X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews

From IGN Film Force:

http://filmforce.ign.com/drwho/artic.../543443p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Are US PBS Stations Losing Doctor Who?
    Series may jump to Sci-Fi Channel.

September 03, 2004 - Doctor Who, the series that helped make PBS pledge drives much more interesting while bringing in tons of money in the '80s, may be leaving those stations for good if a deal currently in the works goes through. According to an e-mail sent out by representatives of Maryland Public Television, one of the handful of PBS networks in the US that still runs the series, BBC America is refusing to send any additional episodes to stations which means they can only run the episodes they currently have in house. The reason: BBC is currently in negotiations with the SCI-FI Channel cable network to have an exclusive contract for the series.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

I can see it now...

The SGC commissary.

Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are having a snack. Jack (red jello), Sam (blue jello), Teal'c (a banana and green jello), Daniel (some cranraisins).

Daniel: So, Dr. Who is on the SciFi Channel tonight at 9.

Jack: Who is?

Daniel: I don't know, Jack. I hope it's Tom Baker though.

Silence

Jack: I thought you said Dr. Who?

Daniel: I did Jack.

Jack: Who is who?

Daniel: I said I don't know Jack. It could be Tom Baker, it could be Peter Davison or...

Jack: Those don't sound like doctors, though.

Teal'c: Indeed not, O'Neill. Doctors McCoy, or Crusher or Bashir -- even Dr. Beckett -- those are all familiar scifi doctors.

Daniel: No, no you don't understand. Dr. Who is the name of the show -- and the character.

Jack: Who is?

Daniel: Yes, Jack.

Jack: Oh. Teal'c -- you gonna eat that banana?

(Sam went and got a second helping of blue jello. Never miss an opportunity to stock up on blue jello.)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

That script cleared up everything!

And was hilarious in the old school jack fashion.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

That would be nice. Get to see Mary Tamm (my fav of the sidekicks) again.

Might somewhat makeup for letting the Trek series slip through their (scifi) fingers and losing them to the Spike Channel, who shows them out of order and at odd times.
      "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Yeah but is that the rights for the repeats of the old series or the rights to show the new series when it's done?

Comment

Maybe SciFi can air the episode parts in order, unlike the PBS station I watch. At least they show it and Red Dwarf--I need my weekly fix. I think Scifi might have aired both once upon a time.

Comment

hmmm.. maybe I'll get a chance to see if it's as good as I remember from when I was 8 or 9 and local PBS actually aired it.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I vote for the Dr. beeing "Sylvester McCoy" - the 7th one
              The best IMHO

Comment

I know I'll watch Dr. Who. It was the first British Scifi show I watch on PBS. They stop showing it a long time ago in our PBS station.

I hope they show it from the beginning.

I sort of like the Deleks(sp.) as a bad guy in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  I know I'll watch Dr. Who. It was the first British Scifi show I watch on PBS. They stop showing it a long time ago in our PBS station.

I hope they show it from the beginning.

I sort of like the Deleks(sp.) as a bad guy in the series.
                  So, what kind of Doctor was Doctor Who anyway? MD, JD, PhD, ScD, EdD, DVM, DDS, PharmD, DC? Any clues?

Comment

I really don't know but in one episode, I think, he mention that was his name, Doctor.

Remember it has been years since I have seen the show on PBS. So, I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      So, what kind of Doctor was Doctor Who anyway? MD, JD, PhD, ScD, EdD, DVM, DDS, PharmD, DC? Any clues?
                      All of the above and many more but I think he majored in temperal enginering.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl
                        All of the above and many more but I think he majored in temperal enginering.
                        That's a lot of schoolin'.

Comment

The Doctor was just the Doctor. Like the Master was the Master...
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Speaking of which, wouldn't Cliff Simon (is that his name?) who plays Baal make a good Master?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Speaking of which, wouldn't Cliff Simon (is that his name?) who plays Baal make a good Master?
                              YES! Start the pettion.

Comment

Working...
                              X