|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

For any members of GWF who are looking forward to the new series of Doctor Who that's been filming... there are some pretty solid rumors floating around about when it will air in the UK and what network in the US may have aquired the airing rights.

The rumor is that it will air March 26th on BBC1 at around 6:45 or 7:00pm with a special called "Doctor Who Confidential" to air on BBC3 immediately after.

As for the US, it's looking like NBC/Universal has aquired the rights for the American broadcast. These are the guys that own Sci-Fi/USA networks, and the skuttlebut is that the new series will air on Sci-Fi with rebroadcasts and the backcatalog to be on USA. No word on when Doctor Who will air in the US, but I'd bet on Summer with SG-1 Season 9, Atlantis Season 2, BSG Season 2.

These are just rumors for now, but Outpost Gallifrey seems to think they are coming form solid sources. Time will tell. I'm really hoping that the info about Sci-Fi is accurate. BBC America would have been a big mistake.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I will be looking forward to Dr. Who in the US. If it airs on Scifi maybe they will put the older ones on durning the daytime.

Thanks for infromation, IMF.

Comment

if they do make it part of scifi fridays over here, hopefully they'll bump Andromeda into oblivion.

going to dig up my KLF and Orbital albums now....
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
            if they do make it part of scifi fridays over here, hopefully they'll bump Andromeda into oblivion.

going to dig up my KLF and Orbital albums now....
            Andromeda is out the door this year neway, at least according to thefutoncritic.com
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
              The rumor is that it will air March 26th on BBC1 at around 6:45 or 7:00pm with a special called "Doctor Who Confidential" to air on BBC3 immediately after.
              Cool. Must find a TV where I can watch it.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Early Saturday evenings? Interesting - I'd have thought it would have been perfect for the post Lottery timeslot myself - but that would have put it up against Millionaire - too risky. Fair enough - for the sake of UK scifi it had better be good!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Now will this be a stand alone series, with some aspects of the original, or will it be a continuation of the original 26 seasons?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    Now will this be a stand alone series, with some aspects of the original, or will it be a continuation of the original 26 seasons?
                    as i understand it, it will be a continuation, but with no need for a history recap...

the history of the Dr Who universe will be there but you won't need the Companions guide or History of Time Travel to get by.

i've read that for the first season they won't strictly speaking be leaning on all the old villains and that while trying to maintain the universe they will be going in their own direction.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

What I'm looking forward to (bizarrely) is watching where they've filmed.

This is because BBC Wales are in charge of the revival, and so Dr Who is being filmed in Cardiff, which is where this Unas Matriarch resides. 'Scuse me showing off about it - but I don't get the opportunity to do it very often, so I'm going to enjoy this moment.

Naturally, this has been a source of much amusement to me and my fellow office drones, as the makeup vans and catering bus for the extras have (quite regularly) been clustered in a street alongside our office building. Over the last few months we have, on occasions, looked out of a window and seen groups of aliens standing around having a smoke while they wait for a minibus to transfer them to the set. Surprisingly, this doesn't bother my colleagues; but, as they already work with an Unas, I suppose they're used to that sort of thing by now. Not that I smoke.

We assume that the vans without windows are where they're teleporting them in from the Planet Gargh - or wherever.

sigpic

Comment

{MOD INSERT}
                        Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Here is the place you can post links to articles, Reviews, Cast and Crew interviews NOT done by GW. Please remember to post a link as copyrighted material can not be reproduced here.
                        and just because I am vain
                        Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                        Wow thanks TameFarrer !!!!

IGN seems to think so. So, as of this moment, there are no plans for an American airing of Doctor Who...

-IMF
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 March 2006, 12:58 PM.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

NoooOOoooo! I hope some station on this side of the pond picks it up... all of it. I miss my Doctor Who.

Comment

It used to come on PBS stations all the time. They run a lot of British comedies and programming. Maybe one of those will pick it up again.
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Having just seen "Rose"... I can say I see where Sci-Fi might be coming from. Uneven is the word here.

-IMF
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

What didn't you like about it? I thought it was cool the autons were great!

Comment

Working...
                                X