X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st January, 2020
    Olympia Toy Fair 2020 News Round up

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite...air-2020-news/

Its that time of year again and our annual visit to the toy fair proved worthwhile.

On display at the Character stand were:

• 13th Doctor TARDIS
    • Judoon with Gun (images / details embargoed)
    • Reconnaissance Dalek (with Dalek mutant accessory)
    • Graham O’Brien
    • The Thirteenth Doctor (with bag and sonic screwdriver accessories) purple top

These are due in late February, Figures have an RRP of £12.99 and the (lights and sound) Tardis £19.99

Also on display were Yaz and Ryan who will be included in an upcoming 13th Doctor B&M set!

The 13th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver was also on display and it should be noted everything is now in the “Classic Blue” style guide, as per the B&M sets.

On a side note we spent a good, and very rewarding few hours with Eaglemoss. Its good to talk, and that’s what we did.

One of the good things about the toy fair is that you come across things that you knew nothing about and this year it was 3 metal construction kits due towards the end of the year.

These kits are big and include The Tardis, K9 and a Dalek. They may look a little basic to some but we are back to the good old days of, well you know, those construction sets we all loved. These are great.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who: Dark Universe
      Tuesday, 21 January, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/01...-universe.html

The latest audio release from Big Finish, the Seventh Doctor crossover story Doctor Who: Dark Universe is released today.

Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and Mark Bonnar star in a brand new story that picks up the threads of the relationship between the Doctor and an older Ace, in her now grown-up role as CEO of A Charitable Earth,.

Doctor Who: Dark Universe is available now as a collector’s edition CD or on download at the Big Finish website from £12.99.
      The Eleven has a plan. A grand plan. An appalling plan. A plan that endangers all life in the cosmos.

With Ace working against him, the Doctor must rely on scheming Time Lord Cardinal Ollistra for help. The stage is set for an epic confrontation.

Because the Doctor has a plan to stop the Eleven. A grand plan. An appalling plan. A plan that endangers all life in the cosmos.

Whichever one of them wins, the Dark Universe won’t want to lose

Mark Bonnar returns as the Eleven, a Time Lord psychopath in his eleventh incarnation who retains the personalities of all his previous incarnations, in his first chronological meeting with the Seventh Doctor.

Producer, David Richardson, said
      I’d long planned that if ever I was in a position to make it happen, we’d do a story with the Seventh Doctor and the Eleven, and tell the lead-in to the first scenes in the Eighth Doctor series, Doom Coalition. So when Emma Haigh and I took over as joint producers on the Seventh Doctor stories this year, I leapt at the opportunity and asked script editor Matt Fitton to commission a script.

There’s a lot in Dark Universe – not only does it return to the Eleven’s story, it also shows what happens to Ace in her later life. And it features Ollistra and Rasmus, two characters who are important to our ongoing Time War series, plus it sets up other things too... It’s actually a pivotal release, for so many reasons.

Actor Mark Bonnar said
      I was really pleased with the script as it gave a bit of the Eleven’s backstory. When I first played the Eleven, Sylvester was the Doctor who caught him. I’d met him previously because Sophie Aldred is a pal of mine, but it was really good to work with him as we hit it off pretty much straight away.

I really enjoyed being the Eleven with another Doctor this time – I hope there are plans to have him meet some of the other ones!

Doctor Who: Dark Universe is available now as a collector’s edition CD or on download at the Big Finish website from £12.99.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker confirms her future on the series
        Oh, brilliant!

By Justin Harp
        22/01/2020

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30633...ies-13-return/

Jodie Whittaker isn't going to be turning over the keys to the TARDIS on Doctor Who just yet.

The Thirteenth Doctor and her fam are only partially through the 12th series, but it looks like the return of The Master (Sacha Dhawan) won't be finishing them off after all.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, Jodie let the big news slip – perhaps accidentally – that she will be back for a 13th series.

"I'm doing another season," she said. "That might be a massive exclusive that I'm not supposed to say, but it's unhelpful for me to say [I don't know] because it would be a massive lie!"

She then spoke of Doctor Who in general: "I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it's not yet. I'm clinging on tight!"

Digital Spy has reached out to the BBC for more information about the status of the rest of the cast for series 13.

Before fans get too excited about the next series, Jodie teased that The Doctor's upcoming run-in with the Cybermen is going to be unlike any of their previous encounters.

"[The Cybermen have] got a lot of presence on set," Whittaker said. "When they move in unison, it's incredible. It's really exciting."

This coming weekend's episode features more familiar monsters, when a platoon of Judoon nearly cause a riot in Gloucester as they arrive in search of an intergalactic fugitive.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.

Comment

January 23rd, 2020
          Big Finish Doctor Who: Susan’s War

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite...ho-susans-war/

Carole Ann Ford stars in new Doctor Who spin-off, Susan’s War

The Doctor’s first ever companion, his granddaughter Susan Foreman, takes on a new, heroic role in her very own series from Big Finish Productions, in association with BBC Studios.

Carole Ann Ford reprises the role she first created for television way back in 1963 in Doctor Who: Susan’s War, a four-part full-cast audio drama due for release in April 2020.

Gallifrey needs every Time Lord to fight the Time War. A summons has been issued across the universe to its prodigals. Whatever their skills, the war effort can use them.

Susan’s call-up papers have arrived, and, unlike her grandfather, she is willing to join her people’s battle and finally return home.

Because Susan knows the Daleks, and she will do her duty…

Doctor Who: Susan’s War is now available to pre-order as a collector’s edition box set (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99) at www.bigfinish.com.

Also joining Susan in this conflict are her old friend, Ian Chesterton (played once again by original series actor William Russell) and the Doctor himself… but probably not the one she was expecting.

Actor Carole Ann Ford said: “It’s a very complex, interesting and fascinating piece of work which goes backwards and forwards in time in a way we’ve never actually done before in Doctor Who. We’re finding all sorts of extraordinary ways to chase after time machines, and the different phases in Time Lords’ lives are being investigated.

“Also, it’s Susan when she’s pushed on a few years. She has different attitudes to things and expects different behaviour from people that she’s with. So this is marvellous. She’s a much stronger person, and I really like that. ”

Producer David Richardson added: “The Time War is a mighty battle on many fronts, and we are telling that huge story on many fronts too. This is Susan’s story – drafted into the war, an agent of the Time Lords and reunited with her past, firstly with Ian Chesterton, and then later with her grandfather in his Eighth incarnation.

“How lucky was I to spend recording days with legends like Carole Ann Ford, William Russell and Paul McGann, such key figures from the classic series thrown into this compelling era of new series Doctor Who? And with them are Veklin (Beth Chalmers) and Rasmus (Damian Lynch) – two characters whose story arcs spread through a myriad of releases, and help tie together our intricate Time War range.”

Doctor Who: Susan’s War will contain four electrifying stories:

• Sphere of Influence by Eddie Robson
          • The Uncertain Shore by Simon Guerrier
          • Assets of War by Lou Morgan
          • The Shoreditch Intervention by Alan Barnes

The box set of Doctor Who: Susan’s War are now available to pre-order in collector’s edition CD format (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99) at the Big Finish website.

Comment

Fugitive of the Judoon - New Pictures
            Thursday, 23 January, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

The BBC has released new pictures from the upcoming episode of Doctor Who - Fugitive of the Judoon.
            Written by Vinay Patel
            Directed by Nida Manzoor
            Starring Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill.

Guest starring Jo Martin, Neil Stuke and Ritu Arya?.

Ko Sho Blo! Trigger-happy space police the Judoon are targeting 21st-century Gloucester. The Doctor, Yaz, Ryan and Graham race back to Earth in order to prevent them doing too much damage to the cathedral city. But who are they looking for, and what did they do to incur the wrath of the Judoon?

The episode can be seen on BBC One at 7.10pm next Sunday. North American viewers can see it at 8pm ET, while in Australia the episode debut's is on Thursday at 8pm. In New Zealand, it can be seen at 9am, Monday morning, just a couple of hours after the UK showing.

Full broadcast details can be found here, and ongoing adventures of the Doctor can be found via This Week in Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker confirms her future on the series
              Oh, brilliant!

By Justin Harp
              22/01/2020

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30633...ies-13-return/

Jodie Whittaker isn't going to be turning over the keys to the TARDIS on Doctor Who just yet.

The Thirteenth Doctor and her fam are only partially through the 12th series, but it looks like the return of The Master (Sacha Dhawan) won't be finishing them off after all.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, Jodie let the big news slip – perhaps accidentally – that she will be back for a 13th series.

"I'm doing another season," she said. "That might be a massive exclusive that I'm not supposed to say, but it's unhelpful for me to say [I don't know] because it would be a massive lie!"

She then spoke of Doctor Who in general: "I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it's not yet. I'm clinging on tight!"

Digital Spy has reached out to the BBC for more information about the status of the rest of the cast for series 13.

Before fans get too excited about the next series, Jodie teased that The Doctor's upcoming run-in with the Cybermen is going to be unlike any of their previous encounters.

"[The Cybermen have] got a lot of presence on set," Whittaker said. "When they move in unison, it's incredible. It's really exciting."

This coming weekend's episode features more familiar monsters, when a platoon of Judoon nearly cause a riot in Gloucester as they arrive in search of an intergalactic fugitive.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.
              This is a good thing. I like her portrayal of Doctor Who.

But Chibnall and the rest of the writers need to be dumped, immediately.

Comment

Yes indeed that is good news, I like 13, but somehow the show has lost its feel to me
                It is still nice to watch and 13 is cool but it feels no more like Doctor Who to me

Comment

30 Minutes until
                  Episode 5 -
                  "Fugitive of the Judoon".
                  7:10pm
                  on
                  BBC One.

Comment

COMING SOON | Praxeus | Doctor Who
                    27 Jan 2020

Comment

Nicholas Parsons 1923-2020
                      Tuesday, 28 January, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/01...1923-2020.html

The actor and Game Show host Nicholas Parsons has died at the age of 96.

Nicholas Parsons played Reverend Wainwright in the 1989 Doctor Who serial The Curse of Fenric.

However he was best known as the host of the BBC Radio 4 panel game Just a Minute, working on the series since it was first broadcast on 22 December 1967. The show continues to be transmitted and Parsons has been heard in almost every edition.

Parsons was born in Grantham, Lincolnshire. He started his career while training as an engineering apprentice; he was found by Canadian impresario Carroll Levis, doing impressions and working in small repertory theatres in Glasgow.

Parsons made his film debut in Master of Bankdam in 1947. He continued his stage career in small parts in West End theatre shows, then did two years in repertory at Bromley, Kent and later Windsor, Maidstone and Hayes. After becoming a resident comedian at the Windmill Theatre in 1952, Parsons became well known to TV audiences during the 1950s as the straight man to comedian Arthur Haynes. After the pair appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1961, the partnership broke up at Haynes request allowing Parsons to return to the stage, before he became a regular on The Benny Hill Show from 1969 to 1974. After Haynes' sudden death, Parsons appeared as a personality in his own right, culminating in the long-running Anglia Television game show, Sale of the Century, broadcast weekly from 1971 to 1983.

He was the non-singing voice of Tex Tucker in the TV series Four Feather Falls at the suggestion of his then-wife, actress and voiceover artiste Denise Bryer. During the late sixties, he presented a satirical programme on Radio Four called Listen to This Space, In the late 1960s, he portrayed "David Courtney" on the short-lived American sitcom The Ugliest Girl in Town.

Nicholas Parsons died in the early hours of the 28th of January according to a statement issued by his agent Jean Diamond on behalf of his family.
                      He was with his beloved family who will miss him enormously and who wish to thank the wonderful staff at the Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

BBC director-general Tony Hall said:
                      Very few people have done so much to entertain audiences over the decades, and no one deserves to be called a broadcasting legend more than Nicholas Parsons. His charm, inventive intellect and ability to create laughs were unsurpassed. Our thoughts are with his family and all who knew him.

Mohit Bakaya, controller of BBC Radio 4, said
                      Nicholas Parsons was one of the greats, a first class broadcaster and an icon in the world of British comedy. Nicholas always brought his sharp wit, brilliant poise and warmth to everything he did - but particularly as host of Just a Minute where his excellence shone in each episode without hesitation, deviation or repetition.

Comment

30 Minutes until
                        Episode 6 -
                        "Praxeus"
                        7:10pm
                        on
                        BBC One.

Comment

Episode 7 | Next Time Trailer | Can You Hear Me? | Doctor Who: Series 12
                          2nd February 2020

Comment

Together at last! Captain Jack meets River Song
                            5 February 2020

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tog...ets-river-song

He's back! John Barrowman returns as the irrepressible Captain Jack Harkness, fresh from his latest surprise appearance in Doctor Who, in three new full-cast audio adventures from Big Finish.

At last! – Big Finish’s most-requested team-up is finally happening, as River Song and Captain Jack Harkness cross paths for the first time in their zig-zagging timelines. Will the universe ever be the same again? Alex Kingston co-stars along with Camille Coduri, also returning as Jackie Tyler.

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three will be released in March 2020, and is available on pre-order from today from £19.99, exclusively from the Big Finish website.

Actor John Barrowman said: “Alex Kingston and I have talked about this for years. We knew that the fanbase always wanted River and Jack to meet, or to cross timelines, and we just never knew when it would happen. Alex and I were always game for it and, thanks to Big Finish, this is where it's happening.

“It's like Jack is the male River and River is the female Jack. There are all sorts of comparisons in their behaviours and how they react; the verve and vivacious passion they have for solving problems; getting to the heart of the action and adventure; the determination to get what they want, but also the sadness behind both of their eyes.”

Co-star Alex Kingston added: “I've always imagined that, when River's not on adventures with the Doctor, she's somewhere having fun with Captain Jack. I've always had that at the back of my head.

John Barrowman and I get on so well, and whenever we've met at conventions, it's the one request that the fans have come up with more than any other. We have a lot of fun together so it's something we've both been pushing independently for. I was so thrilled to find out that our dream has come true.”

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three features the following rollicking good adventures:

Crush by Guy Adams
                            Captain Jack takes Mrs Tyler on a luxury cruise in space.

Mighty & Despair by Tim Foley
                            On a distant planet in the far future, two travellers have come looking for a mythical hero.

R&J by James Goss
                            From ancient battles to eternal wars
                            A pair of time-cross'd lovers take the stars

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three will be released in March 2020, and is available on pre-order from today at £19.99 as a download and £24.99 as a collector’s edition CD box set (which also unlocks a free download version on release). This exclusive Big Finish pre-release price will be held until the set's general release at the end of May 2020.

Listeners can save money by purchasing all three volumes of The Lives of Captain Jack released to date, as a download bundle for just £66 or as a triple box set of collector’s edition CDs at only £75.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine Issue 548
                              Thursday, 06 February, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/02...issue-548.html

The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has an exclusive, in-depth interview with Sacha Dhawan. Other highlights include:
                              • A choice of collectable covers, one featuring Sacha Dhawan and one featuring Jodie Whittaker.
                              • Exclusive previews of the final four episodes of Series 12.
                              • The latest Production Notes from showrunner Chris Chibnall.
                              • A report from the filming of Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror at the Nu Boyana Film Studios in Bulgaria.
                              • An exclusive interview with Robert Glenister, who played Thomas Edison in Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror.
                              • A tribute to the 1960s writer and story editor Donald Tosh.
                              • Peter Purves shares his memories of Donald Tosh.
                              • The director of Doctor Who and the Silurians, Timothy Combe, looks back on its production.
                              • Remembering the late Doctor Who comic-strip artist Bill Mevin.
                              • Updates on Doctor Who luminaries, past and present, with new feature Time and Space Visualiser.
                              • Public Image looks at how Doctor Who is doing in the TV ratings.
                              • The Fact of Fiction continues its epic exploration of The Daleks’ Master Plan.
                              • The final part of Mistress of Chaos, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                              • Reviews of the Series 5 Blu-ray Steelbook and Sophie Aldred’s novel At Childhood’s End.
                              • Big Finish previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, The Blogs of Doom and much more

On sale from Thursday 6 February 2020 £5.99 (UK)

Comment

COMING SOON | Can You Hear Me? | Doctor Who: Series 12
                                2nd February, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X