Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, if it'd been me, I'd have had the 21st of December as the release date. The anniversary of the Daleks first appearance.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The Lonely Assassins: Game Teaser | Doctor Who
      11 Oct 2020

Doctor Who

Inspired by the iconic episode "Blink" comes a new game from Kaigan Games! Uncover and decipher the mystery of a ‘found phone’ and work with Petronella Osgood and other classic characters to solve the mysteries of Wester Drumlins. Find out more here: https://bbc.in/3iHo9Yt

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Edge of Reality: Teaser | Doctor Who
        11 Oct 2020

Doctor Who

Coming in 2021, "Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality" reimagines and builds upon last year’s VR experience, "The Edge of Time" - with a new and compelling first-person adventure! Find out more here: https://bbc.in/3iHo9Yt

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Listen to the voice of your Master
          5th Nov 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgQh3u933Q

bigfinishprod

FIND OUT MORE AT THE BIG FINISH WEBSITE: https://bgfn.sh/7a

It’s been 24 years since his first appearance fighting Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor. Now he’s back! And it’s about time!

Eric Roberts returns to play the Master, as originally seen in the 1996 TV Movie, Doctor Who. Now he’s escaped the Time Vortex to wreak havoc upon the universe in his very own box set of brand new, full-cast audio adventures, due for release in March 2021.

Along the way, he’ll meet old enemies, new companions and the universe’s most glamorous and dangerous bounty hunter, Vienna Salvatori (a special guest appearance by Chase Masterson).

Abandoned in the Vortex, the Master’s lost incarnation is about to be thrown a lifeline.

Earth rebuilds in the aftermath of invasion, and power rests with those who innovate. Genius Lila Kreeg makes a deal with the devil to see her dreams fulfilled.

As the Master returns, there are those – like Vienna Salvatori – who wish to hunt him, and those upon whom he wishes vengeance himself...

The Master will be doing his dastardly deeds in three thrilling new stories:

Faustian by Robert Valentine

Prey by Robert Whitelock

Vengeance by Matt Fitton

Director, Jamie Anderson, said: “Entering this Blade Runner-esque world with the TV Movie Master was a real thrill for me, and it's been a joy to hear our brilliant cast interacting with the effortlessly evil Eric Roberts. The future this writing trio have created is a thrilling place to adventure for three one-hour stories, and listeners are in for a treat when they get to meet the future Earth's characters – both good and evil.

Producer, David Richardson added: “The Master continues his cunning plan, by stealth, to take over the Big Finish release schedule – we have the War Master, we have Missy, and now the Movie Master has his own box set, reaching out for help from the Time Vortex – and finding new allies and new foes. Think Killing Eve in a dystopian future and you may just get a taster of what this new direction for the Master looks like.”

Master! is now available for pre-order as a collector’s edition three-disc box set (on CD at £19.99) and as a digital download (at £16.99).

Comment

Win a Doctor Who VIP Tour
            Sunday, 8 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1..._vip_tour.html

The BBC is offering one person their very own VIP tour of the Doctor Who set in Cardiff

The lucky winner will be drawn from a list of entries to a prize draw in aid of BBC Children in Need and is available to those in the UK only.

The visit will take place as soon as it’s safe to do so. In the meantime, the winner will also get a Personal Video Call from the current Doctor, Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill and receive a host of exclusive Doctor Who merchandise – some of which is signed by the cast.

All those who enter the draw have the opportunity to donate £10 to Children in Need

To enter you have to text the word DOCTOR to 81155.

A one-off voluntary donation of £10 will be made to BBC CHILDREN IN NEED. However, if you wish you can opt-out of the donation by replying ‘CANCEL’ to your entry confirmation text within 60 minutes.

Entry texts will be charged at your standard network message rate.

You must be 18 or over and have the bill payers permission to enter

The prize draw will close for entries at 2 PM on Monday 23rd November 2020. Please do not enter after this time as your entry will not count but you will still be charged.

The winner will be randomly selected and notified by phone on Tuesday 24th November 2020.

View full terms and conditions on the BBC Website

Comment

Series 13 (aka Series 39) Begins Filming
              Wednesday, 11 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1...s_filming.html

The BBC has announced that filming has begun on Series 13 of Doctor Who, the 39th season since Doctor Who began in November 1963

The Thirteenth Doctor is on her way back with Jodie Whittaker once again reprising her role as the Doctor, but next seasons run will be curtailed to just eight episodes due to current restrictions over COVID-19

With safety protocols in place, the Doctor Who team are now filming under strict industry and government guidelines to ensure the safety of all cast and crew. Due to the added time and protocols required, the team will be completing a total of eight episodes rather than the usual eleven.

Talking about the new series, Showrunner Chris Chibnall said
              In this strangest of years, the Doctor Who production team have worked wonders to get the show back into production. We’re thrilled to be back making the show. Given the complexity of making Doctor Who, and with new and rigorous COVID working protocols, it’s going to take us a little longer to film each episode, meaning we expect to end up with eight episodes, rather than the usual eleven. But rest assured, the ambition, humour, fun and scares you expect from Doctor Who will all still be firmly in place. For everyone around the world, this is a challenging period — but the Doctor never shirks from a challenge!

Matt Strevens
              , Executive Producer BBC Studios, added:
              We are so thrilled to have unlocked the TARDIS, dusted down the sonic and be able to start filming again for the next series of Doctor Who. The amazing production team, crew and cast have worked wonders to get us shooting again in these challenging times. It’s going to be as fun filled and action packed as ever - with plenty of surprises.

Piers Wenger,
              Controller BBC Drama, said:
              We are thrilled that filming series 13 of Doctor Who is now underway. The team have gone to great lengths to safely bring the TARDIS back to BBC One. We are all looking forward to seeing what adventures are in store for the Doctor but whilst we await her return, we can all look forward to the festive special.

The Thirteenth Doctor was last seen in the dramatic series 12 finale where the fate of the Doctor was seemingly left hanging in the balance after she was locked away in an eternal prison. In the upcoming festive special, titled ‘Revolution of the Daleks’, the Doctor’s best friends Yaz (played by Mandip Gill), Ryan (played by Tosin Cole) and Graham (played by Bradley Walsh) have to pick up their lives without her. However they soon discover a disturbing plan forming involving one of the Doctor’s biggest and most feared enemies – the Daleks. How do you fight the Daleks without the Doctor?

With the Doctor’s fate unknown, just what will series 13 bring?

Revolution of the Daleks will air on BBC One over the festive period. Doctor Who is a BBC Studios production.

Comment

Daleks! Episode One Launches
                Thursday, 12 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1...ks_launch.html

The first episode of the brand new animated series Daleks!, part of the Time Lord Victorious multimedia series, has launched today
                The Daleks invade the Archive of Islos, seeking knowledge of the Dark Times. But will the Archivians surrender, or is there more in the Archive than the Dalek Emperor is expecting?

Daleks! is a 5x10 min animation and will feature a star-studded voiceover cast with Nicholas Briggs (voice of the Daleks in Doctor Who) Joe Sugg (YouTube, Strictly Come Dancing), Anjli Mohindra (Bodyguard, The Sarah Jane Adventure) andAyesha Antoine (Holby City).

The episode is available exclusively on the Doctor Who YouTube Channel.

Comment

Episode 2 Preview | DALEKS! | Doctor Who
                  16 Nov 2020

Doctor Who

Under attack, the Daleks flee to their home planet – but is it already too late? Episode 2 of DALEKS! Premieres at 6PM GMT on Thursday November 19th, exclusively on the Doctor Who YouTube channel! Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToDoctorWho

DALEKS!
                  is a part of the multi-platform story "Doctor Who: Time Lord Victorious". Find out more here: http://timelordvictorious.com/

WATCH MORE: DALEKS!: https://bit.ly/DW-DaleksSeries
                  Time Lord Victorious: http://bit.ly/DW-TimeLordVictorious
                  Subscribe to Doctor Who for more exclusive videos: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToDoctorWho

Comment

November 19th, 2020
                    Doctor Who
                    Daleks! 02 The Sentinel of the Fifth Galaxy

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite...-fifth-galaxy/

Under attack, the Daleks flee to their home planet. Fearing it is already too late, the Dalek Strategist comes up with a plan, one that requires the co-operation of the Sentinel.

Comment

#DoctorWhoDay

Comment

So say we all.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Captain Jack Returns for Christmas
                          Monday, 23 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1...christmas.html

The BBC has revealed that Captain Jack, played by John Barrowman, will return in the Festive special of Doctor Who Revolution of the Daleks

Described as one of the most loved characters in the Doctor Who Universe Captain Jack was last seen in the series 12 episode, ‘Fugitive of the Judoon’, when he made a brief surprise appearance with a stark warning for Yaz, Ryan and Graham to pass on to the Doctor before disappearing.

In the upcoming special Captain Jack will be on hand to help the Doctor and his companions as they discover a disturbing plan forming involving one of the Doctor’s most feared and dangerous enemies, the Daleks. With the Thirteenth Doctor locked away in a space prison, will Captain Jack be able to help save planet Earth?

On returning for the Festive Special, John Barrowman MBE revealed:
                          Putting on Jack’s coat and setting foot back on the set of Doctor Who was just like going back home. It’s always thrilling to play Captain Jack. He’s a character very close to my heart who changed my life, and to know the fans love him as much as I do makes his return even sweeter. I hope everyone enjoys Jack’s Heroic adventure with Thirteen.

Chris Chibnall
                          , Executive Producer, said:
                          A Doctor Who Festive Special means treats galore, and there’s no bigger treat than the return of John Barrowman to Doctor Who, for an epic and emotional feature-length episode. If anyone can blast away the sheer rubbishness of 2020, it’s Captain Jack. Daleks beware!

Matt Strevens, Executive Producer BBC Studios, added:
                          After a tantalisingly brief appearance in Fugitive of the Judoon it’s a total joy and thrill to welcome back John as Captain Jack. One of the most iconic characters in Doctor Who lore, his presence ignites this Festive Special from the start.

‘Revolution of the Daleks’ will air over the festive period on BBC One and BBC America with more details to be revealed soon.

Comment

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *excited flailing*
                            sigpic

Comment

Seconded.

The "teaser" of Jack in the Fugitive episode was just plain frustrating.

Have to say, for some reason reading the words "heroic", "epic", and "emotional" with relation to Jack's return... I wondered if they were going to kill him off! I know - can't happen... right?
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Set your innuendo-ometers to high!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X