This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filming's already started, apparently.

Someone posted a pic on Facebook of Jodie Whittaker in Peter Capaldi's outfit.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Bradley Walsh confirms he starts work on Doctor Who next week
      We also know his character's name: Graham.
      By Megan Davies
      12 November 2017

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...sunday-brunch/

Bradley Walsh dropped by Sunday Brunch today (November 12) to talk about his new album, When You're Smiling, but while he was there, hosts Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer had to ask him about Doctor Who too.

And in among the other information he shared, Bradley confirmed that his time on the TARDIS officially gets going when he starts filming next week.

"I am in Doctor Who, yeah," he said. "That starts next week sometime. We've all met."

Bradley will be starring as one of new Doctor Jodie Whittaker's companions when the show returns in 2018, starring alongside Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill.

© BBC Chris Chibnall

And while chatting to Tim and Simon, Bradley shared how exciting the whole thing was, especially considering he admitted he's been a huge fan of the show for years too.

"It's really exciting," he said. "When I was a kid I watched it as a young boy – William Hartnell was in it."
      Bradley went on to describe playing with a Dalek toy when he was younger, finishing with: "Now, 50 years later, I might get to play with a real Dalek!"

Of course, Tim and Simon attempted to get Bradley to share a few details about his character, joking: "We thought you were a Dalek!"

"No," Bradley answered. "No, no, no. My character's name is Graham, and that's all they've told me."

© BBC/Steve Schofield

The show also showed off Jodie Whittaker's official new Doctor outfit, prompting Bradley to joke that there's been a bit of a wardrobe mishap.

"Oh no, that's what I was going to wear!" he said. "That's embarrassing. Four hours in Topshop wasted."

During an appearance on The One Show earlier this week, Bradley revealed he didn't have to audition for the role, explaining that new Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall asked him if he wanted the part.

Doctor Who will be back on BBC One and BBC America this Christmas for Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat's swansong, before returning with the Jodie Whittaker era in 2018.

Doctor Who series 11 will premiere in Autumn 2018 on BBC One, while Sunday Brunch continues weekly on Channel 4.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A female doctor doesn't bother me in the slightest. And I won't miss Capaldi as the Doctor either. I haven't had one I really liked since Christopher Eccleston's, although David Tennant wasn't bad.

Doctor Who series 11 will premiere in Autumn 2018 on BBC One
        What does bother me is the incredibly long time that we are being asked to wait between already too-short seasons that are going to get shorter. Not counting the Christmas episode, we get to wait 15 or so months between the last S10 and the premier of S11.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          What does bother me is the incredibly long time that we are being asked to wait between already too-short seasons that are going to get shorter. Not counting the Christmas episode, we get to wait 15 or so months between the last S10 and the premier of S11.
          You clearly weren't around when the wait for new Doctor Who episodes was when the count was the 16-years between 1989 and 2005. 15 month wait? Believe you me, 15-months is a walk in the park by comparison to the 16-years myself and other fans had to wait. And a shorter series? A shorter series is better than no series at all.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

What will the 13th Doctor’s first words be after she regenerates?
            What will Jodie Whittaker's opening lines be when she takes over from Peter Capaldi?

By Paul Jones
            Tuesday, 14th November 2017 at 4:41 pm

Full Article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...-regeneration/

Comment

I am excited for the new Doctor..... Jodie was a smart choice
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                I am excited for the new Doctor..... Jodie was a smart choice
                Me too. I must admit to being initially reluctant about the idea of there being a female incarnation for the Doctor...but Jodie's casting totally won me over. She's been wonderful in everything I've seen her in. I'm excited not just for the TV episodes but also the comics and the books to feature her Doctor and her companions and also all the interviews and convention appearances Jodie and her co-stars of next years Doctor Who cast will make.

Comment

Keith Barron 1934-2017
                  Wednesday, 15 November, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/11...issue-519.html

The actor Keith Barron has died at the age of 83.

Keith Barron played the character Striker, one of the Eternals in the 1983 Fifth Doctor story Enlightenment. He is best known for playing David Pearce in the 1980s Yorkshire Television sitcom Duty-Free.

Kethe Baron was born in Mexborough, South Yorkshire in 1934. His career started at the Sheffield Repertory Theatre, where he also met his wife, Mary a stage designer.

His television career began in the early 1960's when he played a number of small roles before playing Detective Sergeant Swift in the Granada TV series The Odd Man and its spin-off It's Dark Outside.

His main break came in 1965 when he took the title role in two Wednesday plays, written by Dennis Potter, Stand Up, Nigel Barton and Vote, Vote, Vote for Nigel Barton, which detailed the character's journey from his childhood in a small mining community to winning a scholarship for Oxford and eventually becoming an MP.

In 1967 he played Jim Dixon in BBC Two's The Further Adventures of Lucky Jim, a comedy set in the swinging student world in London. He appeared in Jackanory, A Family at War, Love Story and No Strings. In 1974 we made a memorable appearance in Upstairs Downstairs as Gregory Wilmot, a love interest for Jean Marsh's Rose.

Many other roles followed and in 1979 he played Tim Hart in Telford's Change alongside Peter Barkworth. The same year he appeared in the ITV drama Prince Regent as Whig statesman Charles James Fox.

In 1983 he was asked at short notice to take on his one Doctor Who role, as Striker in Enlightenment. The role was originally to be played by Peter Sallis, who had to drop out when industrial action delayed production.

He played the Narator in West Country Tales and Daniel Ford in Leaving, before taking on the role that he is probably best known for, playing David Pearce in Duty Free.

Other roles included parts in Haggard, Take Me Home, Take Me Home, Room at the Bottom, Late Expectations, The Good Guys, All Night Long, Take Me, NCS Manhunt, Where the Heart Is, Dead Man Weds, The Chase, Law & Order: UK, DCI Banks and Casualty. He had a regular role in the soap Coronation Street playing George Trench.

Barron is survived by his wife, Mary, to whom he was married for 58 years, and his son, Jamie, also an actor.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 519
                    Wednesday, 15 November, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/11...issue-519.html

Issue 519 of Doctor Who Magazine has an exclusive interview with the new first doctor, David Bradley.

Four years ago he played William Hartnell in BBC Two’s An Adventure in Space and Time. Now David Bradley is returning as the First Doctor himself for this year’s Christmas Special Twice Upon a Time...
                    I was playing the guy who was playing the Doctor, but now I’m the Doctor... It’s absolutely thrilling.

ALSO IN THIS ISSUE…
                    • FRIGHT KNIGHT Sir Derek Jacobi talks to DWM about bringing back his version of the Master for Big Finish’s new series of audio adventures.
                    • DEDICATED FOLLOWERS DWM meets Jared Garfield and Lily Travers, the actors playing Ben and Polly in Twice Upon a Time.
                    • BEN ZEN In a previously unpublished interview from 1997, Michael Craze reflects on the time he spent playing Ben Jackson in Doctor Who from 1966 to 1967.
                    • DOC MARTIN In what turned out to be his final interview, Trevor Martin discusses playing the Doctor in the stage play Seven Keys to Doomsday. Elsewhere in this issue DWM pays tribute to his long career.
                    • DRESSING THE DOCTOR Costume designer Hayley Nebauer explains how she created the First Doctor’s 2017 look.
                    • ANNUAL REPORT BBC Audio is reviving stories from the Doctor Who annuals. Readers Peter Purves and Matthew Waterhouse are in the studio...
                    • 54 FIRST DATES What’s so special about the 23rd of November? And what else has happened on Doctor Who’s big day? DWM investigates...
                    • THE PHANTOM PIPER A brand-new comic strip adventure for the Doctor and Bill in part one of The Phantom Piper, written by Scott Gray and illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
                    • THE TIME TEAM The Time Team continues its mission to watch every episode of Doctor Who with 2011’s The Almost People.
                    • THE FACT OF FICTION Uncovering the details hidden in the 2007 episode The Lazarus Experiment.
                    • THE BLOGS OF DOOM DWM’s brand-new column begins...

PLUS! Previews, book and audio reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and more.

Doctor Who Magazine 519 is on sale from Thursday 16 November, price £5.99.
                    Last edited by Alan; 15 November 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Here’s what Doctor Who fans think the 13th Doctor’s first words should be
                      How will Jodie Whittaker's incarnation of the Time Lord announce herself? Here's what YOU want to hear...

By Paul Jones
                      Friday, 17th November 2017 at 9:49 am

Full Article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...r-first-words/

Everything you need to know about the Doctor Who Christmas special 2017
                      Peter Capaldi’s last stand, the debut of Jodie Whittaker and the history of the First Doctor will all appear this Christmas in Twice Upon a Time

By Huw Fullerton
                      UPDATED 17th November 2017

Full Article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...ime-cast-plot/

Comment

Children in Need Doctor Who sneak peak!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Children in Need Doctor Who sneak peak!
                          Liked that a lot.

"Have I been burgled?"
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The Fourth Doctor Returns In Animation! – Shada Trailer – Doctor Who
                            Doctor Who
                            Published on 20 Nov 2017

A book from Gallifrey holds the key to Shada. Get ready to travel with the Fourth Doctor and Romana again! Shada is out on 24th November on EST platforms and on 4th December on DVD and Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/ShadaAnimation

Comment

Rodney Bewes 1937-2017
                              Tuesday, 21 November, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/11...1937-2017.html

The actor Rodney Bewes has died at the age of 79.

Rodney Bewes appeared in Doctor Who in 1984, playing Stien in the Fifth Doctor story Resurrection of the Daleks, but was best known to British audiences for playing Bob Ferris in 1960's sitcom The Likely Lads and its sequel Whatever Happened to The Likely Lads.

Rodney Bewes was born in 1937 in Morley, West Yorkshire. Childhood asthma kept him house-bound until the age of 12, but he achieved his ambition of becoming an actor, first appearing on stage at the age of 14. He studied for a time at RADA but dropped out.

In 1952 he made his television debut in Mystery at Mountcliffe Chase, a BBC Children's drama. He played Joe in The Pickwick Papers and appeared in supporting roles in series such as Dixon of Dock Green, Emergency-Ward 10 and Z Cars.

In 1964 he won the role with which he would make his name, the working class boy made good, Bob Ferris, in the sitcom The Likely Lads. The series, written by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais, pitted Bewes up against James Bolam as Terry Collier. Twenty episodes were made, detailing the struggle of two working-class boys from the North East, trying to make sense of a changing world, while facing the usual temptations of beer football, and girls.

In 1966 the series ended and the actors moved on, but a reunion was on the cards and in 1973 the series returned, this time in colour and with the new title Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?. The series was a tremendous hit as viewers followed the sparing between Bob, trying to improve his lot by moving into a detached house and getting a job as an executive, and Terry, desperately trying to cling onto his working-class roots.

Part of the success of the series was the double act of Bewes and Bolam, whose on-screen chemistry was a masterclass of timing and pathos. But the deep friendship was a TV illusion and in reality, the two actors had a stormy relationship. An interview given by Bewes in 1976 in which he talked about Bolam and his wife created a rift that would never be healed. Bewes called his co-star to apologise after the piece was published, but Bolam hung up and never spoke to him again.

Other roles included Knave of Hearts in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Albert Courtnay in Albert! and Reg Last in Just Liz. In 1969 he spent a year as Basil Brush's sidekick Mr Rodney.His agent announced his death earlier today
                              It is with great sadness that we confirm that our dear client, the much-loved actor Rodney Bewes, passed away this morning. Rodney was a true one-off. We will miss his charm and ready wit.

Rodney Bewes is survived by a daughter and three sons.

Comment

Happy Doctor Who Day From Tom Baker! - Doctor Who

Doctor Who
                                Published on 23 Nov 2017

Happy Doctor Who Day from the Fourth Doctor himself, how will you celebrate #DoctorWhoDay?

Subscribe to Doctor Who for more exclusive videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcO...confirmation=1

Watch more Doctor Who: Title Sequences: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hduSguL07ETZm6

Regenerations: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bsVQeQdIrEo9oh

The Thirteenth Doctor: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hu3DU1BkSeJ9VM

Welcome to the home of Doctor Who on YouTube! Travel in the TARDIS with clips dating back to the Doctor's first incarnation in 1963, all the way through dozens of regenerations, from the latest clips of the Peter Capaldi era to the announcement of Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor. Including behind-the-scenes footage, exclusive videos and our very own show Doctor Who: The Fan Show - this is the place to find all the best official clips from all 54 years of Doctor Who history.

Subscribe for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcO...confirmation=1

Want to share your views with the team behind Doctor Who and win prizes? Join our fan panel here: http://survey18.toluna.com/wix/p2571...TDescriptionDW

This is a channel from BBC Worldwide who help fund new BBC programmes.
                                Last edited by Alan; 23 November 2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X