitt the conspiracy nutjob of Vernon seemed pointless and a waste of time. Although I liked seeing how Jack and SGC deal with an alien pathogen in the field. Its something not shown in the past. Just mentioned to happen off camera.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not the best ep this season but not the worst either.

Not much else to say really.
          sigpic

Comment

It was mostly an ok episode for me, although I really don't like bugs

But it has started to bother me quite a bit, that in season 6 SG1 is not working together as much as before. I mean, of course they are still a team, but the episodes are made so, that Jack is somewhere else and the rest of the team is together. I don't like that. I don't mean I would expect them to be together all the time, but there is such an obvious change. And it's made worse by the fact that Daniel is not there. I do like Jonas, but one of the (many) strengths of this series is the interactions of the four original characters. That has changed too much at this point. I still enjoy the show a lot, but some of the "magic" is missing now...

Comment

This episode showed how careless the military really is, IMO.

I liked it though, I would say an average episode.

Comment

Bugs... big funky bugs, especially the big one on the windshield.

I kinda like this episode a lot.

They think Jonas is going insane after all, him convinced something's wrong with him and Fraiser saying no he's fine. Woops!

The prop they use here, is also used in SGA but is then used as trap for an ascended being.

It's a light, funky episode.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked this episode. I do think it is crazy not to have a off world holding base for stuff to hold until you are sure it is safe but I guess the show would be slower. Would have liked to see something other than bugs like another race of humans that lived in the alternate zone.

Comment

Liked this one very much. Hurly-burly amongst unknowing citizens and a freaking ex-soldier, not the smartest, and a very gentle O'Neill shaking hands with those who were in the need of doing so. Loved the bugs and the writing: Anderson Air on the plane. Coincidence???? Nope.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Did you catch the (probable) MacGyver reference?

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Probably.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

When Jack says he'd never seen Alf, at the end. Alf ran opposite MacGyver.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
                            Opposite? In the meaning of 'other channel, same time'?

Sorry, did not know - it was different here.

I thought you meant the ep with Mac crashing a plane with criminal kids on board.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Yes, as in 'other channel, same time.' And that episode, too.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
                                I didn't know that either! Living in the UK at the time I guess I wouldn't! There are a few great humorous references like this in Stargate which are missed by those living outside North America. Only after I moved to Canada did I learn about many tongue in cheek references to Canadian culture dotted through Stargate's run.

Comment

Working...
                                X