No announcement yet.

Unnatural Selection (612)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethical considerations aside, this was a really stupid move for O'Neill. First, the Asgard could have learned so much from a replicator willing to let them experiment on him. But even aside from that, Fifth was about 2 seconds away from the time dilation device. Time is slowed by 10,000 times. 20,000 seconds is about 5.5 hours. Even being generous and saying it would have taken an hour to shut it off, that's still about 416 days. So in a little over a year they'll be back. And pissed. And hey, one and a half years later....

The worst part of this is that Carter should have pointed this out. Jack might assume time being slowed by 10,000 times would keep the replicators in there for a long long time. But Carter can easily do simple multiplication/division in her head. Even if Fifth had bought the story completely and did exactly what they said, it was supposed to be about 3 or 4 minutes to get to the Prometheus. A couple seconds for him to realize that the ship was gone and he was betrayed. Then 3 or 4 minutes back. So even under the best circumstances, it wouldn't be very long before they got out.
    sigpic

Comment

This episode is excellent, yet truly painful for me to watch. Nice twist on the replicators speeding up time and taking the forms as humans. Very creepy sticking their hands into their brains to get info from SG1.

What truly bothers me is that Carter promises Fifth that he will come with them. I understand that this is a setup for future episodes, and that Jack orders it. But, I feel that Sam's character was slammed in that one moment because she didn't even say anything until after it happened, and that was because Jonas said something first. I guess I expected more from her.

Also, yes, I know that he is still a replicator. It would have been interesting if they did take Fifth and the others wanted their revenge on him instead of how it happened.

Comment

She should never have made that promise. She is not the commanding officer, and she had to have known that her promises could and would be overruled.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          She should never have made that promise. She is not the commanding officer, and she had to have known that her promises could and would be overruled.

Seaboe
          Exactly!

Comment

No idea how I felt about this the last time I watched this, but this time I was not entertained.

Nothing spectacularly interesting happens, except the perfect analogy for Stargate Command and no-access fans. Stargate Command is SG-1 in this case, and the no-access fans are Fifth and we all know how Fifth turned out after that betrayal of his trust -- Command doesn't stand a chance.

Anyhow... it's a filler... and a bad one at that.

The only good thing is Jonas and Teal'c munching on icecream in the cargobay, and O'Neill not getting his way on naming the X-303 after the Entreprise.

How would you rate SG-1's "Unnatural Selection?"

Excellent
            Good
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible

********* EDIT *************

3-episode quiz: Cure, Prometheus & Unnatural Selection

Jigsaw puzzle: Unnatural Selection
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 September 2018, 02:10 PM.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

9:56

Comment

10:16

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good job everyone!

Comment

Its definitely not a filler episode FH. The fact that it continues the Replicators arc, by definition does not make it a filler. Overall I do like it just to show us a different avenue for the Replicators although I do admit they lose some of their machine mentality with the human form. O tend to agree with Jonas and Sam in how wrong it was to betray Fifth that Jack ordered them to to. I give it a good with a perfect quiz and 6 minutes 43 seconds
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

8:37 -- consistently taking my time...

Comment

This episode was really good. Full of funny jokes and and the plot was interesting. Just pitty that Fifth was betrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                            This episode was really good. Full of funny jokes and and the plot was interesting. Just pitty that Fifth was betrayed.
                            Betrayal is what defines his future actions.

I think it's a good set up for what is yet to come for 5th.

Comment

Had they set the timer on 5 minutes they would never have made it. Still sad that they had to manipulate fifth who trusted them. Boy will he have another opinion on humans when the time-dilation stops.

Comment

Originally posted by chulululaaaak View Post
                                Had they set the timer on 5 minutes they would never have made it. Still sad that they had to manipulate fifth who trusted them. Boy will he have another opinion on humans when the time-dilation stops.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X