This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I heard many local PBS stations stopped carrying it a long time ago because it became too expensive. I loved the Tom Baker episodes.

I loved those ones too. Went Trick or Treating one year way back in the day (my son's phrase), dressed like that version of the Doctor.

I can't believe they passed up on this series. But then again....

Comment

I'm in the US and I would LOVE to see Dr. Who again!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        I'm in the US and I would LOVE to see Dr. Who again!
        There is a rumored possibility that the BBC is currently in negotiations with a U.S. broadcasting partner for the new series.

If that happens, we should be updated on the status of the DVD release.

Also, the classic series would probably be made available to U.S. broadcasters again.

Comment

the series has been running since 1963?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
          24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
          Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
            Hey have any of you guys who have the new first season boxsets had any problems with it. I have the first time I got mine there were creases that made cover on the right hand side start peeling off the side and thats with me not doing anything and now that ive got my second boxset the magnet doesnt work and the right side still comes off the side. I guess it makes the box more like the real thing but it is VERY annoying.
            I have the same problem.

Comment

hi pbellosem and welcome to the forum !!!!!
              Finally someone else has the boxset problems I have perhaps theres more out there...
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                Yep-it's the longest running sci fi show ever and a British Institution.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                  It ran from 1963 to 1989.
                  There was a television movie in 1996.
                  It was relaunched in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                    There is a rumored possibility that the BBC is currently in negotiations with a U.S. broadcasting partner for the new series.

If that happens, we should be updated on the status of the DVD release.

Also, the classic series would probably be made available to U.S. broadcasters again.

Does that mean BBC America? (Asking hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Does that mean BBC America? (Asking hopefully)
                      Well, I don't know.

I heard previously that BBC America was second to last on their list and PBS was dead last.

They've been having trouble getting the price they're asking for.

Now I understand Warner Brothers was supposed to distribute the new series on DVD.

I wonder how much it would screw things up if, for example, Fox bought the new series. I can't imagine they would be too happy if they couldn't get the rights to the DVDs as well.

Comment

I'm surprised they passed on this show. Almost all of the reviews I have read are positive. I have seen all the episodes and was very impressed.

Comment

Fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after they dropped the ball last time I hope not!
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                            Fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after they dropped the ball last time I hope not!
                            Worst case scenario...Fox, TNT, or Spike!

Comment

I Quiver with fear
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Sci-Fi have bought the rights to the show

Comment

Working...
                                X