This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Mind you, I suppose since he already voices Colonel K in the revamped "Danger Mouse"...
    From K to M...sounds like promotion to me. They could even cast him as the new Q. That'd be interesting...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

What to Expect in Series 12 (aka Series 38) | Doctor Who
      8th December 2019

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Episode 1 Preview | Spyfall | Doctor Who
        10th December 2019

Comment

Double post
          Last edited by cosmichobo; 12 December 2019, 04:17 PM.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

From doctorwhonews.net

Wendy Williams 1934-2019
            Wednesday, 11 December, 2019 - Reported by Marcus
            The actress Wendy Williams has died at the age of 84.

Wendy Williams played Vira in the highly acclaimed 1975 story The Ark In Space. Her performance as the revived human, struggling to adjust to the reality of the Wrin invasion. was a tour de force, developing real chemistry with the newly regenerated Fourth Doctor played by Tom Baker.

Wendy Williams was born in Cheam in Surrey, just south of London. Her first television appearance was in the 1954 play A Party for Christmas.

Over the next forty years, she became a regular on British Television, appearing in many popular series. Her first main role was as Lady Lizzie Eustace in the 1959 series The Eustace Diamonds. she played Frances Graham in Knight Errant Limited and Margaret Hale in North and South. Roles followed in The Further Adventures of the Musketeers, Thirty-Minute Theatre, The Regiment, Crossroads, Z-Cars, Dominic, When the Boat Comes In and Angels.

In 1976 she played Barbara in the Terry Nation series Survivors and later appeared in Poldark as Lady Basset. in 1981 she joined the cast of Tenko as Vicky Armstrong. The following year she played Lady Brandon in the Barry Letts production of Beau Geste.

Wendy Williams was married to Doctor Who director Hugh David until his death in 1987.

---

Ark in Space is one of my favourite Baker stories, and a lot of it is due to Wendy's performance as Vira. She exudes authority in the role, but also sells the concept that she was born in a far distant and different future. Think I just decide what episode to watch this weekend... and on BluRay, too!
            Last edited by cosmichobo; 12 December 2019, 01:43 AM.
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              From doctorwhonews.net

Wendy Williams 1934-2019
              Wednesday, 11 December, 2019 - Reported by Marcus
              The actress Wendy Williams has died at the age of 84.

<respectfully snipped>

---

Ark in Space is one of my favourite Baker stories, and a lot of it is due to Wendy's performance as Vira. She exudes authority in the role, but also sells the concept that she was born in a far distant and different future. Think I just decide what episode to watch this weekend... and on BluRay, too!
              Also very saddened to hear about the passing away of Wendy Williams. Such a wonderful actress. She'll be greatly missed.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine issue 546
                Thursday, 12 December, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/12...issue-546.html

The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine features exclusive previews of the new season, due to launch on New Year's Day.

Every issue of the festive Doctor Who Magazine includes:
                • A Giant Double-sided Poster
                • A Thirteenth Doctor Art Card

Other highlights include:
                • An exclusive, in-depth interview with showrunner Chris Chibnall, plus his latest Production Notes.
                • The directors of Series 12 speak exclusively to DWM.
                • Exclusive previews of the first new-series episodes: Spyfall Parts One and Two.
                • Tosin Cole (who plays Ryan Sinclair) answers questions from the TARDIS Tin.
                • An Advent in Space and Time: six decades of festive TV and radio highlights.
                • DWM revisits the Doctor Who pantomimes of the 1980s.
                • The final part of a candid interview with former script editor Andrew Cartmel.
                • Broadcaster Ian Collins recalls playing a Haemovore in 1989’s The Curse of Fenric.
                • An exclusive preview of the Season 26 Blu-ray box set.
                • The Fact of Fiction explores the 2012 Christmas Special The Snowmen.
                • DWM’s fiendishly tricky Christmas Quiz.
                • Part Four of Mistress of Chaos, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                • Audio and book reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!

On sale from Thursday 12 December 2019 £6.99 (UK)

Comment

Knock knock. Who's there? The Master. The Master who? Masterful...
                  13th December 2019

From Big Finish Productions: https://bgfn.sh/2a Doctor Who: Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99) at the Big Finish website.

In his Big Finish debut, actor John Simm will reprise the role of the Master, as originally played on television from 2007 (and, most recently, in World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls, opposite Peter Capaldi).

Doctor Who: Masterful, written by James Goss, will also feature actors Geoffrey Beevers, Mark Gatiss, Derek Jacobi, Alex MacQueen, Milo Parker and Eric Roberts as previous incarnations of the evil Time Lord. Plus, of course, no reunion of Masters would be complete without Missy, the most recent incarnation, as played by Michelle Gomez.

John Simm said, “It's a real honour to play this character: the nemesis of the Doctor. He's everything the Doctor is but he's evil. And it's been great recording with Big Finish. You don't get bored, it's fantastic. It's fun. It went really quickly. And I got to work with Derek Jacobi.”

Producer, David Richardson, added, “It was all Jason Haigh-Ellery’s idea. ‘We should do a special for the 50th anniversary of the Master in 2021,’ he said, and I leapt at the chance to produce it. James Goss was the perfect choice as writer -we knew he’d offer something as entertaining as it was dark, as imaginative as it was thrilling -and he hasn’t let us down!"

“But my first port of call was securing the talents of our Masters (and Missy) -many of them had worked for us before, but for John Simm this was his Big Finish debut. They say never meet your heroes, but they’re wrong. I had one of the best days of my life in studio with Sir Derek Jacobi and John Simm, towering actors and simply two of the warmest, loveliest human beings you could ever hope to spend time with. This may be a line-up of pure, unadulterated evil -but behind every sinister smile there’s a lovely actor we’re blessed to work with!”

Doctor Who: Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99). This release will be limited to 3,000 copies and available exclusively only via the Big Finish website.

The details of each disc are as follows
                  D1-D3 - Masterful
                  D4 - Masterful - behind the scenes
                  D5 - Short Trips: I Am The Master and Short Trips: The Switching (both previously available)
                  D6-D8 - a new, narrated audiobook featuring the Third Doctor, the Master and UNIT

A standard edition 3-CD box set is also available (at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99). This vanilla release features only the story Masterful, with none of the extra features listed above.
                  Last edited by Alan; 13 December 2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

School Produces Doctor Who Project
                    Friday, 13 December, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/12...o-project.html

Pupils at a special needs school in Wales have produced their own episode of Doctor Who, narrated by Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy.

Ysgol Pen-y-Bryn is a school based in Swansea, for pupils aged 3-19 years, with a wide range of special needs.

Throughout the past year, their film enterprise group have been filming around Wales and making their own props for a special Doctor Who project.

Today sees the launch of the completed episode (just under 40 minutes in length) on the school's YouTube channel for free.

Comment

Anjli Mohindra and Laura Fraser to guest star in Doctor Who
                      Saturday, 14 December, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/12...fraser-to.html

The BBC has announced that television stars Anjli Mohindra and Laura Fraser are set to guest star in upcoming episodes of Doctor Who.

Previously starring as Rani Chandra in the CBBC Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, Anjli is no stranger to the Whoniverse but as she takes on a new character, it’s safe to say she’ll be worlds away from her usual appearance…

Starring in a separate episode, Laura has previously starred in various dramas including the hit BBC show, The Missing and more recently Better Call Saul.

On appearing in Doctor Who, Anjli Mohindra says:
                      As a huge fan of the last series, it’s a bit of a dream come true getting to work opposite Jodie, Mandip, Tosin and of course after all these years, to work with Bradley again! There’s something undeniably special about Jodie’s Doctor, and to be bringing some terror to the joint was rather fun indeed.

Laura Fraser adds:
                      I love this episode and couldn’t resist playing such an intense character. I watched Doctor Who every week as a child, so it was a massive thrill to be asked to take part in such an iconic show.

Matt Strevens, Executive Producer, says:
                      It was a real joy to welcome Anjli and Laura to the show. We’ve wanted to work with them since we started and have found the perfect characters for them to show off their talent and range - both formidable in very different ways.

Doctor Who will return to BBC One on New Year’s Day at 6.55pm. The new series will begin with a two-parter entitled Spyfall, with part two airing on Sunday 5 January.

Comment

Radio Times article about modifications to the TARDIS interior.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...ardis-changes/
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Another 3, 4 changes and it might nearly be good.
                          and lots more!

Comment

I don't mind, except for one thing - the orange rock post/pillar thingies. They're neat looking, but the way they surround the console makes it feel very claustrophobic.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love all the extra additions to the TARDIS console room but especially excited about the stairs and the extra level. I'm very much hoping for more TARDIS exploration and general roaming around the ship at some time in the future.

Comment

Yes, I love a good romp through the TARDIS!

The new era has given us a couple such stories (both 11th Doctor stories), so I’d love to see something more.
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X