Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    He turned out to be rather mean later!!
    The sting of betrayal can do that to a person -- even an artificial one.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      The sting of betrayal can do that to a person -- even an artificial one.
      But you do not change completely - not from naive and helpful to a mean beast.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

You clearly never heard the saying: "Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned."

Or better yet: Betrayal, Rejection, Revenge, and Forgiveness: An Interpersonal Script Approach

"Throughout recorded human history, treachery and betrayal have been considered amongst the very worst offences people could commit against their kith and kin. Dante, for example, relegated traitors to the lowest and coldest regions of Hell, to be forever frozen up to their necks in a lake of ice with blizzards storming all about them, as punishment for having acted so coldly toward others. Even today, the crime of treason merits the most severe penalties, including capital punishment. However, betrayals need not involve issues of national security to be regarded as serious. From sexual infidelity to disclosing a friend’s secrets, betraying another person or group of people implies unspeakable disloyalty, a breach of trust, and a violation of what is good and proper. Moreover, all of us will suffer both minor and major betrayals throughout our lives, and most of us will, if only unwittingly, betray others."
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

He turned out to be rather mean later!!
          I was talking about a perspective on this episode not what Fifth turns into
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I stick to this - you cannot turn out mean and evil if you were an angel before, Fifth wasn't an angel.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Fifth wasn't an angel of course, but he was a child, a being with a very young mind. Give a kid some candy then take it away from him. He's going to be irrationally upset. So it was with Fifth. His reactions (in a later episode) are base, fundamental feelings and reactions. He does eventually learn and 'grow up' a bit, through experience, as we all do in time.

Comment

Love this episode. I find the planet pretty creepy as it's become so segregated from the normal flow of things, almost like a mini-universe rather than a planet.

The design of the structure was pretty weird and what were the replicators waiting for.. just, visitors? Or were they unable to leave or something? I guess they don't think like us at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                  Love this episode. I find the planet pretty creepy as it's become so segregated from the normal flow of things, almost like a mini-universe rather than a planet.

The design of the structure was pretty weird and what were the replicators waiting for.. just, visitors? Or were they unable to leave or something? I guess they don't think like us at all.
                  They were unable to leave because the Asgard hadput them in a time bubble of sorts that prevented them from leaving. At least that's what I think it was.

Comment

Perhaps that hadn't finished making new ones yet.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

They used the time bubble to their advantage to build up resources. Until we reversed it
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        They were unable to leave because the Asgard hadput them in a time bubble of sorts that prevented them from leaving. At least that's what I think it was.
                        Could be. Not sure it would prevent them leaving as it was going faster than normal time, but I'm sure at the boundary of a time bubble a lot of funky things will be going on.

Comment

Well, the boundary wasn't in the focus of attention - the stuff inside of the field was interesting.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

I just finished watching this episode again for the 10th time, and... dear lord is it painful to see Fifth's lovely face filled with betrayal and sadness.

I think, although it's not exactly seen later, that something in the mentality of SG-1 changed after this, their.. quest as a group, their purpose of saving the universe from the Goa'uld, and other enemies.. became colder, cruel, frightening. Also I think Daniel would've been the one to smack sense into Jack, and give him once again and well deserved "you stupid son of a.."; had he been there.

This is easily one of the most difficult choices they have made, and someone should really make a list of morally questionable issues in Stargate...

Also, I really hope the Asgard had that bubble thing like well signaled around, imagine any other ship casually passing by and getting stuck in that bubble for millions of years. Creepy indeed.

Comment

You would have thought they would have put some sort of warning, wouldn't you.. But can you imagine a passing asteroid getting stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
                                I just finished watching this episode again for the 10th time, and... dear lord is it painful to see Fifth's lovely face filled with betrayal and sadness.

I think, although it's not exactly seen later, that something in the mentality of SG-1 changed after this, their.. quest as a group, their purpose of saving the universe from the Goa'uld, and other enemies.. became colder, cruel, frightening. Also I think Daniel would've been the one to smack sense into Jack, and give him once again and well deserved "you stupid son of a.."; had he been there.

This is easily one of the most difficult choices they have made, and someone should really make a list of morally questionable issues in Stargate...

Also, I really hope the Asgard had that bubble thing like well signaled around, imagine any other ship casually passing by and getting stuck in that bubble for millions of years. Creepy indeed.
                                Never forget: Fifth is no human being, he is a replicator, a mechanical lifeform! If he had been made from metal nobody would have cared!
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X