• Show
Clear All

20 Minutes until
    Episode 7 -
    "Can You Hear Me?"
    7:10pm
    on
    BBC One.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

STILL TO COME | Doctor Who: Series 12
      7th February 2020

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

So, we've got a filler episode with an introductory ending into the 2 part finale I'm guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          So, we've got a filler episode with an introductory ending into the 2 part finale I'm guessing?
          Certainly an episode before the 2-part finale. One of the promo pics for Episode 8 featured a room with writing on it that looked suspiciously like Old High Gallifreyan so I suspect more. Also, this episode features Mary Shelley and for five Big Finish audio stories she travelled with the Doctor whilst she was in her eighth incarnation so there's a connection there too...

Comment

COMING SOON | The Haunting of Villa Diodati | Doctor Who: Series 12
            9th February, 2020

Comment

30 Minutes until
              Episode 8 -
              "The Haunting of Villa Diodati".
              7:10pm
              on
              BBC One.

Comment

Well, I was almost right...

Comment

So you're promoting episode 8 of 10... and constantly remind everyone during it that the 2 part finale is coming up next... Firstly - very distracting about what you're meant to be concentrating on... And secondly - is desperation the word? Hey, guys, it's only 1 more episode til the beginning of the end - you can stick that out, right?
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

Episode 9 | Next Time Trailer | Ascension of the Cybermen | Doctor Who: Series 12 (aka Series 38)
                    16th February 2020

Comment

FIRST LOOK: Episode 9 | Ascension of the Cybermen | Doctor Who: Series 12 (aka Series 38)
                      21st February, 2020

Comment

The Doctor Who Companion The Twelfth Doctor: Volume Three
                        Saturday, 22 February, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/02...th-doctor.html
                        Doctor Who Magazine is continuing its in-depth chronicle of the show’s production with a 116-page volume dedicated to four memorable episodes of Series 8 and the subsequent festive special, all starring Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald:

• Flatline
                        • In the Forest of the Night
                        • Dark Water/Death in Heaven
                        • Last Christmas

Andrew Pixley’s unparalleled behind-the-scenes coverage – originally presented in the partwork Doctor Who: The Complete History and now revised and reproduced in magazine format for the first time – examines every aspect of the stories’ development, from scripting through to transmission and beyond.

Richly illustrated with rare images, this is the essential guide to the series that took Doctor Who in a remarkable new direction…

Available from WH Smith priced £9.99 and digitally from pocketmags.com priced £8.99.

Please note that this publication is not available as part of a subscription to Doctor Who Magazine

Comment

Ascension of the Cybermen - This Weekend
                          Saturday, 22 February, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/02...s-weekend.html

The BBC has released new pictures from the upcoming episode of Doctor Who - Ascension of the Cybermen.

Written by Chris Chibnall
                          Directed by Jamie Magnus Stone
                          Starring Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill.

Guest starring Julie Graham, Patrick O'Kane and Steve Toussaint.

In the far future, the Doctor and her friends face a brutal battle across the farthest reaches of space to protect the last of the human race against the deadly Cybermen.

The episode can be seen on BBC One at 7.10pm Sunday. North American viewers can see it at 8pm ET, while in Australia the episode debut's is on Thursday at 8.00pm. In New Zealand, it can be seen at 9am, Monday morning, just a couple of hours after the UK showing.

Full broadcast details can be found here, and ongoing adventures of the Doctor can be found via This Week in Doctor Who.

Comment

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Chibnall has to go!

https://cosmicbook.news/doctor-who-ratings-life-support

Comment

Doctor Who hiatus rumours addressed by the BBC

Is the TARDIS closing for renovation anytime soon?

By
                              Dan Seddon
                              25/02/2020

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a31088...-hiatus-break/

BBC Drama controller Piers Wenger has rubbished rumours that Doctor Who could go on hiatus in the near future.

The cult sci-fi series is enjoying its 12th series since the big revival 15 years ago, and currently stars the first female version of the iconic Time Lord – Jodie Whittaker.

So why put the brakes on now?

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press, Wenger said: "I worked on Doctor Who myself, I produced it for many years, and I can honestly say that I don't think it's been in better health, editorially.

"I think it's fantastic and... the production values obviously have never been better."

Labelling the show "incredibly important" for younger audiences, he said "fewer and fewer shows" have the power to bring families together in the way Doctor Who does – "so it will always be an important show for us."

And if there was any doubt of its future, Wenger confirmed: "I think we're a very long way from wanting to rest it.

"Meanwhile, showrunner Chris Chibnall previously revealed that series 13 plans are already in motion, with an autumn 2020 shoot date being lined up.

"Once you see the end of this series, you'll realise there are some stories we're already setting in train for next series. We have very big, ambitious plans for our third series together."

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.

Comment

Pardon the cynic in me, but you expect a puff piece by BBC's PR division is going to address the cratering audience numbers?
                                The bean counters, you know, the guys who make the decisions can't help but notice the shortage of beans.

Don't get me wrong, I like Doctor Who, and don't want to see it cancelled, "rested" or whatever. But Chibnall is driving the audience away.

Look at one of the articles linked in your link: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30925...female-doctor/

The very first line:
                                Doctor Who keeps making great strides in diversity.
                                Too bad Chibnall's focus is on making "great strides in diversity" instead of making good Doctor Who.

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Chibnall has to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X