Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McKay and Ronon: possible S3 arc Spoilers Allies.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay and Ronon: possible S3 arc Spoilers Allies.

I was thinking about the cliffhanger in Allies. What if (and this is totally not the SG writers style) They some how repel the hive back to Pegesus. Then Ronon and McKay escape the hive but for whatever reason can't make it back to Atlantis. Then for half or all of Season Three they have an on going storyline about Them trying to get back to Atlantis.

Perfecto!

Ya that doesn't really work in Stargate though.. all they have to do is find a gate, push a few buttons and wham, home.

Comment

It might not work in Stargate..but I like the idea! LOL McKay and Ronon=Funny..... McKay and Ronon stuck together=Funnier! LOL

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Ya I do agree, I just don't see how it would work.. then again they could spend several months on a planet working their way towards the stargate on that planet.. which is like friggin 5000 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
          I was thinking about the cliffhanger in Allies. What if (and this is totally not the SG writers style) They some how repel the hive back to Pegesus. Then Ronon and McKay escape the hive but for whatever reason can't make it back to Atlantis. Then for half or all of Season Three they have an on going storyline about Them trying to get back to Atlantis.
          In 'Sateda' we see Ronon again. So it's not going to happen I'm afraid.

Not only that, but they aren't going to have two main characters seperated from the group for half a season. That means they need to bring on replacements for the main team etc.

Not only that but even if they did somehow repel them, which would be almost impossible to navigate a ship with 3000+ Wraith from some remote interface all the way back to Pegasus. They can't fly themselves off, so are stuck on the Hive. It wouldn't be too interesting to see them running around a ship being chased, for 6 months. Especially when there wouldn't be enough food for them to eat, then also the fact that they need to sleep all the time.

If they somehow managed to escape the ship, they would simply need to dial the first gate that they came to & they'd be back in Atlantis. If there wasn't any gate, I don't think they'd be able to take the whole 'Paradise Lost', 'Epiphany' angle for very far before it became a waste of airtime.

McKay: Oh my feet, I'm hungry, I'm gonna die. We need food. I want my mummy.
          Ronon: Quiet you little ****, or I'll use you for food!
          McKay: Fine, be that way, we'll just lie here & starve to death, yes, let's just do that. Anyway I need to rest, so I'll get some beddywinks & you rustle us up something to eat.
          Ronon: McK
          McKay: Did you know that starvation is a severe reduction in vitamin, nutrient, and energy intake, and is the most extreme form of malnutrition. In humans, prolonged starvation causes permanent organ damage and may eventually result in death. Did you also know that the physical affects can range from: Constipation and gastrointestinal upset, Decreased sexual interest, then not to mention what should be your favourite....Loss of lean body mass & Muscle Weakness. Huh big guy! What do you have to say to that, what happens when your guns turn to peas. You'd like that wouldn't you!

See, they couldn't take that angle very far, McKay feeling self-pity & Ronon being the big strong & silent type.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
            In 'Sateda' we see Ronon again. So it's not going to happen I'm afraid.
            Well I didn't mean that we wouldn't see them all season I ment like they'd show what they were doing along with whatever was happing to the people on the Atlantis base weather they be looking for them or whatever. And I do agree that it won't happen becuase the SG writers like to keep their formulas so as not to break up the chemisrty between the characters and whatnot. But I still like the Idea.

Perfecto!

Comment

A few episodes like that until they are found by the Orion
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                Well I didn't mean that we wouldn't see them all season I ment like they'd show what they were doing along with whatever was happing to the people on the Atlantis base weather they be looking for them or whatever. And I do agree that it won't happen becuase the SG writers like to keep their formulas so as not to break up the chemisrty between the characters and whatnot. But I still like the Idea.
                You don't understand! That isn't an arc that they're going to take, In ep 3 which is 'Sateda', Ronon is
                Spoiler:
                Caputered by the Wraith, taken back to his home planet & made a runner again.

Then in Ep 4 'Progeny', the new enemies are introduced. This is where McKay
                Spoiler:
                Is to come into play about him being needed to rewrite the violence from Asurans, so that they can be peaceful.

As well as SG-1, Ep 3 'The Pegasus Project', this ep involves McKay & Shep
                Spoiler:
                They make a guest appearance in this ep, again proving the whole trapped on the Hive ship arc is quickly finished up.

That's why it's not going to happen, whatever happens to McKay & Ronon + Shep, it's all resolved in either the first or second ep at the very latest. After that, they go back to being a normal team again.

Comment

I think we all get that. This is just a fun "what if" conversation. i think it would be hilarious if they were stuck together. sorta a crosby/hope road picture. (you will earn my absolute undying respect of you get that reference)

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
                    I think we all get that. This is just a fun "what if" conversation. i think it would be hilarious if they were stuck together. sorta a crosby/hope road picture. (you will earn my absolute undying respect of you get that reference)
                    Yes but the Crosby/Hope of SGA is Sheppard and McKay.

I thought GW homepage said they only thought

Spoilers Ep 3

Spoiler:
                    McKay and Sheppard would appear in The Pegasus Project, not that it was fact I think Zelenka is fact.

Comment

Eh, i don't really like the whole McKay-Ronin dynamic. McKay-Sheppard or McKay-Ford (post wraithified) is better.
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
                        Read the topic title! "Possible Season 3 Arc".

So sorry for not understanding better, but nothing that I got from the beginning of this, gave that impression away.

Comment

Nice,would be cool to see mckay toughen up a bit n stand up to wraith like ronan

Comment

Originally posted by RoMUS
                            Nice,would be cool to see mckay toughen up a bit n stand up to wraith like ronan
                            Wouldn't that require Mckay to grow a spine?
                            WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Um, knowing Rodney and now Ronon as we do, do you honestly think Rodney would last more than a few days with Ronon as his only ally and companion? Let's get real here....Rodney is a genius, but a tad on the neurotic ( I know, it's an old term) side, with little in the way of military training and yes, backbone, although he has come through in the past. BUT Ronon has military training, "street" smarts, intelligence and a very low tolerance for cowards. Therefore, let's hope they are not forced to be become "roomies" for any extended length of time.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                              X