Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic WHO - next bluray "Collection" is Pertwee; Season 8!

Lovely trailer with Jo...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Classic WHO - next bluray "Collection" is Pertwee; Season 8!

Lovely trailer with Jo...
      Further to the above...

The Collection: Season 8
      Wednesday, 25 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1..._season_8.html

BBC Studios have announced the next instalment in the Doctor Who: The Collection range will be the Third Doctor's second season, Season 8.

Starring Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning, this hotly anticipated instalment can be pre-ordered now and will be available from 23rd February 2021.
      TERROR OF THE AUTONS
      THE MIND OF EVIL
      THE CLAWS OF AXOS
      COLONY IN SPACE
      THE DAEMONS

Stranded on 20th Century Earth, the Third Doctor teams up with UNIT and new companion Jo Grant to thwart alien invasions! And that’s not all, he must also contend with the arrival of his deadliest foe – arch-nemesis the Master.
      Battling Autons, Axons, an alien mind parasite and a mighty Daemon, the Doctor, Jo and UNIT must defend the Earth – and its future pioneers - in five action-packed adventures.

With all episodes newly remastered, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features including:

• Behind the Sofa - New episodes with Katy Manning, Stewart Bevan, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Sacha Dhawan and Anjli Mohindra.
      • In Conversation - Matthew Sweet chats to companion Katy Manning.
      • A Devils Weekend - Actors Katy Manning and John Levene take a personal trip back to the picturesque village of Aldbourne, 50 years after they recorded the Doctor Who story The Daemons there.
      • The Direct Route - Doctor Who directors Michael Briant, Graeme Harper and Tim Combe take an epic road trip to all the filming locations from Season 8 as they discuss directing the show in the early 1970s.
      • Terrance and Me - Lifelong Doctor Who fan, Frank Skinner sets out to meet the family, friends and colleagues of the late, much-loved writer, Terrance Dicks.
      • Blu-Ray trailer - A specially shot mini-episode
      • Extended Episode 1 of The Claws of Axos
      • 90-minute omnibus edition of The Daemons
      • Immersive 5.1 surround sound on Terror of the Autons and The Daemons
      • Optional updated special effects and CSO clean-up on Terror of the Autons
      • Unseen studio footage
      • Rare archive treats
      • Convention footage
      • HD photo galleries
      • Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files

The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.

Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 8 can be pre-ordered now from Amazon

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Just had to get in first with that news.
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        and lots more!

Comment

Holy sonic, Batman - how'd we all miss this?!

The - currently - missing episode #3 of Web of Fear is being animated for release next year!!*

HOPEFULLY they'll track down the bastard that stole it... but in the meantime - at least we'll have something better than the not terribly amazing recon.

Also fills in another blank for Season 5's BluRay... I presume Wheel in Space will also have a release maybe next year as as a full animation... then we'll just need the Yeti's first appearance to be animated for all of S5...

*Thinking about it... the recovery of this story was SEVEN years ago... so, maybe the trail has gone cold... but SOMEONE has it... may they rot in hell.
          and lots more!

Comment

Doctor Who Back on New Year's Day
            Sunday, 29 November 2020 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/1...years_day.html

The Festive Special of Doctor Who, ‘Revolution of the Daleks’, will air on New Year’s Day.

The Festive Special episode will see a host of exciting guest artists including previously announced John Barrowman MBE who will be reprising his role as Captain Jack Harkness alongside Chris Noth who will be back as the disgraced Jack Robertson. Chris Noth previously appeared in the series 11 episode ‘Arachnids in the UK’ and it’s safe to say the Doctor and all those involved were less than impressed by his questionable actions. However, viewers will have to wait and see just what brings him back this time…

Star of the stage and screen Dame Harriet Walter will also be making her Doctor Who debut for the Festive Special alongside television star Nathan Stewart-Jarrett who has recently appeared in The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Viewers last saw the Thirteenth Doctor at the end of series 12 where her fate was left hanging in the balance as she was locked away in a high-security alien prison with no hope of escape. In the upcoming Festive Special, Yaz, Ryan and Graham are far away on Earth and having to carry on with their lives without her. However, they soon discover a disturbing plan forming. A plan which involves a Dalek. How can you fight a Dalek without the Doctor? Even with Captain Jack’s help, the gang are set to face one of their biggest and most frightening challenges yet…

Chris Chibnall, the Executive Producer, said:
            We’ve crammed this year's Doctor Who Festive Special with an explosion of extraordinary acting talent. Where else would you get British acting royalty, a globally renowned US screen star, an (inter)national treasure of stage and screen and one of Britain's hottest young actors — just in the guest cast! Put those together with Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole (and Daleks! Did I mention Daleks!) — and you get a cast to be exterminated for. And things will explode. Promise.

‘Revolution of the Daleks’
            will air on New Year’s Day on BBC One.

Doctor Who is a BBC Studios Production.

Last edited by Alan; 29 November 2020, 10:52 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Missed the news on Captain Jack so was a nice surprise to see him in the trailer on TV today! Thoughts on the new look Daleks?

Comment

"People" (you know, "them") are complaining that they don't look Dalek-y enough.

Eyestalk, dome lights, gunstick, plunger thingy... *shrugs* They look like Daleks to me.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

They have all the elements of a Dalek therefore they are Daleks. I like them. But Chris Chibnall has already said that they are in no way intended to replace the design that's been in place since 2005.

The last Dalek we saw in Resolution was described as a reconaissance scout and the ones that feature in the new trailer seem to resemble it. There are lots of variants such as Spider Daleks and Marine Daleks and Special Weapons Daleks, so I have no problem with this lot being of a reconaissance class.

Comment

I was slightly bugged by the red lasers but I'm sure Ill get over it when I see the whole episode. Aren't they traditionally blue?

Comment

They are usually blue, but Davros' Imperial Daleks had yellow lasers so there is a precedent for them changing.

Comment

Doctor Who: LOCKDOWN! | Doctor Who's 57th Anniversary Opening Titles & Credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgVslbM3Qg

Comment

‘Doctor Who’ Stars Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole to Exit After Holiday Special

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Masterful social media-only exclusive scene
                            •1 Dec 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo57Zo08vgs

bigfinishprod

FIND OUT MORE AT THE BIG FINISH WEBSITE: http://bgfn.sh/2a

This social media-exclusive scene stars Mark Gatiss and Jon Culshaw.

Further details of Masterful, the special audio adventure commemorating half a century of the evil Time Lord, have been revealed, plus an exclusive scene is now available on social media.

Due for release on 2 January 2021, exactly 50 years to the day since Roger Delgado made his debut in Doctor Who: Terror of the Autons, Masterful is a celebration of the mischief and madness of the Master (and Missy).

Script Editor Matt Fitton said: “Because we’re also celebrating the first appearance of Roger Delgado’s Master, we wondered how we could represent that era and Jo Grant sprang to mind – she also first appeared in Terror of the Autons. So we asked Katy Manning if she’d like to be involved as well and she said yes, which is great.

“We also thought about other tools the Master has used over the years and it made sense to include Kamelion. We were delighted that Jon Culshaw agreed to play that role and, through him, we were able to channel the Anthony Ainley Master – among other surprise guests!

“It’s always fun to have an anniversary celebration. The Doctors have a get together every so often, so it’s perfect for the Masters to have one too!”

Masterful stars Geoffrey Beevers, Mark Gatiss, Michelle Gomez, Derek Jacobi, Alex MacQueen, Milo Parker, Eric Roberts and John Simm, featuring guest appearances from Jon Culshaw as Kamelion, Katy Manning as Jo Grant, with Abigail McKern, Aurora Burghart and Zaqi Ismail.

Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99), exclusively at the Big Finish website. This edition contains:

Discs 1-3: Masterful by James Goss

Disc 4: Masterful - Behind the Scenes

Disc 5: Doctor Who - Short Trips: I Am The Master by Geoffrey Beevers and Short Trips: The Switching by Simon Guerrier (both previously available on download only)

Discs 6-8: Doctor Who: Terror of the Master by Trevor Baxendale, a brand new, narrated audiobook featuring the Third Doctor, the Master and UNIT.

Writer Trevor Baxendale said: “I approached Terror of the Master as a Target novelisation – it’s about the same length – of a six-part TV story we never saw. But then it’s also satisfyng to up the ante just a little – I gave the Doctor and the Brigadier an exciting car chase through London, with hitmen on motorbikes and bullets flying, which wouldn’t have been achievable for the programme on TV.

“Similarly, it’s nice to give them a few quieter moments together, to show just how fond of each other they are by this stage – even though neither of them would admit it.”

Please note the box set edition is limited to 3,000 copies only.

The standard edition of Masterful (featuring only the content of discs 1-3 above) is also available to pre-order, priced at £24.99 (on CD) or £19.99 (as a download).

Comment

I thought Bradley Walsh had been announce a while ago but surprised we're losing two. Captain Jack permanent companion next season? *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                I thought Bradley Walsh had been announce a while ago but surprised we're losing two. Captain Jack permanent companion next season? *fingers crossed*
                                I'd read that we were losing both, so no surprise, but wish they would just scrap all 3, and get a new companion. As for it being Capt Jack - I'd watch that
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X