This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 10 (aka Series 36) Trailer - Doctor Who
    Last edited by Alan; 13 March 2017, 01:12 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...epic-83565.htm
      Three part epic coming our way!

Spoiler:
      Involving Missy and Monks!

Comment

Series 10 (aka Series 36) Publicity Images
        Wednesday, 22 March, 2017 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/03...317170008.html

The BBC have released a number of publicity images to tie in with the new series of Doctor Who, due to premiere in the UK on the 15th April.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The image of the Dalek, have they always had alien writing underneath their eye stalk?

Comment

Since "Dalek" way back in 2005, yes.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ive never noticed it till just now... haha

Comment

Should've gone to Specsavers.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Doctor Who series 10 (aka series 36) to open with Dalek episode
                  The Doctor’s oldest foe will appear in the very first story from the new series

By Huw Fullerton
                  Thursday 23 March 2017 at 8:54AM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...-dalek-episode

The very first foe faced by the Doctor and new companion Bill in the upcoming series of Doctor Who will be the Time Lord’s most iconic – the deadly Daleks, who coincidentally last appeared in the first episodes of series 9.

While we already knew the pesky pepper pots would play a role in one episode this year it was unclear where exactly they’d crop up, until official BBC pictures from the latest trailer revealed that it was new companion Pearl Mackie’s debut episode The Pilot that would see their reign of terror begin anew.

This also means that many Doctor Who viewers will already have seen part of the episode, as Mackie’s announcement as companion took the form of a scene where her character Bill and the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) were assailed by Daleks. Programme-makers assured fans at the time that the footage would form part of a series 10 episode, and now we know which one.

Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie as The Doctor and Bill in Doctor Who series 10's first episode

Look familiar?

Finally, Bill's confusion about all things sci-fi makes sense.

Other official BBC screengrabs also revealed telling information about the new series, confirming that the so-called “Wet Dalek Lady” (who appears in an apparition form yelling “Exterminate”) appears in The Pilot and is called Heather, played by actress Stephanie Hyam.

Stephanie Hyam as Heather in Doctor Who series 10's first episode

This shot of Bill moving through some sort of trance state or energy field also apparently comes from the episode, perhaps indicating part of the new companion’s induction into the Doctor’s weird and wonderful world.

Pearl Mackie as Bill in Doctor Who series 10's first episode

Elsewhere, it’s revealed that this giant underwater eye forms part of writer Sarah Dollard’s episode 3, while shots of a spiny spaceship and Bill in a spacesuit are listed as elements of episode 5, written by Jamie Mathieson. Those emojibots will turn up in Frank Cottrell-Boyce’s episode 2, as expected.

Pearl Mackie as Bill in Doctor Who series 10's fifth episode

The screengrabs go on to place David Suchet’s enigmatic character The Landlord in episode 4 (written by Mike Bartlett), and the even more mysterious monks into a Steven Moffat-penned episode 6.

David Suchet in Doctor Who series 10's fourth episode

The Monks in Doctor Who series 10's sixth episode

And those shots of the Doctor in his sonic shades, with soldiers who may or may not be men of UNIT? Part of Peter Harness’ episode 7, perhaps returning to the themes of the UNIT-centric episodes he wrote for the previous series.

Peter Capaldi in Doctor Who series 10's seventh episode

Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie and Matt Lucas (among others) in Doctor Who series 10's seventh episode

Further on, we get confirmation that the Doctor and Bill’s trip to Mars takes place in the Mark Gatiss-scripted episode 9 (which will see the debut of a new kind of Ice Warrior), while shots of the Doctor and Nardole (Matt Lucas) held at swordpoint are revealed to be the work of classic 1970s Who scribe Rona Munro, who is returning to the series to write the tenth episode of series 10 (called The Eaters of Light).

Peter Capaldi and Matt Lucas in Doctor Who series 10's ninth episode

Peter Capaldi and Matt Lucas in Doctor Who series 10's tenth episode

So overall it’s clear that we have a wonderfully varied collection of Doctor Who storytelling ahead of us in series 10, including not one, not two but THREE different episodes involving oxygen suits (for space and underwater). Gotta love some alternate outerwear.

And maybe, just maybe, some fans’ raging desire to see the long-awaited series’ first episode will be quenched by the knowledge that they have in fact already seen part of it, way back in April 2016, and they can watch it whenever they want right now on YouTube.

OK, probably not. But it was worth a try, right?

Doctor Who returns to BBC1 on Saturday 15th April

Comment

New Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall will write the first words for Peter Capaldi’s replacement

Departing head writer Steven Moffat will let his successor decide the first thing that comes out of the new Doctor's mouth when Capaldi regenerates in the Christmas special

By Paul Jones
                    Thursday 23 March 2017 at 12:53PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...is-replacement

This year’s Doctor Who Christmas special may be departing showrunner Steven Moffat’s swansong but it will be his replacement Chris Chibnall who has the last word…

Moffat has elected to pass the baton in the same way that his predecessor Russell T Davies did to him by giving Chibnall the honour of writing the first piece of dialogue to come out of the mouth of his as-yet-unnamed new Doctor, who will appear when 13th Doctor Peter Capaldi regenerates at the end of the episode.

“I haven’t completely planned it, but I quite like the insanity of the fact this is a job you quit two pages before you type ‘End Titles’,” Moffat told Empire magazine.

Davies extended the same courtesy when he exited the show together with Tenth Doctor David Tennant, letting incoming showrunner Moffat pen Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith’s first words, which concluded Davies and Tennant’s final episode.

“Legs, I've still got legs. Good. Arms, hands. Ooh, fingers, lots of fingers. Ears, yes. Eyes, two. Nose, I've had worse. Chin, blimey. Hair, I'm a girl! No, no, I'm not a girl. And still not ginger! And there's something else... something important... I'm, I'm, I'm -- (loud explosion) ha! Crashing! Ha, ha! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Geronimo!”

And despite a new writer putting words in his mouth, Moffat insists that very little changes about the Doctor beyond his outward appearance: “The Doctor doesn’t go anywhere. He gets a new face and that’s all that happens.”

Whose face that will be remains to be seen, but with Tilda Swinton among the bookies' favourites, it's possible the Doctor finally could be both a girl and ginger...

Comment

Breakfast with Seven Doctors
                      Thursday, 23 March, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/03...n-doctors.html

Comic Relief is offering the first opportunity ever created to enjoy a Full English Breakfast in the company of Seven Doctors.

The Wolseley on Piccadilly will be hosting this landmark meal where, for the first time in the show's 54 year history, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi will meet to break bread and talk Tardis.

Here, inside its hallowed hall, the meal of meals will take place. An epic event, a world first, and a legendary opportunity to witness history in the making. To win the chance to join them on this remarkable morning, you need to enter the prize draw. Five pounds enters your name into the pot for a chance to join the seven Doctors for what is being described as the most historic breakfast in the history of television.

The meet and greet will take place between September 2017 and May 2018. Comic Relief will give you as much noticed as possible once the date is confirmed.

This prize has been kindly donated by the actors and The Wolseley.

To enter follow the link

Comment

The Pilot - Official synopsis
                        Thursday, 30 March, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/03...-synopsis.html

The BBC has released the synopsis for the first episode of the new series of Doctor Who.

The Pilot Two worlds collide when the Doctor meets Bill.

A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space. Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined - but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?

The episode premieres on BBC One on Saturday 15th April, followed by screenings around the world.

Comment

Series 10 Is Almost Here! - Doctor Who: The Fan Show
                          Published on 31 Mar 2017

Series 10! Series 10! Series 10! The brand new series of Doctor Who is almost here so Christel catches up on the all of the latest news and updates before the series materialises on 15th April.

Comment

Pearl Mackie's Bill Potts will be Doctor Who's first openly gay companion

"It's about time, isn't it?" said the Doctor Who newcomer who thinks it "shouldn't be a big deal in the 21st century"

By Huw Fullerton
                            Friday 31 March 2017 at 4:19PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...-gay-companion

New Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie will play the sci-fi series’ first openly gay companion, the actress has revealed.

"Yeah, Bill's gay. It shouldn't be a big deal in the 21st Century. It's about time isn't it?" Mackie, who will play Bill Potts in the new series, told the BBC.

"That representation is important, especially on a mainstream show."

Doctor Who has previously featured gay or bisexual characters like John Barrowman's Captain Jack Harkness, Neve McIntosh's Vastra and Alex Kingston's River Song, but Bill's sexuality will mark the first time the series' main companion has been depicted as gay.

According to the BBC Bill's sexuality will be referenced early on in her first episode, in the character's "second line of dialogue".

"It's important to say people are gay, people are black – there are also aliens in the world as well so watch out for them," Mackie continued.

"I remember watching TV as a young mixed race girl not seeing many people who looked like me, so I think being able to visually recognise yourself on screen is important."

"[Being gay] is not the main thing that defines her character – it's something that's part of her and something that she's very happy and very comfortable with."

Doctor Who returns to BBC1 on Saturday 15th April

Comment

Pearl Mackie introduces Bill Potts
                              Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/04...417073008.html

BBC News
                              have released a short video interview with Pearl Mackie, during which she introduces her character of Bill Potts for the new series of Doctor Who which starts in a fortnight's time.

Comment

New Doctor Who companion Pearl Mackie 'faces the axe after just one series as BBC decide to revamp the whole show' when Time Lord Peter Capaldi leaves

Jeez. I understand--kind of--but jeez.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X