Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming that's the first few minutes of the next episode, rather than a unique clip/story like we've had from Children in Need a few times in the past.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes... Pretty sure it's just a "trailer" - really the first 3 minutes.

Don't think they've done much since Time Crash??
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Right...I guess there's only been the two, Born Again and Time Crash. Otherwise it's all been minisodes from either The Proms or the Blu-rays.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Did anyone see the rumors of Chibnall and Jodie leaving?

What a ****ing farce. If this is true then all the ******* bluster and righteous chest thumping about "We finally made the doctor a woman" and changing the rules of the series will have been for nothing.

Almost might as well pretend like this season didn't exist if this happened.

BBC, stop ****ing up. You already cost the new who my favorite doctor in Eccleston. Don't follow down the same path again
          sigpic

Comment

I hadn't...

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-...fter-89504.htm

But think I'm up to date now.

At this point... more than half way through Chibnall/Whitaker's first season, I'm ready for Chibnell to leave. After a LOT of concern, I'm ready for Whitaker to get a second chance, but the stories to date have really left me incredibly underwhelmed - a fault I put with Chibnell rather than Whitaker. I think she probably has a good Doctor in her, from a few glimpses I've seen amongst the rot..
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

I believe I’ve heard this exact same rumour every single year that Doctor Who has been on the air since 2005. It has long since ceased to be interesting, or even remotely believable.

Comment

Except of course that time in 2005 when...
                Last edited by cosmichobo; 22 November 2018, 03:33 AM.
                and lots more!

Comment

William Hartnell Tribute Documentary
                  Tuesday, 20 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...cumentary.html

The Doctor Who Appreciation Society, DWAS has released a half hour documentary showing the installation of a William Hartnell heritage plaque at Ealing Studios last month.

The video features interviews with family and friends of William Hartnell, and also includes the Carney family unveiling the plaque itself. Other videos and interviews from past DWAS events are also available.

The funds for the plaque were raised by DWAS members and other fans. It is still possible to support the fundraising.

Twenty mini-plaques were produced and three of these remain available. The last three have been signed by family, friends and colleagues of Hartnell who attended the unveiling. Each has a DWAS Certificate of Authenticity attached and the Society is now auctioning number 1 of 3 at their eBay site.

Also available to buy rather than bid on, are DWAS postcard sets and a limited reprint of Cosmic Masque issue 1, the original fan fiction magazine from 1977.

The DWAS Plaque fund raises the money needed for the plaque, installation and ceremony. Any surplus funds raised will be donated to a charity chosen by the Carney family.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

25 minutes... and they didn't get to chat with Carole Ann Ford or William Russell?? (Who were present - seen right at the end after the unveiling.) And they really need a shotgun mic, and to lock off their white balance.

Easy to be an armchair critic, I know... :}
                    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      Except of course that time in 2005 when...
                      Sure, but even then it was only Chris Eccleston. Russell T Davies, Billie Piper, and the entire production crew didn't go anywhere.

Comment

Mags returns with the Seventh Doctor for Big Finish
                        Thursday, 22 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...octor-for.html

Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy is joined by Jessica Martin reprising her role of Mags for a new series of audio adventures from Big Finish.

In this trilogy of tales the punk werewolf circus performer, first seen in 1988’s Doctor Who story The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, joins the Seventh Doctor to embark on a positively gothic series of adventures. They’ll encounter werewolves, vampiric creatures and angry mobs of villagers, ticking every hammer-horror convention with a Doctor Who twist.

The Monsters of Gokroth by Matt Fitton will be released in April 2019. An Alien Werewolf in London by Alan Barnes will be released in May 2019, and The Moons of Vulpana by Emma Reeves will follow in June 2019.

Jessica Martin, actress, singer, impressionist and illustrator, who plays Mags, talked about returning to the role on audio:
                        It’s wonderful. I can’t quite believe it, I have to retrospectively thank John Nathan-Turner and Steven Wyatt who wrote The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, which spawned so many wonderful characters. It’s great to be back all these years later.

In today’s society we’re always talking about people who are outsiders, people who suffer with the darkness within… it’s something that everyone can relate to. The wonderful thing about these new stories is that they truly expand the character of Mags.

Jessica Martin has not only returned to the character for these audio adventures, but also has illustrated new comic adventures for Mags, in a new story from Titan Comics, Hill of Beans, written by Richard Dinnick.

Script-editor and writer of many of the Doctor Who audio adventures created by Big Finish, Alan Barnes, told us about bringing back Mags as a fully-fledged companion
                        When we first met Mags the werewolf in The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, she was the travelling companion of another space adventurer, the Captain. She was such an engaging character that it seemed unfair that she didn't go off with the Doctor in the TARDIS at the end, which would have been so 'right', dramatically speaking. It would have opened up some really interesting story possibilities, too: how would it work, having someone who might turn into a savage beast as a companion?

So reuniting Mags with the Doctor was on my 'to do' list for years and years, and I was determined to make it happen before I stopped being script editor of the Main Range. And thankfully, the stars aligned!

Director, Samuel Clemens (making his directorial debut in these releases), tells us more about the stories
                        Each episode is very unique and shines a light on a different horror genre, from werewolves to monsters to vampires! They have all been very different and a real challenge but very exciting to record because the writing is so good.

Jessica stepped straight back into the role she made so memorable thirty years before. She is such great fun and brings a real ease and lightness to the role but underpins it with a darkness that lurks beneath.

Sylvester is always the consummate professional and incredibly fun to be around. He always has lovely little ideas that he slips into the role and his delivery is so unique, playful and beguiling. He always surprises you.Putting the Doctor and Mags back together has been very special and these three adventures explore some universally interesting themes, whilst being fun, dark and ultimately a thrilling ride to go on.

These three Doctor Who Main Range adventures will be available at £14.99 on CD or £12.99 on download on their release in April, May and June 2019, all available from bigfinish.com. All CD purchases unlock a download option via the Big Finish app and the Big Finish website.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The Witchfinders - This Weekend
                          Friday, 23 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...s-weekend.html

A number of new publicity images to promote this week's episode of Doctor Who, The Witchfinders

The Witchfinders

Writer: Joy Wilkinson
                          Director: Sallie Aprahamian

The Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz arrive in 17th century Lancashire and become embroiled in a witch trial, run by the local landowner.

As fear stalks the land, the arrival of King James I only serves to intensify the witch hunt. But is there something even more dangerous at work? Can the Doctor and friends keep the people of Bilehurst Cragg safe from all the forces that are massing in the land?

This episode will debut on BBC One at 6.30pm.

Main Broadcast Details
                          United Kingdom BBC One Sunday 25th November 6.30pm BST
                          United States of America BBC America Sunday 25th November 8.00pm EDT
                          Canada SPACE Sunday 25th November 8.00pm EDT
                          Australia ABC Monday 26th November 6.00pm AEST
                          Full listings here

Comment

Comment

Happy 55th anniversary Doctor Who!
                              And here's to the next 55 years.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...leased-in.html

Back when Tom Baker was kind of famous for playing the Fourth Doctor, he and fellow WHO actor, Ian Marter ("Harry Sullivan"), locked themselves away with some booze somewhere and wrote a Doctor Who Screenplay, with the idea being for the two of them, plus Liz Sladen as Sarah Jane, to reprise their roles for the big screen.

Sadly (?) the project never saw fruition, and has long been forgotten except in the darkest recesses of fandom.

About a decade ago someone discovered that a copy of the script had been donated to the British Film Institute by former WHO producer, John Nathan-Turner. Now, some bright spark has novelised the script, and as per the above link from Doctor Who News, we will soon be able to read the story, or even listen to Tom Baker reading it on audio tape.

I for one am a little perplexed... If it actually is good, then it'll be so much the harder to swallow given the fact we didn't actually get a movie out of it.

Of course, if it had gone to production, the tv series would likely have ended before Doc 5 ever arrived...
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X