X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 S8 and SGA S1 Viewing order

Hello all!

I have tried to "think" the "right" order in episodes to watch these 2 seasons so that it would be in chronological order. Should i look airing dates and watch in this order or do you think there is chronological order (Which is different to airing date) to look these episodes?
    I know that there is very little (or nothing) crossreference for timelines between these 2 series, but i hope that someone has idea...

If you ask, why i'm asking this thing... well allmost only for fun. But i think it would be little more "rewarding" for looking those 2 seasons than looking 1 after 1.

Thanks for your answers in advance

First watch New Order, then Rising, then watch one ep of SG-1 and then one ep of Atlantis. If you run into a 2-parter, make sure you watch the whole two-parter before you switch shows. In the case of Siege, all 3 eps happen back to back. Thus, Siege 3 happens a couple months before Avalon even though they aired at the same time. Moebius is the exception to that rule, due to time travel. Moebius actually happens during (possibly after) Siege...but the end of Moebius 2 basically made none of it happen except for the ZPM, and then they skip to the same scene from the end of Threads. Thus, Siege happens immediately after Threads. Time travel makes that kind of confusing. The best viewing order for them is to watch Moebius 1, then Siege 1, then Moebius 2, then Siege 2, then Siege 3. But remember that for the most part the two shows are happening at the same time.
    Last edited by Akai; 15 March 2006, 12:16 AM.

Comment

No, Moebius II happens before The Siege II.

Why?
      Spoiler:
      The ZPM, mentioned by the Col, in Siege II

Mattathias

Comment

Here's the correct viewing order of SG1-S8/SGA-S1, including SG1-S7:

(SG1-S7) Inauguration
        (SG1-S7) Lost City

(SG1-S8) New Order

(SGA-S1) Rising

(SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Lockdown/Hide And Seek
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Zero Hour/Thirty-Eight Minutes
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Icon/Suspicion
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Avatar/Childhood's End
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Affinity/Poisoning The Well
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Covenant/Underground
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Sacrifices/Home
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Endgame/The Storm I
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Gemini/The Eye II
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Prometheus Unbound/The Defiant One
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) It's Good To Be King/Hot Zone
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Full Alert/Sanctuary
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Citizen Joe/Before I Sleep
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Reckoning I/The Brotherhood
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Reckoning II/Letters From Pegasus
        (SG1-S8/SGA-S1) Threads/The Gift

(SG1-S8) Moebius

(SGA-S1) The Siege

Mattathias

EDIT: Like this
        Last edited by Mattathias2.0; 18 March 2006, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for both for good answers and thanks Mattathias2.0 for great list of Viewing order.

Comment

Yes...

BTW, watch Moebius II before The Siege II... you'll see why...

Other than that, it's all there.

Mattathias

Comment

Seems like a good way to get the best out of the storyline in one sequence.

Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by StarSol
                Hello all!

I have tried to "think" the "right" order in episodes to watch these 2 seasons so that it would be in chronological order. Should i look airing dates and watch in this order or do you think there is chronological order (Which is different to airing date) to look these episodes?
                I know that there is very little (or nothing) crossreference for timelines between these 2 series, but i hope that someone has idea...

If you ask, why i'm asking this thing... well allmost only for fun. But i think it would be little more "rewarding" for looking those 2 seasons than looking 1 after 1.

Thanks for your answers in advance
                Alternate between the shows as you please or watch one, then the other. The only episodes that are "enhanced" by watching episodes of the other show are listed below:

SG-1 "Lost City"
                SG-1 "New Order, Parts 1 & 2"
                SG:A "Rising"

"Prometheus Unbound" takes place before "Letters from Pegasus," because SG-1 did not yet know the fate of the expedition. "Letters from Pegasus" prompted SG-1 to look for a ZPM in "Moebius."

SG-1 "Moebius, Parts 1 & 2"
                SG:A "The Siege, Parts 1 & 2"

Comment

Working...
                X