This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

30 Minutes until...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A reminder to anyone interested that once again this year, all of Doctor Who's classic run will be streamed on Twitch.

It begins airing here at 5pm GMT -- about an hour and a half from now.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          A reminder to anyone interested that once again this year, all of Doctor Who's classic run will be streamed on Twitch.

It begins airing here at 5pm GMT -- about an hour and a half from now.
          This has begun. "An Unearthly Child" is on right now.

Airing schedule for the next week:

January 5
          An Unearthly Child
          The Daleks
          The Edge Of Destruction
          The Keys Of Marinus
          The Aztecs
          The Sensorites (Eps 1-4)

January 6
          The Sensorites (Eps 5-6)
          Planet Of Giants
          The Dalek Invasion Of Earth
          The Rescue
          The Romans
          The Web Planet
          The Space Museum

January 7
          The Chase
          The Time Meddler
          The Ark
          The Gunfighters
          The War Machines
          Tomb Of The Cybermen (2nd Doctor Start!)
          Enemy of the World (Ep 1)

January 8
          Enemy of the World (Eps 2-6)
          The Web Of Fear
          The Dominators
          The Mind Robber
          The Krotons
          The Seeds Of Death (Eps 1-2)

January 9
          The Seeds Of Death (Eps 3-6)
          The War Games
          Spearhead From Space (3rd Doctor Start!)
          The Silurians
          The Ambassadors Of Death (Eps 1-2)

January 10
          The Ambassadors Of Death (Eps 3-7)
          Inferno
          Terror Of The Autons
          The Mind Of Evil
          The Claws Of Axos
          Colony In Space (Ep 1)

January 11
          Colony In Space (Eps 2-6)
          The Daemons
          The Curse Of Peladon
          The Sea Devils
          The Mutants
          The Time Monster (Ep 1)
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

W. Morgan Sheppard 1932 - 2019
            Monday, 07 January, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/01...1932-2019.html

The actor W. Morgan Sheppard has died at the age of 86.

William Morgan Sheppard appeared in the 2011 Eleventh Doctor story The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon playing the older version of ex-FBI agent Canton Everett Delaware III, who accompanied the Eleventh Doctor during the latter's visit to the United States of America in 1969. The younger version of the character was played by his son Mark Sheppard.

William Morgan Sheppard was born in London and trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He spent 12 years as an associate artist with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Sheppard has a strong connection with Science fiction, appearing in both Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek: Voyager as well as the films Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and the 2009 reboot Star Trek.

He appeared in two roles in Babylon 5. His best known role was probably Blank Reg in the comedy Max Headroom. In the films Gettysburg and Gods and Generals he played the Confederate general Isaac Trimble.

As well as Doctor Who he appeared alongside his son in the television series NCIS.

William Morgan Sheppard died on Sunday in Los Angeles, California. He is survived by his wife and children.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

War Master battles the Eighth Doctor for Big Finish
              Tuesday, 08 January, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/01...octor-for.html

In a climactic audio battle the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) takes on the War Master (Derek Jacobi) in The War Master: The Rage of the Time Lords, coming out in July 2019 from Big Finish Productions.

Sir Derek Jacobi reprises the role of the War Master opposite Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor in the third series of The War Master audio adventures made in association with BBC Studios.

In The War Master: The Rage of the Time Lords, four new stories explore the Master’s exploits in the Time War.

1. The Survivor by Tim Foley
              2. The Coney Island Chameleon by David Llewellyn
              3. The Missing Link by Tim Foley
              4. Darkness and Light by David Llewellyn

With all of space and time in chaos, the Master plots his most audacious project yet. Only one other Time Lord has ever been able to stop him. But where is that Time Lord when the universe needs him?

This new series of adventures take the Master into darker terrain as he gathers his forces against the Daleks in one of his most nefarious schemes to date. Will the Doctor stop him? Will he want to? Or has the Master’s deadly scheme proved too great to be controlled…

Producer and director Scott Handcock told us more
              This incarnation of the Master is very much the ‘Hannibal Lecter’ of Time Lords – intelligent, charming, but thoroughly ruthless. We had a lot of fun in studio bringing the War Master back to life! It’s been a gift of a project, and we can’t wait for listeners to hear it.”

Sir Derek was only seen on screen for one TV episode. On returning to the role on audio in 2017, he said:
              “I didn’t expect to come back to it all these years later but I was thrilled to be remembered. The plots in all these episodes have been very good indeed, very interesting, very dramatic and beautifully written. The whole process has been a delight!

The War Master: The Rage of the Time Lords is being released in the 20th anniversary year of Doctor Who on audio, and it showcases some of the best qualities of the format. One of the greatest delights for Big Finish is being able to further explore and add to the mythology of characters such as the Eighth Doctor and the Master.

Series three, The War Master: Rage of the Time Lords will materialise in July 2019 written by Tim Foley and David Llewellyn. Series four, The War Master: Anti-Genesis written by Nicholas Briggs and Alan Barnes, will complete the saga in December 2019.

The first two series in The War Master range – Only the Good and The Master of Callous – are available from Big Finish Productions each at £35 on CD or £30 on download, while series three and four are available for pre-order now each at £23 on CD or £20 on download.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the fact that 10 didn't know "Professor Yana"... perhaps 8 wont actually meet the War Master face to face...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

I'm not concerned. In the "The Starship of Theseus," the Eighth Doctor's memories of pre-Time War/concurrent-Time War are shifting in real-time as reality changes due to the events of the war. I don't think they even need to do anything as convoluted as memory wipes or not meeting face-to-face.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    War Master battles the Eighth Doctor for Big Finish
                    Tuesday, 08 January, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/01...octor-for.html

In a climactic audio battle the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) takes on the War Master (Derek Jacobi) in The War Master: The Rage of the Time Lords, coming out in July 2019 from Big Finish Productions.

Sir Derek Jacobi reprises the role of the War Master opposite Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor in the third series of The War Master audio adventures made in association with BBC Studios.
                    Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    Will be interesting to see how they deal with the fact that 10 didn't know "Professor Yana"... perhaps 8 wont actually meet the War Master face to face...
                    I'm not concerned. In the "The Starship of Theseus," the Eighth Doctor's memories of pre-Time War/concurrent-Time War are shifting in real-time as reality changes due to the events of the war. I don't think they even need to do anything as convoluted as memory wipes or not meeting face-to-face.
                    I concur with Digi. In the instability of the Time War due to the weapons and tactics used by the Daleks and the Time Lords, reality is in flux.

Apart from the fact that he didn't have much time left, I wonder if it is because of the Time War that the Doctor didn't mention Mary or Liv or Helen or Bliss right before he regenerated into the War incarnation? Maybe they'd had their histories rewritten or they had been erased from history completely? Well apart from Mary of course. She's safe from erasure because she's a real life person and she had books to go on and write.

Comment

This has begun. "An Unearthly Child" is on right now.

Airing schedule for the next week:

January 5
                      An Unearthly Child
                      The Daleks
                      The Edge Of Destruction
                      The Keys Of Marinus
                      The Aztecs
                      The Sensorites (Eps 1-4)

January 6
                      The Sensorites (Eps 5-6)
                      Planet Of Giants
                      The Dalek Invasion Of Earth
                      The Rescue
                      The Romans
                      The Web Planet
                      The Space Museum

January 7
                      The Chase
                      The Time Meddler
                      The Ark
                      The Gunfighters
                      The War Machines
                      Tomb Of The Cybermen (2nd Doctor Start!)
                      Enemy of the World (Ep 1)

January 8
                      Enemy of the World (Eps 2-6)
                      The Web Of Fear
                      The Dominators
                      The Mind Robber
                      The Krotons
                      The Seeds Of Death (Eps 1-2)

January 9
                      The Seeds Of Death (Eps 3-6)
                      The War Games
                      Spearhead From Space (3rd Doctor Start!)
                      The Silurians
                      The Ambassadors Of Death (Eps 1-2)

January 10
                      The Ambassadors Of Death (Eps 3-7)
                      Inferno
                      Terror Of The Autons
                      The Mind Of Evil
                      The Claws Of Axos
                      Colony In Space (Ep 1)

January 11
                      Colony In Space (Eps 2-6)
                      The Daemons
                      The Curse Of Peladon
                      The Sea Devils
                      The Mutants
                      The Time Monster (Ep 1)
                      I wish I had known about this website sooner. It's playing 'The Brain of Morbius' now.
                      Total syffy posts: 36,690
                      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                      Matthew 5:9

Comment

If money is no object and schedules could be worked around here's my list of guest actors.Benedict CumberbatchLucy LawlessLucy LiuAngelina JolieDwight SchultzMichael IronsideRibert Downey Jr.Catherine Zeta JonesLady Gaga

To name a few.

Who would you pick?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch Over-rated
                          Lucy Lawless Maybe
                          Lucy Liu
                          Angelina Jolie
                          Dwight Schultz Why not, he's done everything else
                          Michael Ironside OMG just realised - he was Ham!!
                          Ribert Downey Jr. I have no time for this arrogant actor
                          Catherine Zeta Jones
                          Lady Gaga Could be fun!

Generally speaking, I have no interest in seeing "big name" stars in Doctor Who, because the reality is they do cost money, which would negatively impact other areas of the show. Moreso, I can't help but feel... the show is about the Doctor (ok - and the companion/s)... and having someone big on board could derail that. Voyage of the Damned felt a little that way because of Kylie. If you're American, you wouldn't "get it", but Kylie Minogue (Astra) reached astronomical soap stardom here in Australia, before becoming a huge pop star in Aust and the UK. It felt f'n weird frankly seeing her with the Doctor...

(Ok - Star Trek managed to insert Whoopi pretty well into TNG... Maybe it's possible.)
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            If money is no object and schedules could be worked around here's my list of guest actors.Benedict CumberbatchLucy LawlessLucy LiuAngelina JolieDwight SchultzMichael IronsideRibert Downey Jr.Catherine Zeta JonesLady Gaga

To name a few.

Who would you pick?
                            David Hewlett, Craig Ferguson, Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion, Sir Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Rene Auberjonois, Dean Stockwell and Zoie Palmer.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              David Hewlett, Craig Ferguson, Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion, Sir Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Rene Auberjonois, Dean Stockwell and Zoie Palmer.
                              Oh I like your list.

BTW howcome my list got reformatted into a block?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X