This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates in the Ori Galaxy?

Are there any Stargates in the Ori galaxy? None were shown in any of the episodes, but priors were able to come out of them and the pieces of the Supergate are transported via Stargates. Just curious to know how that can happen. Any speculations?

Originally posted by blueintegraboy
    Are there any Stargates in the Ori galaxy? None were shown in any of the episodes, but priors were able to come out of them and the pieces of the Supergate are transported via Stargates. Just curious to know how that can happen. Any speculations?
    This has already been discussed!

There are Stargates in he Ori galaxy, otherwise the Priors couldn't have started coming to this galaxy in 'Origin'.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the ancients developed the stargate prior to going to the MW
      error: signature not found

Comment

I doubt that they had a single hand in creating it all, the Rings were supposedly created by them, yet we have seen them in the Ori galaxy as well. My bet is that they were created when the Alterrans & Ori were still the same race before the split.

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
          I'm fairly sure the ancients developed the stargate prior to going to the MW
          This is pretty well established as the first Prior used a ring transporter to take Daniel and Vala to the Ori HQ (plains of Celestis).

Also, I believe that Vala was found by Tomin near "the ring of the gods". Now they didn't say for sure, but in SG mythology, the ring of the gods has always meant the Stargate.

Comment

I'd assume though the ring of the gods would be transporter rings. As she was transported off the cargo ship as a Ring transport matter stream (which would connect to the nearest set of rings).

However there must be stargates of some description, as transport rings don't have a great range, and its been said that the ori control whole worlds, and they must have some form of transport (although could be old fashioned ship, with maybe just one stargate in the ori "City of the gods" can't remember its name.

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45
              ..with maybe just one stargate in the ori "City of the gods" can't remember its name.
              Celestis

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Maybe their territories are all so close to one another that they can ring to the different worlds.... and just have relay terminals in space or something... that'd be weird though... a giant ring transport switchboard in space.. haha!

Comment

If i had a large group of followers i ruled over with fear of death (fingers crossed) i would not let them have access to a stargate network. I would keep them isolated so they can't form large groups to conspire against me.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

No doubt, there are definitely Stargates in the Ori galaxy. Otherwise, we never would have had Priors arriving and this beachhead established.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If the ori know how to build the stargates theres no telling how many are there.My guess is that the stargates are white.Like the rings.
                      Or maybeyellow.
                      4 easy steps how to make people hate you
                      Spoiler:
                      Ignore them
                      Spoiler:
                      talk bad about them behind their backs
                      Spoiler:
                      Use lots of spoiler tags
                      Spoiler:
                      Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

rewatch that epsiode closelly, when they show celestis, they also show a stargate...

Comment

Originally posted by imhotep
                          This is pretty well established as the first Prior used a ring transporter to take Daniel and Vala to the Ori HQ (plains of Celestis).

Also, I believe that Vala was found by Tomin near "the ring of the gods". Now they didn't say for sure, but in SG mythology, the ring of the gods has always meant the Stargate.
                          interesting that Vala was essentially sucked into a Supergate to come out the other end at a Stargate. You wouldn't think that would work well.

Comment

Originally posted by imhotep

Vala said that tomin found her in the rings.
                            4 easy steps how to make people hate you
                            Spoiler:
                            Ignore them
                            Spoiler:
                            talk bad about them behind their backs
                            Spoiler:
                            Use lots of spoiler tags
                            Spoiler:
                            Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

Yep - it's almost certain there are Stargates in the Ori galaxy ... something had to connect to 'our' one in Beachead.

I wonder ... would the chevrons be a different colour? (i know - petty question!)
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                              X