Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

Default Re: Sight Unseen (613)

Quote Originally Posted by gateship15 View Post
    sorry i can't get over the size of the bugs i would be freaking out. but if i was a member of sg1 i guess i wouldn't be so much because i would be use to the weird happening
    i would love it to have weird things happen to me... and I would love to be a member of SG-1... cause the weird and freaky always happens to them.

i agree i would love it to. i like weird and wacky there lives are never boring because of wired and wacky

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

One of my favorite episodes of this season. Creepy bugs that no one else can see, conspiracy theories, alien devices, what more could you want

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Very X-Files once again. I did like the resolution of the story too.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

man..I mixed up the disc and watched this episode thinking it's the first episode of the season.I was like "how that guy joined the team?!"
    liked the episode,though

First Lieutenant

The overall story is a bit slow, a bit of a drag. It would have been interesting had reconfiguring the crystals produced visions of other types of creatures or humans in parallel dimensions rather than just the bugs. The scene with the grandmother seemed like extra filler.
    In any case I see where RDA got his way for less on-screen time in the Season 6.

Angry Re: Sight Unseen (613)

If the alien device was such an imminent threat, why did Hammond insist on finding a way to shut it off instead of immediately shipping it back where it came from?

Major

Quote Originally Posted by liminoid View Post
    If the alien device was such an imminent threat, why did Hammond insist on finding a way to shut it off instead of immediately shipping it back where it came from?
    They did ship it back where it came from. It didn't make any difference to the people seeing the bugs.

Seaboe

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    They did ship it back where it came from. It didn't make any difference to the people seeing the bugs.

Seaboe
    Only after they decided to shut down the machine first, a move they seemed to deem risky but pursued anyway.

Interdimensional bleedthrough effect. Interdimensional bleedthrough effect. Interdimensional bleedthrough effect.

I stuck a VHS into the machine.

1. Those bugs were very freaky looking.

2. And I couldn't blame them for thinking Jonas was going nuts.

3. Jack(to Sam) "I just want you to cum" Even my non-shipper mind wound up in the gutter!

Overall though, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
    I stuck a VHS into the machine.

1. Those bugs were very freaky looking.

2. And I couldn't blame them for thinking Jonas was going nuts.

3. Jack(to Sam) "I just want you to cum" Even my non-shipper mind wound up in the gutter!

Overall though, meh.
    okay, i know he didn't really say that to her (in those words ), but where in the ep did this almost dialog happen!? i even went to a transcript place to find that line (or close to it), and it didn't show up.
    sally

OK, sorry...not the exact line but...(I spent last night with a bunch of gutter-dwelling scifi fans in RL!)

INT—SGC CORRIDOR
    [O'Neill and Carter walk down the corridor. Carter is still in BDUs while O'Neill wears civilian garb.]
    O'NEILL
    (unenthusiastically)
    I could stay.
    CARTER
    We've all been cleared, sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.
    [They reach the elevator and O'Neill scans his key card through the reader.]
    O'NEILL
    (casually)
    You could come with.
    CARTER
    Sir?
    O'NEILL
    Fishing, Carter. I'm going fishing.
    CARTER
    You know I'm planning on studying the artifact.
    O'NEILL
    (dryly)
    Yes. There's always something isn't there.
    [The elevator arrives and O'Neill steps inside. The technician and an SF are inside.]
    CARTER
    Oh, come on, sir. We both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
    O'NEILL
    No, really. I think you should come…fish. Fish some more.

DVDs Re: Sight Unseen (613)

An average and boring episode of SG-1.

There's not much else to say.

Tomorrow, Kinsey is assassinated.

Question: I must have missed something. How does one lose the ability to see the bugs?

If it's just touching someone who is 'cured', why doesn't the 'sick' person reinfect the 'cured' person?
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

The worst episode of an outstanding season for me. Even rewatching it for this rewatch didn't change my view of it.

I still don't see what the point of that device was really, bit silly having the ability to see odd bugs in other dimensions?! This device must have ended up in the Ancient 'seemed like a great idea at the time' catalogue of inventions, much like those weird and whacky inventions made through the late 19th to mid 20th century!

Quote Originally Posted by Symobolt View Post
    There's a great sci-fi story by Gardner Dozis, called "Chains of the Sea". The idea there is identical -there are creatures on earth that live in another dimension (out-of-phase? ). In that story, most of the creatures are also weird funny-looking "bugs", like here, though their interactions with the "real" world are touched upon in greater detail (e.g. one species sucks a certain kind of fluid out of cows, and the loss of that fluid is the reason why cows lose their inborn superior intelligence ). I really recommend it. :]
    So looking that up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
    The overall story is a bit slow, a bit of a drag. It would have been interesting had reconfiguring the crystals produced visions of other types of creatures or humans in parallel dimensions rather than just the bugs. The scene with the grandmother seemed like extra filler.
    In any case I see where RDA got his way for less on-screen time in the Season 6.
    Stole my post. As much as I love bugs and such, I'd love to see some other types of animals from that dimension. Imagine the birds that would eat those bugs!
    But I didn't even consider humanoid life till I read your post! Wow, you've got me thinking now...

My LiveJournal post
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

Quote Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
    OK, sorry...not the exact line but...(I spent last night with a bunch of gutter-dwelling scifi fans in RL!)

INT—SGC CORRIDOR
    [O'Neill and Carter walk down the corridor. Carter is still in BDUs while O'Neill wears civilian garb.]
    O'NEILL
    (unenthusiastically)
    I could stay.
    CARTER
    We've all been cleared, sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.
    [They reach the elevator and O'Neill scans his key card through the reader.]
    O'NEILL
    (casually)
    You could come with.
    CARTER
    Sir?
    O'NEILL
    Fishing, Carter. I'm going fishing.
    CARTER
    You know I'm planning on studying the artifact.
    O'NEILL
    (dryly)
    Yes. There's always something isn't there.
    [The elevator arrives and O'Neill steps inside. The technician and an SF are inside.]
    CARTER
    Oh, come on, sir. We both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
    O'NEILL
    No, really. I think you should come…fish. Fish some more.
    okay, *now* i remember that exchange!! AND, i felt the 'fish. fish some more' was code for 'sex'.
    sally

I don't know why everyone dislikes this episode. Its nothing special just a standard "SG1 pathogen" episode but its something different and unseen before. Aliens from another dimension wrecking amock in our world seems interesting. And it has me guessing on the solution of how to solve the problem of people on Earth seeing these lifeforms. The obvious solution did not work and I do not think another crystal arrangement would be the solution to fix the problem of seein alien lifeforms. I will admitt the conspiracy nutjob of Vernon seemed pointless and a waste of time. Although I liked seeing how Jack and SGC deal with an alien pathogen in the field. Its something not shown in the past. Just mentioned to happen off camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Not the best ep this season but not the worst either.

Not much else to say really.

Staff Sergeant Starry Starry Night's Avatar

It was mostly an ok episode for me, although I really don't like bugs

But it has started to bother me quite a bit, that in season 6 SG1 is not working together as much as before. I mean, of course they are still a team, but the episodes are made so, that Jack is somewhere else and the rest of the team is together. I don't like that. I don't mean I would expect them to be together all the time, but there is such an obvious change. And it's made worse by the fact that Daniel is not there. I do like Jonas, but one of the (many) strengths of this series is the interactions of the four original characters. That has changed too much at this point. I still enjoy the show a lot, but some of the "magic" is missing now...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast