This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Talking Pictures TV is a fantastic channel. It's a veritable treasure trove of obscure movies and old TV series. I like to think I've got a pretty broad knowledge of movies and TV shows from years gone past, but even so - they're showing stuff that even I've never heard of.
    I look forward to exploring it further.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Jodie Whittaker Confirms Return for 'Doctor Who' Season 12 (Exclusive)

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Huzzah!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Radio Times
          Saturday, 08 December, 2018 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...121820008.html

This week's edition of the Radio Times (8-14 Dec) is the latest in this year's issues to showcase Doctor Who, making it the fourth time in six months that Jodie Whittaker has graced the front cover! Unlike in previous years, however, it isn't the Doctor's Christmas adventure being previewed this time around but her New Year's outing instead.

Inside the magazine is a four page interview with Bradley Walsh, who discusses his career to date and also explains why he wouldn't want to play the Doctor himself:
          My style can be as manic as the next person's, but the Doctor has a certain style and, despite regeneration, I think they ostensibly remain the same type of person. And if you don't know the back catalogue and all the jargon, you're up against it. Whereas I ducked out in 1969 (during Patrick Troughton's time as the Doctor) and for me this is brand spanking new. Besides, Jodie is absolutely fantastic.

Another page focusses on Bradley's co-stars, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole, both of whom still enjoy their anonymity, and on the forthcoming New Year's Day special. The issue also, of course, covers the final episode in the current run of the series, The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos, on this Sunday at 6:25pm.

The Radio Times is available to purchase now from retail outlets in the UK, and the magazine's "legendary Christmas edition", covering New Years Day, is also out now.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Resolution
            Saturday, 08 December, 2018 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...181800008.html

The name for Doctor Who's New Years Day outing has been revealed in the festive special of Radio Times as being named Resolution. The hour-long special will be broadcast at 7:00pm on BBC One, nestling between the news and Eastenders, and will be on against Emmerdale on ITV.

As the New Year begins, a terrifying evil is stirring, from across the centuries of Earth’s history. As the Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz return home, will they be able to overcome the threat to planet Earth?

Comment

For those familiar with AUS politics...

back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

New Year Special Trailer | Doctor Who
                9th December 2018

Doctor Who series 12 WILL be delayed to 2020
                BBC confirms long-standing rumours that the BBC sci-fi series isn’t back for a full series in 2019

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...layed-to-2020/

By Huw Fullerton
                Sunday, 9th December 2018 at 7:29 pm

Doctor Who series 11 just came to an end – but fans will have quite a long wait until the next full selection of adventures for the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.

The BBC have confirmed longstanding rumours that the sci-fi series won’t be back on screens for a full series in 2019, with the twelfth season of the revived series instead airing in “early” 2020.

“Series 12 will see Jodie reprise her role as the Doctor and she will once again be joined by Bradley Walsh (Graham), Mandip Gill (Yasmin) and Tosin Cole (Ryan),” the BBC said in a release, while comments from series bosses suggested that production on the new episodes will begin presently.

“We’re off again! Well we never actually stopped – as Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor and friends have been winning the hearts of families across the nation this autumn, we’ve been busy with a whole new set of action packed adventures for the Thirteenth Doctor,” showrunner Chris Chibnall said.

“We adore making this show and have been blown away by the response from audiences, so we can’t wait to bring more scares, more monsters and more Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole to BBC One. Brilliant!”

“We’re delighted that the Doctor and her friends will be returning to thrill audiences in 2020,” added Charlotte Moore, Director of Content.

“I know Chris and the whole team are already working on a whole new set of exciting adventures. In the meantime we’ve got a very special episode on New Year’s Day for everyone to enjoy.”

More to follow

Doctor Who returns for a special on New Year’s Day
                Last edited by Alan; 09 December 2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Anyone think we might get a returning species from before season 11?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Anyone think we might get a returning species from before season 11?
                    I think in Series 12 (aka Series 38) we'll probably see the return of a recurring species / enemy at some point. The Daleks are the first and obvious one. Cybermen...Ice Warriors...the Great Intelligence...Sontarans...Sea Devils...Silurians...Weeping Angels...Autons...Zygons...the Master / Missy...the Rani...Davros...they're all candidates for a return.

Comment

Im wondering if we might get one in the new year special. From the trailer, how many more "most dangerous creatures" can there be out there? Surely its the Daleks, cant think of anything more dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        BBC confirms long-standing rumours that the BBC sci-fi series isn’t back for a full series in 2019
                        Ughhhhhhhh
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Ughhhhhhhh
                          It's a bit of a disappointment, but I'm looking at it like this...we've got the New Year's Day special arriving shortly and then I personally have the opportunity to watch/listen to everything again from the Hartnell era up to and including the Whittaker era PLUS also catch up on all the BF spin-offs too. I don't think I've had a Who-athon since the year break between Series 35 and 36 (aka Series 9 and 10) and I'm very excited to do that. In theory it should take up the approx. 12-months until Series 38 (aka Series 12) arrives in early 2020.

Comment

Doctor Who - Series 11 Soundtrack
                            Wednesday, 12 December, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...oundtrack.html

Silva Screen Records have announced they will be releasing the Doctor Who Series 11 Soundtrack in January 2019

The music from the series, composed by Segun Akinola, will be available on CD and on streaming services from 11 January.

The recently completed Series 11 marked the arrival of the Thirteenth Doctor, award-winning actress Jodie Whittaker.

Segun Akinola is a multi-talented composer whose work includes scoring BBC Two’s landmark four-part series Black and British: A Forgotten History, written and presented by Historian David Olusoga. He also scored Shola Amoo’s debut feature film A Moving Image, which had its world premiere at the 2016 LA Film Festival.
                            Where do I even begin?! Working on series 11 has been nothing short of the experience of a lifetime. I have loved every single minute of it. From working closely with the production team, to writing the character themes to recording the New Year Special, it’s truly been so much fun.

The soundtrack is available for pre-order on Amazon.

Volume One

1. Series 11 Opening Titles
                            2. Getting That Bike
                            3. Long Story
                            4. This New Nose Is So Unreliable
                            5. The Warrior
                            6. Sonic Screwdriver
                            7. The Doctor
                            8. You Really Need To Get Out Of Those Clothes
                            9. Three Suns
                            10. Make It Through Those Ruins
                            11. My Beautiful Ghost Monument
                            12. Missing You
                            13. Insurance Policy
                            14. My Fam
                            15. Tsuranga
                            16. Resus One
                            17. Kerblam
                            18. Help In Dispatch
                            19. Ranskoor Av Kolos
                            20. The Shrine
                            21. Keep Your Faith

Volume Two
                            1. Thirteen
                            2. Get Out That Door
                            3. Parks, Rosa Parks
                            4. Artron Energy
                            5. This Is Very Bad News
                            6. Fishing Take Down
                            7. Stand Up Now
                            8. A Living Icon For Freedom
                            9. Umbreen
                            10. Thijarian Hive
                            11. I Love You Nani
                            12. Yaz And Nani End Credits
                            13. King James
                            14. Tendril
                            15. Morax
                            16. Reverse The Polarity
                            17. Made A New Friend
                            18. Rebuilt
                            19. Me And My Mates
                            20. Series 11 End Credits

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine: 533
                              Friday, 14 December, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...azine-533.html

Issue 533 of Doctor Who Magazine includes a preview of the New Year's Day episode, Resolution

Guest stars Charlotte Ritchie and Nikesh Patel, director Wayne Yip and writer Chris Chibnall feature in DWM’s exclusive preview of the New Year’s Day Special. Chibnall says
                              You want it to feel like a treat: a big, thrilling, explosive, moving, cheeky, surprising treat. Basically, you want the Special to be epic. And I promise, it’s going to be epic.

Also in this issue...
                              • SHARON D CLARKE An exclusive interview with the actress who played Grace O’Brien in the 2018 series.
                              • FRAZER HINES Frazer pulls some crackers from DWM’s TARDIS tin.
                              • DERRICK SHERWIN A tribute to the writer, story editor and producer who oversaw the series’ transition from black and white into colour.
                              • CYBER CONTROLLER Highlights from a previously unpublished interview with Derrick Sherwin.
                              • PUBLIC IMAGE The latest in-depth report on Series 11’s ratings.
                              • THE FACT OF FICTION 1981’s spin-off K9 and Company, starring Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.
                              • CHRISTMAS QUIZ Put your Doctor Who knowledge to the test with the DWM Christmas Quiz.
                              • THE TIME TEAM The Team comments on Doctor Who’s very first Christmas Day episode, 1965’s The Feast of Steven.
                              • THE WARMONGER Part three of a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                              • SEASON SURVEY Share your views on the latest series of Doctor Who.
                              • EPISODE REVIEWS The verdict on Series 11 episodes Demons of the Punjab, Kerblam! and The Witchfinders.

PLUS...A FREE double-sided poster, The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and more.

Doctor Who Magazine 533 is on sale now, price £5.99.

Comment

'Twas the Night Before Christmas | Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X