Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jodie Whittaker was a guest on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 this morning, speaking about the forthcoming "Got it Covered" album in aid of the annual BBC Children in Need appeal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/la...s/2019/cin-gic
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Mission to the Unknown - Reconstruction - Available Now
      Wednesday, 09 October, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/10...ruction_9.html

The reconstruction of the lost Dalek episode of Doctor Who, Mission to the Unknown is now available on Youtube.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

It's rather good.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Doctor Who: The Edge of Time
          Tuesday, 22 October, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/10...e-of-time.html

A new feature-length VR videogame, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, will launch on November 12th 2019.

Publisher PlayStack and Developer Maze Theory have today released the new artwork for the game which will feature multiple references to the series and its 56-year history.

Doctor Who: The Edge of Time combines action, adventure and sci-fi, equipping players with the Sonic Screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality.

Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new creatures and pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure.

To receive the latest updates, visit Stream and add the game to your wishlist.

Features include:

• Become part of Doctor Who - a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
          • Wield the Sonic Screwdriver - with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
          • Stunning cinematic visuals - from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
          • Doctor Who talent - featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
          • Oculus Quest support - experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
          • Developed by immersive entertainment studio Maze Theory, led by former Activision and PlayStation veterans, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on November 12th 2019 for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos.

For more on Doctor Who: The Edge of Time follow.

Official Website / Twitter - Follow the hashtag #edgeoftime / YouTube / Maze Theory Official Website

Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is a Maze Theory production for BBC Studios

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Fans spot Daleks filming ahead of Doctor Who series 12 (photo & video)

The tin-plated terrors were spotted by fans during an apparent shoot on Bristol’s Clifton Suspension Bridge, with some enterprising Whovians even managing to steal a few snaps of the Doctor’s greatest foe in action.

Comment

Doctor Who Movie Rumored To Be In Development With New Cast
              We Got This Covered has heard from our sources – the same ones who told us Robert Pattinson had beaten out Nicholas Hoult for the role of Batman, and that Disney was developing an Aladdin sequel, both of which we now know to be true – that a Doctor Who movie could be in the works. We’re filing this one as a rumor for now though since we can’t confirm that it’s definitely happening, only that there’s recently been talks of a project which would be disconnected from the TV series and have another actor as the time traveller. Interestingly, the idea is to stick with a female Doctor, just not Jodie Whittaker. And apparently, it would be a co-production between one of the major Hollywood studios and the BBC, which suggests the plan is to make it a real blockbuster.

Just to emphasize again, though, this is being filed strictly in the rumor cabinet given that we haven’t been able to get firm confirmation that it’s happening – only that it’s been discussed. Which makes sense, seeing as there’ve been numerous failed attempts to get the TARDIS in cinemas again since those Cushing films. Back in the 1980s and 90s, for example, both Lucasfilm and Amblin were attached to produce separate takes on the franchise.

Comment

I like how the 'new cast movie' rumour pops up like clockwork every time there's a long wait between seasons. Every time, without fail
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I like how the 'new cast movie' rumour pops up like clockwork every time there's a long wait between seasons. Every time, without fail
                  Yeah, me too. Total load of baloney.

Comment

Fury From The Deep animated teaser released
                    Sunday, 27 October, 2019 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/10...019140008.html

BBC Studios
                    have announced that the next missing Patrick Troughton story to receive the animated treatment will be Fury From The Deep, the penultimate adventure from the fifth season which features the departure of travelling companion Victoria.

The release was announced on the Animations Panel at this weekend's London Comic Con, and as well as all six missing episodes being animated in high definition in both colour and black and white it will also include the surviving clips from the serial, a new Making-Of, and other features still be be announced.

The story is due to be relesed on DVD and Blu-ray (including as a steelbook edition) during 2020, following on from The Faceless Ones, which was announced earlier this year, also for 2020.

Comment

Over on GallifreyOne there's been talk that Whitaker will be the final "original" Doctor, and a "big" movie will launch a proper reboot of the series later in the 2020's, after a few years rest.

Of course as commented - it's probably all just fan bull****.

As for the Fury From The Deep animation - cool! We're unlikely to ever see the episodes, so - let's animate some more, and by all accounts this story is a good one to add to the collection.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Doctor Who: At Childhood’s End
                        Friday, 01 November, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/11...hoods-end.html

Doctor Who: At Childhood’s End, the first novel from Sophie Aldred who played the Seventh Doctor’s companion Ace, is to be published 6th February 2020.

Once, a girl called Ace travelled the universe with the Doctor – until, in the wake of a terrible tragedy they parted company. Decades later, she is known as Dorothy McShane, the reclusive millionaire philanthropist who heads global organisation A Charitable Earth.

Dorothy is haunted by terrible nightmares, vivid dreams that begin just as scores of young runaways are vanishing from the dark alleyways of London. Could the disappearances be linked to sightings of sinister creatures lurking in the city shadows? Why has an alien satellite entered a secret orbit around the Moon?

Investigating the satellite with Ryan, Graham and Yaz, the Doctor is thrown together with Ace once more. Together they must unravel a malevolent plot that will cost thousands of lives. But can the Doctor atone for her past incarnation’s behaviour – and how much must Ace sacrifice to win victory not only for herself, but for the Earth? Past or future, which path do you choose?

Sophie Aldred said
                        I was thrilled and honoured to have been asked to create this opportunity for the Thirteenth Doctor and Ace to meet each other. I had always hoped to be able to offer classic fans an encounter between Ace and a current Doctor in some form or other and I hope fans of the present team will enjoy the blending of two eras of the most amazing programme in the Universe.

Doctor Who: At Childhood’s End by Sophie Aldred is published by BBC Books on 6th February 2020. RRP £16.99.

It will also be available as an audiobook in CD and digital download narrated by Sophie Aldred.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Once, a girl called Ace travelled the universe with the Doctor – until, in the wake of a terrible tragedy they parted company. Decades later, she is known as Dorothy McShane, the reclusive millionaire philanthropist who heads global organisation A Charitable Earth.
                          I'm a bit puzzled by this part. Sophie has been working quite extensively with Big Finish for many years, and in those stories she parted with the Doctor to go to Gallifrey (though the departure itself has not yet been depicted), spent years on Gallifrey training to be in the Celestial Intervention Agency, until events in the Gallifrey: Time War series dump her on Earth.

I have no idea what that tease/synopsis could be referring to.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I'm a bit puzzled by this part. Sophie has been working quite extensively with Big Finish for many years, and in those stories she parted with the Doctor to go to Gallifrey (though the departure itself has not yet been depicted), spent years on Gallifrey training to be in the Celestial Intervention Agency, until events in the Gallifrey: Time War series dump her on Earth.

I have no idea what that tease/synopsis could be referring to.
                            It might be this "terrible tragedy" that eventually made Ace's decision to take the Doctor up on the offer of joining the Academy an easier one? The text doesn't explicitly say that the Doctor took her to Earth immediately after they parted ways so there is a gap there to fit in Ace's post-Doctor life on Gallifrey as a member of the C.I.A., fighting in the Time War and then her eventual dumping on Earth to form A Charitable Earth and fight a Dalek again at Coal Hill Academy.

Of course, maybe Sophie might just negate all that completely and make it yet another departure for Ace. That would be a shame I think and hope that this isn't the case. I'm sure it will be a great book to read whether it fits into Big Finish continuity or as a stand-alone piece.

Comment

Not a BF follower, I took it as a reference to the NA novels..?
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                                Not a BF follower, I took it as a reference to the NA novels..?
                                Well Ace's first leaving in the NA novel Love and War was after a tragedy when her lover was killed following the Doctor's manipulations to defeat an alien menace but she rejoined the TARDIS after 3-years (from her POV) after a stint in Spacefleet and fighting Daleks in the 26th century. IIRC, her final leaving of the Doctor was a far more friendly and amicable one in Set Piece so I don't think this book follows that either.

Comment

Working...
                                X